Play in game

Mr Janny

Welcome to the Office of Secret Intelligence
Staff member
Bookie
SuperFanatic
Mar 27, 2006
its not my fault you dont bother reading before responding. reading is good. learn it.

please explain exactly what I'm missing? If Iowa was a preseason top 25 team, or even at the fringe, that's what, a an expected 6 seed in the tourney? Shoot, KenPom had them ranked 15th in their preseason poll. How is finishing 6th, behind Nebraska, in a Big 10 that wasn't as good as everyone thought, and a having a play in game for an 11 seed not anything other than a disappointment?

I'm going to be practicing my phonics while I wait for your answer. (wait, so "C" can have a "K" sound and an "S" sound?)

cyrocksmypants

Dec 29, 2008
Washington DC
That's BS and clearly an attempt to rewrite history... you should be a politician. You also have to realize that expectations are not a static calculation and that where they were possibly picked 10 months ago doesn't matter if they were more recently in the Top 10 and playing well before an epic collapse that wasn't spawned by external factors such as injuries.

So, lets use ISU as an example. Preseason expectations were bubble team/NIT. After a 14-0 start and top ten ranking, we should have been fine with being in the NIT if we collapsed so badly to get there, because that was the media's preseason expectation. I think that's what Johnny is trying to say.

johnnydugouts

Jan 11, 2013
please explain exactly what I'm missing? If Iowa was a preseason top 25 team, or even at the fringe, that's what, a an expected 6 seed in the tourney? Shoot, KenPom had them ranked 15th in their preseason poll. How is finishing 6th, behind Nebraska, in a Big 10 that wasn't as good as everyone thought, and a having a play in game for an 11 seed not anything other than a disappointment?

I'm going to be practicing my phonics while I wait for your answer. (wait, so "C" can have a "K" sound and an "S" sound?)

please point me to where anyone said it wasnt a disappointment. no one said such a thing, because it would be a absurd. if you want to make stuff up just to argue, i have spare time. but can we pick a different topic?

carvers4math

Mar 15, 2012
Mad Fran was at the State Tournament Sat. night. Saw lots of kids getting autographs and photos with Marble, not so many with Mad Fran, he is probably too scary.

Best wishes that his kid gets better but hoping the Hoks get destroyed. Mad Fran crowing about the money.:rolleyes:

Mr Janny

Staff member
Bookie
SuperFanatic
Mar 27, 2006
please point me to where anyone said it wasnt a disappointment. no one said such a thing, because it would be a absurd. if you want to make stuff up just to argue, i have spare time. but can we pick a different topic?

Oh come off of it.

Hey, check this out! I got to a new word in my book learnin'! It's called "Semantics." And according to the book, people on message boards, who have done nothing but make excuses and downplay Iowa's slide, will try to hide behind them. What a good word. I can't wait to find an opportunity to use it.

MNCyGuy

Jan 14, 2009
Des Moines
Was anybody else listening to KXNO this morning when a caller sincerely asked if the Hawks could still get into the NIT or CBI if they lost the play-in game? Good stuff.

Mr Janny

Staff member
Bookie
SuperFanatic
Mar 27, 2006
Was anybody else listening to KXNO this morning when a caller sincerely asked if the Hawks could still get into the NIT or CBI if they lost the play-in game? Good stuff.

Their boards are full of similarly "intelligent" questions. One guy asked why there were even play in games. He didn't understand why the committee didn't just boot all of the 16 seeds and move everyone down, so they could eliminate the need for Wednesday's games.

johnnydugouts

Jan 11, 2013
Oh come off of it.

Hey, check this out! I got to a new word in my book learnin'! It's called "Semantics." And according to the book, people on message boards, who have done nothing but make excuses and downplay Iowa's slide, will try to hide behind them. What a good word. I can't wait to find an opportunity to use it.

downplay iowas slide? what? listen, i get it. its st pattys day. i also like to drink. but i typically go out and act creepy around girls, not post on CF.

Blandboy

Mar 31, 2006
Bettendorf
We need to give props to those who predicted that Iowa would be a Final Four Team (which they are). Final four selected, that is. Congrats!

Mr Janny

Staff member
Bookie
SuperFanatic
Mar 27, 2006
downplay iowas slide? what? listen, i get it. its st pattys day. i also like to drink. but i typically go out and act creepy around girls, not post on CF.

squawk, squawk, squawk. Why don't you try telling us that you're a bigger ISU fan than Iowa fan again? As drunk as I am, I might believe you this time.

SplitIdentity

Mar 31, 2007
Minnesota
It's not old to me yet. Hater.

Your face.

Hey, real talk for a second. I'm excited for Iowa to be in the tourney! Fack the people that are ****** off about it. I view it as an opportunity. Beat Tennesse. Get some confidence back. Beat UMASS, gain some momentum. Beat Duke, flip off the bandwagon jumpers who want back on, and head to the Sweet 16 during my spring break!

Quote this post.

cyrocksmypants

Dec 29, 2008
Washington DC
Your face.

Hey, real talk for a second. I'm excited for Iowa to be in the tourney! Fack the people that are ****** off about it. I view it as an opportunity. Beat Tennesse. Get some confidence back. Beat UMASS, gain some momentum. Beat Duke, flip off the bandwagon jumpers who want back on, and head to the Sweet 16 during my spring break!

Quote this post.

Even when Iowa was playing at their best this year, I don't see them beating Duke. While they could potentially still beat Tenn and umass (though I don't think they will), they wouldn't beat Duke.

MNCyGuy

Jan 14, 2009
Des Moines
Your face.

Quote this post.

Yea, that's not going to happen.

Gunnerclone

Jul 16, 2010
DSM
Your face.

Quote this post.

ALMOST in the tourney.

SplitIdentity

Mar 31, 2007
Minnesota
Even when Iowa was playing at their best this year, I don't see them beating Duke. While they could potentially still beat Tenn and umass (though I don't think they will), they wouldn't beat Duke.
Depends. The team that whipped up on Michigan and first half at Illinois would play well with them. The team that we've seen the last month, no way. BUT I WANT TO BELIEVE....

Yea, that's not going to happen.
.....SO SHUT UP

carvers4math

Mar 15, 2012
They got pretty lucky. The worldwide leader in sports (which has not been very trustworthy lately) says UMass was the 6th seed in their conference tourney and now 6th seed in big dance. Go Tennessee.

GWad

Aug 22, 2013
I so wanted the hoks to not be included in the field of 64 but this play-in game is even better. Go to their sites, it is driving them crazy. Got TO LOVE IT!!!