Pollard an AD candidate at Nebby?

SolterraCyclone

Jul 26, 2021
aTm is one of those football programs I'm always surprised when I look up their on field history. No national titles in the last 80 years and no conference titles in the last 25 years. Their on field success is below schools like Tennessee and Auburn, which always surprises me because my perception is that they are at least comparable if not better.
Yep! I post on this routinely because the perception of Texas A&M absolutely does not align with reality.

Their last football national championship was in 1939 and their overall bowl record is 20-22. They won one Big 12 title in 16 years with the conference in 1998, which is their most recent conference title anywhere.

Fun fact, they have 17 NCAA titles across all sports in their history. Which is a whopping 2 FEWER than our beloved Iowa St Cyclones.

dafarmer

Mar 17, 2012
SW Iowa
You still have TO and his followers behind your back and a new chancellor being hired. Trev Albert’s is not loved by the donors in Omaha after he cut programs. Many feel he did this to help NU get more walk-ons.

NWICY

Sep 2, 2012
Best case theory:

A&M president interviewed him, asked him if he knew how to handle a delusional donor base and he had good answers. Trev wants to start over and feels like with his experience he can do a better job handling the situations the 2nd time around. Maybe his history with a delusional living-in-the-past donor base is actually a plus from the A&M side of things?

Worst case:

Everyone involved is still living in the past thinking that A&M and Nebby are relevant and that money will solve all of their problems.

I'll vote worst case

NWICY

Sep 2, 2012
Neither was Les Miles. But he took the KU job, banked like $10M and then proceeded to absolutely not try very hard at work.

Maybe Trev sees a huge paycheck and will similarly mail it in...

That would be funny

VeloClone

Jan 19, 2010
Brooklyn Park, MN
JP has plans to do plenty more at ISU...he's not going anywhere. And, if the 12-team CFP starts in 2023, that's at least another $22M a year for the AD to play/plan with...
Absolutely. He has been handed the keys to Cytown as well as running a up and coming athletic department. He isn't going anywhere while they are building his baby between Hilton and JTS.

dafarmer

Mar 17, 2012
SW Iowa
Omaha tv stations are in shock that they aren’t a destination for the best AD in the nation. 5 in the last 22(?) years.

• Haha
Reactions: NWICY