Pollard an AD candidate at Nebby?

SCNCY

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Sep 11, 2009
La Fox, IL
Agree with this. And correct me if I’m wrong, but I don’t remember big name athletic departments ever floating the idea of stealing Bruce Van De Velde away from us.

EDIT: I had to look up his wikipedia page to make sure I spelled his name correctly. Holy ****, he definitley wrote this himself. Wow...

Holly crap, that reads like a resume. Usually, Wikipedia goes with earliest history at the top and newest at the bottom. A resume, you start with your most recent and end with your least recent.

• Agree
Reactions: cyclones500

Trice

Apr 1, 2010
I'm trying to decide if I'm annoyed that Nebraska dropped this news right as Big 12 media days are kicking off.

On one hand, media days are days-long events and the rest of the world doesn't stop for any of them. On the other hand, this morning in particular is when Bowlsby talks which is always one of the newsworthier parts of the entire event.

So I can't decide if this is just coincidence and no big deal or Nebraska being petty. Informed opinions on this are welcome.

intrepid27

Oct 9, 2006
Marion, IA
Well, that might bode well for Frosty. It may be tough for one Fusker Legend to fire another one. I am kind of hoping Frost sticks around for a while. The mediocrity in Lincoln is very entertaining. At least Nebraska fans don't have to listen to rumors about other programs going after their coach.

Reactions: isufbcurt

Mr Janny

Welcome to the Office of Secret Intelligence
Staff member
Bookie
SuperFanatic
Mar 27, 2006
An Alberts hire allows the fan base to continue to hang on to the delusion of their dominant past, which, while annoying, is supremely entertaining to watch, as they become more and more irrelevant. It's another opportunity for one of their heroes to see his/her legacy tarnished.

cyfanatic

Oct 18, 2006
Cedar Rapids, Iowa
Nebraska: doing everything possible to remain stuck in the 1990's since....the 1990's.

Maybe he'll cut football like he did at UNO.

While I am not a huge fan of Trev...at least he has done this job before. It isn't like they pulled in some former player who was selling insurance or whatever. Interesting hire though...seems like he has a HUGE ego...if he goes into that job thinking he will fix football with his ideas...worlds will collide (Frost v Alberts)!

DSMCy

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Feb 1, 2013
West Des Moines
While I am not a huge fan of Trev...at least he has done this job before. It isn't like they pulled in some former player who was selling insurance or whatever. Interesting hire though...seems like he has a HUGE ego...if he goes into that job thinking he will fix football with his ideas...worlds will collide (Frost v Alberts)!
I guess this is true. He's been at UNO though. How hard can that job really be?

I think what I find most funny about this, is a few weeks ago Ross and CW had Travis Justice call in to discuss this topic. Travis was adamant that Nebraska would not hire Trev and that Trev wouldn't even be interested in the job hahaha
Good work on being the eyes and ears over in Omaha there Travis

Reactions: keepngoal

HGoat1

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Sep 25, 2018
Denver, Colorado
Trev Alberts is a colossal d-bag. As if Nebraska wasn’t already easy to hate. Hope Fred gets out ASAP.

exCyDing

Nov 29, 2017
lol at "retiring" a guy early for 3 million to bring in a second tier state school AD who had no plans of ever leaving.

this isn't a smart move.

I wonder who all turned them down
Nebraska's 20+ years into a struggle-panic-make a poor decision loop. It's hilarious to note that the beginning of the loop was a five year period with only one Conference Title and a loss in the National Championship game to a historically loaded team.

The sooner the fanbase and powers-that-be realize the Devaney-Osborne tree is dead and it's time find someone to reinvent the program the better. Frost isn't the right guy to turn the football program around and adding another cook to the kitchen isn't going to change that. The question is, is Trev going to be able to make a good hire in December 2021 or 22 and give that coach the breathing room to run the program like someone in the 21st century?

CapnCy

Jul 6, 2010
Nebraska: doing everything possible to remain stuck in the 1990's since....the 1990's.

Maybe he'll cut football like he did at UNO.

I don't follow them closely, but a family member told me some thoughts that UNO was getting the lower tier/walk on talent that normally Nebraska wanted..again, HIGHLY doubt it'd be that obvious or directed, but an interesting take.

• Agree
Reactions: dafarmer

cyclones500

Jan 29, 2010
Michigan
basslakebeacon.com
Holly crap, that reads like a resume. Usually, Wikipedia goes with earliest history at the top and newest at the bottom. A resume, you start with your most recent and end with your least recent.

Yep, that is strewn with resume-ese.

“Van De Velde managed units that generated in excess of $35 million in annual revenues.” If that isn’t administrator-speak, I don’t know what is.

About all that’s missing is, “He is a self-starter with a people-oriented, forward-looking approach.”

pulse

Mar 24, 2006
What. The. ****.
lol Nebraska. You couldn’t find a more perfectly appropriate bigger tool to lead you. So really this makes total sense.

Reactions: HGoat1

dafarmer

Mar 17, 2012
SW Iowa
Go back and read what I said when Moos was fired, I predicted Alberts as the AD. He cut Wrestling and Football, and most people knew he did it to help NU get the athletes to Lincoln. ####, UNO is a better academic school than NU, Buffet has put his influence and money behind it and UNMC in Omaha.