On to Football Season

Clark

Jun 24, 2009
Altoona
2002 doesn't count since when the teams played they were both really good and I believe ISU may have been the favorite for that game. Obviously by seasons end Iowa was playing much better and ISU much worse. 2005's team went 7-5 so I wouldn't count them as a great team. 2001 game was played between two equal teams imo. In the other year's where ISU beat Iowa, Iowa has not been very good and I feel the same will hold true this year if that happens.

I'm pretty sure they've never been favorites for a game in kinnick, but that's besides the point.

You're wrong, I've already given you multiple examples for seasons where Iowa not only didn't struggle to get into a bowl game, they got into pretty good bowl games by Iowa standards.

I mean, I can't tell you how to feel but the statistics don't really back your feelings. Even allowing for last Fry season and first two awful Kirk seasons, it's still more likely that Iowa makes a bowl game than not after losing the ISU.

iahawks

Sep 7, 2012
How the **** does 2002 not count? And I am rather confident ISU was not favored to beat Iowa in 2002. Even if ISU was favored, I'm rolling at how 2002 does not count.

Troll on.

It counts in that ISU did in fact win. It doesn't count in the fact that in 2002 coming into the game both teams were good and went on to future top 10 rankings. Doesn't fit the criteria that Iowa lost to an inferior ISU team and then went onto a great season. That ISU team at that time was legit. And I bet ISU was favored in that game.

CyTwins

Jan 20, 2010
Ankeny
I predict the following for ISU:

1. Win 1 to 3 games
2. Don't go to a bowl
3. Look forward to March

I predict the following for ISU fans:

1) Repeatedly remind everyone about how great their schedule is and that is why they suck.
2) More pollard worshipping
3) Vigorous 5th grade reading level forum discussions on keeping Campbell cause he is always grinding and trying to win his Sixth National Championship.

Oh boy, you got salty pretty quick on that one

iahawks

Sep 7, 2012
Oh boy, you got salty pretty quick on that one

Just showing how easy it is to do stupid stuff like that. Doesn't really add anything to the discussion and doesn't make anybody clever in anyway.

clonetone

Feb 16, 2016
​Iowa:
Miami (OH)
Iowa State
North Dakota State
@ Rutgers
Northwestern
@ Minnesota
@ Purdue
Wisconsin
@ Penn State
Michigan
@ Illinois
Nebraska

Iowa State:
UNI
@ Iowa
@ TCU
San Jose State
Baylor
@ Oklahoma State
@ Texas
Kansas State
Oklahoma
@ Kansas
Texas Tech
West Virginia

One of those things is not like the other

ISUFan22

Apr 11, 2006
Denver, CO
Just showing how easy it is to do stupid stuff like that. Doesn't really add anything to the discussion and doesn't make anybody clever in anyway.
You can be a troll, that's one thing. The sad fact is you lie about it. Don't for a second act like you came here for any discussion outside of trolling.

CyTwins

Jan 20, 2010
Ankeny
The only time I worry about Iowa being good at football is when expectations are as low as possible. Otherwise it's going to be a season with some hilarious losses that result in people questioning Ferentz's clock management and calling for his head

clonetone

Feb 16, 2016
I'm pretty sure they've never been favorites for a game in kinnick, but that's besides the point.

Iowa has been favored to beat Iowa State the last 18 years in a row I believe.

Iowa State is 10-8 in those 18 games against Iowa

Clark

Jun 24, 2009
Altoona
That was fast. Real fast.

he should work at Jimmy John's

nJNtPJ.gif

hoiballin33

Nov 7, 2014

You are posting on a rival forum. How you expected anything other than some playful name calling/ribbing is beyond me.

iahawks

Sep 7, 2012
You can be a troll, that's one thing. The sad fact is you lie about it. Don't for a second act like you came here for any discussion outside of trolling.

Well that is just like your opinion man. I don't for a second think I'm trolling and hope I have a decent rep around here.

kentkel

Apr 12, 2006
Just gonna leave this here:
[video=youtube;xxgKvejsTZI]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xxgKvejsTZI[/video]
iahawks probably in the center of that video at time index 0:58

CascadeClone

Oct 24, 2009
I think ISU will find it's way to 5-7 somehow. UNI, SJS, and KU should be wins. Tech, WV and KSt at home later in the year when hopefully the team is more in synch with new staff and systems - get 2 of 3 there. Maybe they bag Texas or Iowa on the road, although not likely imho. I think they have an outside shot at a bowl game. They weren't as far away from competent last year as the record looked.

The O-line is THE major concern as others have stated. If the staff can assemble anything like a decent line, the other parts are there. The defense might be really salty. Stay tuned.

As for Iowa, I expect they should be better as a team (more experience) but have a worse record. They really caught a lot of breaks last year.

Just looked at their schedule, god almighty. Anyone with a pulse they have at home! NW, Wisky, Mich, Nebby. Their road games are a chum bucket of Ill, Rutgers, Minny, Purdue, and Penn St. And they avoid the best 2 teams in the conference AGAIN. There just aren't any games where you would pencil in "L". But there are some tossups. Nine or ten wins seems likely. That's my 5 minutes of in-depth analysis.

ribsnwhiskey

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Feb 6, 2009

You start a troll thread. Get called on it. And throw a tantrum. Go away now ******.

iahawks

Sep 7, 2012
The only time I worry about Iowa being good at football is when expectations are as low as possible. Otherwise it's going to be a season with some hilarious losses that result in people questioning Ferentz's clock management and calling for his head

I agree with this and I've learned to be very cautiously optimistic. It isn't like Iowa has set the world on fire in recruiting so they won't out talent anybody.