Status
Not open for further replies.

jbhtexas

Oct 20, 2006
Arlington, TX
Font size is smaller in the body of posts. Also, when quoting, the font size of the text quoted shows up larger.

Is the font a brighter blue as well? Honestly it's a little rough on my eyes.

Agree with these comments. The previous font was easier to read (or conversely, the new font is difficult to read, for me anyway).

Last edited:

JRE1975

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Nov 12, 2006
Lakewood Ranch, FL
Is there any way to bring the posts from Thursday on back without taking away the credits I lost on the Iowa and Iowa State cybookie bets this weekend? :)

I like the new format.

ia2189

Aug 4, 2006
I don't care for it. I prefer the much more simplistic view of the old site. Just my opinion. Also, is there anyway I can turn off paging so instead of having to click on each page in the thread I can view all of them as one really long page? That would be sweet!!!

alarson

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 15, 2006
Ankeny
heres an issue. this box that tells you how many credits you have and such doesnt mesh well with anything around it.

73983477.png

also, as i found out while trying to post this image, uploads arent working right now either.

bufante

Nov 27, 2006
DMI
I like the look, nice job.

What about getting a "New Post" button, that was the way I surfed the forums before, seemed easiest to me.

Can we limit the size of pictures in people's sig lines? Some people have huge pictures (one of them that sticks out is some hawkeye crap, makes the pages more cumbersome to surf.

Keep up the good work, thanks.

Reactions: jaretac

cygrads

Jul 27, 2007
Altoona, IA
I thought I was at the cyclones.com website at first and then wasn't sure where I was. The site looks like a for profit site - I will get used to it.

guitarchitect7

Oct 8, 2006
www.chrisboeke.com
A couple things that have jumped out at met. The login info window, were it says welcome (username) and shows last login time, credits, etc. It appears rather large. In fact, it covers the thread directory that follows the "Here you are:".

Also, I do miss the "New Posts" function that was provided, but understand that with change you have to accept change and may that's just one of those changes...

I'll keep poking around and let you know of other things that stick out.

Rods79

Nov 27, 2006
Des Moines
Too much cardinal, not enough gold.

Sounds silly, but I think there is something to that.

Is the cardinal color the correct school pantone? :jimlad:

Really seems like you've done a nice job at keeping the hard stuff right based on the type of comments you are getting. The forum really hasn't changed at all.

tejasclone

Oct 20, 2006
Chicago, IL
Agree with these comments. The previous font was easier to read (or conversely, the new font is difficult to read (for me anyway).

I agree with my friends above. The dark blue font is a tad too harsh on the eyes. Please switch it back to black.

Is there any way we can update the countdown clock with more details about the game, such as start time and TV coverage, so we can avoid the 30 threads we have about TV coverage every week?

rd4isu

Apr 11, 2006
I liked the feature where thread titles would turn to non-bold font once all posts had been viewed. Doesn't seem to the case on the new site unless I'm missing something.

JY07

Aug 20, 2009
DSM
Is there anyway we can get some more ads per page? Right now I'm only seeing 8

I think if you were able to put on another 2 or 3 I'd have to scroll down an entire page to get to the actual forum content, opposed to only needing to scroll down half a page now. That would be ideal.

alarson

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 15, 2006
Ankeny
no kidding. right now in this thread i can only see the first post, and even then, i only see the quotes from the previous posts.

A bit much, if you ask me.

IcSyU

Nov 27, 2007
Rochester, MN
Missed the post above, but exactly has said - and shown.
This was my first thing. The box looks wayyyyyyyyyy outta place.
Is there anyway we can get some more ads per page? Right now I'm only seeing 8

I think if you were able to put on another 2 or 3 I'd have to scroll down an entire page to get to the actual forum content, opposed to only needing to scroll down half a page now. That would be ideal.
You can tell the site went for profit now. Holy ****.

Clones85'

Just Win Baby
Jan 31, 2007
Here are my thoughts.

Like the home page. Think it has a really nice look to it

But when I am in the forum's, I use to be able to just click on cyclonefantic.com in the top left corner and it would take me back out to the top 10 threads. Now it takes me to the home page. Can we get that changed back?

It was one of the biggest differences between this website and CR/HR

4429 mcc

Aug 29, 2007
Wall Street
Cycofan1 said:
I don't like it!!!! Change it back. PLEASE[/QUOTE]
MOD said:
Please read Chris' post. Constructive criticism is what we are after. Thanks.

Well the reply button doest work...Had to do the above myself.

And what if the majority agrees...there is too much going on here, the old site was simple, a message board that was easy to navigate. The fonts on the reply quotes are bad, fonts in general are bad.

Status
Not open for further replies.