Pollard an AD candidate at Nebby?

ILikeCy

Dec 16, 2008
Omaha
While I am not a huge fan of Trev...at least he has done this job before. It isn't like they pulled in some former player who was selling insurance or whatever. Interesting hire though...seems like he has a HUGE ego...if he goes into that job thinking he will fix football with his ideas...worlds will collide (Frost v Alberts)!
Trev Alberts is a colossal d-bag. As if Nebraska wasn’t already easy to hate. Hope Fred gets out ASAP.
What. The. ****.
lol Nebraska. You couldn’t find a more perfectly appropriate bigger tool to lead you. So really this makes total sense.

I'm going to contradict these opinions about Trev, and trust me, this isn't biased, because I despise the Huskers as much as anyone on this board. But I've personally met Trev on multiple occasions, including a 1-on-1 lunch, and he came across as a very down-to-earth nice guy without an overblown ego at all. Maybe he was a tool when he was a player (I have no idea), but I don't think he's like that anymore. Also, I don't think he's afraid to do the unpopular thing and fire a legend like Frost. I predict he gives Frost this one season, and if improvement isn't obvious, Frost is gone.

• Haha
  • Informative
Reactions: VeloClone and 06_CY

Cyclones_R_GR8

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Feb 10, 2007
Omaha
Nebraska's 20+ years into a struggle-panic-make a poor decision loop. It's hilarious to note that the beginning of the loop was a five year period with only one Conference Title and a loss in the National Championship game to a historically loaded team.

The sooner the fanbase and powers-that-be realize the Devaney-Osborne tree is dead and it's time find someone to reinvent the program the better. Frost isn't the right guy to turn the football program around and adding another cook to the kitchen isn't going to change that. The question is, is Trev going to be able to make a good hire in December 2021 or 22 and give that coach the breathing room to run the program like someone in the 21st century?
I say continue to let them rot. The fan base is much more tolerable now that they don't talk 24-7 about the awesomeness of the Huskers.

• Optimistic
Reactions: VeloClone

BigJCy

Apr 11, 2006
I'm kind of shocked at that one.
Yep, makes you wonder what is going on at Nebraska in the administration there. I get it everybody loves money and I'm sure Alberts is getting a nice raise to go to A&M but I don't think Trev was hurting for money even before he got into Athletic Administration. With it being his alma mater thought he might be more loyal but who knows what's going on behind the scenes there.

JP4CY

I'm Mike Jones
Staff member
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Dec 19, 2008
Testifying
Yep, makes you wonder what is going on at Nebraska in the administration there. I get it everybody loves money and I'm sure Alberts is getting a nice raise to go to A&M but I don't think Trev was hurting for money even before he got into Athletic Administration. With it being his alma mater thought he might be more loyal but who knows what's going on behind the scenes there.
I mean we can all take it for what it's worth but I remember Travis Justice saying years ago he personally knows Trev and that Trev was VERY happy at Omaha. He's a "smaller vibe" type of guy and doesn't want the big time gig.
Well Trev, you just stepped into the most delusional gig in college sports.

SCNCY

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Sep 11, 2009
La Fox, IL

I always wondered/thought that the donors at Nebraska tried to meddle in the AD's affairs too much, similar to what happens at Texas. That then causes dysfunction within the athletic department as other donors enter the kitchen trying to pull the AD in the direction they individually think is right.

• Winner
Reactions: nrg4isu

isu81

Mar 6, 2013
I always wondered/thought that the donors at Nebraska tried to meddle in the AD's affairs too much, similar to what happens at Texas. That then causes dysfunction within the athletic department as other donors enter the kitchen trying to pull the AD in the direction they individually think is right.
If this is part of it, I don't think Texas A&M is his answer.

TitanClone

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Dec 21, 2008
This happens everywhere. More so at some places surely but it's part of the job. I have a buddy who's FIL is a big enough donor at Auburn that he was part of round table that essentially gave the signoff to hire Bruce Pearl.

• Informative
Reactions: NWICY and aauummm

clone4sure

Sep 5, 2014
Trevs deal with Nebraska was cut years ago. he was hired as the AD at UNO and his first order of business was to eliminate the FB and Wrestling programs. He then became UNL AD and realized, like Scott Frost, how rabid the fan base and donors are. he will learn the Aggies are just as crazy.

BigJCy

Apr 11, 2006
Trevs deal with Nebraska was cut years ago. he was hired as the AD at UNO and his first order of business was to eliminate the FB and Wrestling programs. He then became UNL AD and realized, like Scott Frost, how rabid the fan base and donors are. he will learn the Aggies are just as crazy.
Yeah if you are trying to get away from a rabid fanbase/donors then College Station is not the place to go to.

JP4CY

I'm Mike Jones
Staff member
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Dec 19, 2008
Testifying
I think Aggies are worse than Huskers.

I've gotten the "living in the past" vibe with N but never the "cult" vibe.

nrg4isu

Dec 29, 2009
Springfield, Illinois
Best case theory:

A&M president interviewed him, asked him if he knew how to handle a delusional donor base and he had good answers. Trev wants to start over and feels like with his experience he can do a better job handling the situations the 2nd time around. Maybe his history with a delusional living-in-the-past donor base is actually a plus from the A&M side of things?

Worst case:

Everyone involved is still living in the past thinking that A&M and Nebby are relevant and that money will solve all of their problems.

cydsho

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 10, 2006
Omaha, NE
THIS. It's hard to find a more delusional, unreasonable fan base then Nebraska. But A&M may be one of them.
Yeah, this makes no sense.
The nebraska Univ system is bleeding money so I don't know if that is coming into play?

cydsho

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 10, 2006
Omaha, NE
No inside info at all, but I'm confident Pollard will retire here as long as the university will keep him.
I mean unless Pollard decides he wants to die quickly because I'm pretty sure being the AD at UNL would cause most peoples heart to explode.

• Funny
Reactions: NWICY

Latest posts

Help Support Us

Become a patron