Pollard on Cyclone Club Level Changes

VeloClone

Jan 19, 2010
Brooklyn Park, MN
This will be an unpopular stance, but if Pollard and ISU want more money then simply put we need to win more; this is how you get the casual fan/sideline fan to donate (their logic will be win first, then donate not donate first then hope for wins). This past football season cost us serious money in my opinion - imagine the momentum and dollars had the football team executed on pre-season expectations (beat Iowa with GameDay present, Conf Title Game, NY6 bowl). And while basketball has had some nice improvement, Prohm did real damage to that program with the poor results and home losses. It will take awhile to get BB back to real magic happening regularly.
ISU hasn't had any winning stretches in the last three and a half decades? Because that is how long it has been since they changes the Cyclone Club donation levels.

danwbarrett

Mar 29, 2006
University City, MO
ISU hasn't had any winning stretches in the last three and a half decades? Because that is how long it has been since they changes the Cyclone Club donation levels.
I believe it was 10-15 years ago that the $1000 contribution level went to $1500. About 5 years ago, the contribution for MBB tickets in the parquet increased from a $1500 to $5000 minimum.

isufanz1

Apr 11, 2006
WDM
Not enough to really take them to the 'next' level. We have not even achieved KSU/Baylor success yet. The increases will obviously help the budget, but only winning will really allow the next step to be achieved.. Heck we have only won 9 games once in the last 20 yrs.

Reactions: Gunnerclone

VeloClone

Jan 19, 2010
Brooklyn Park, MN
Not enough to really take them to the 'next' level. We have not even achieved KSU/Baylor success yet. The increases will obviously help the budget, but only winning will really allow the next step to be achieved.. Heck we have only won 9 games once in the last 20 yrs.
ISU has had success on par or better than they had 35+ years ago. During that interim inflation has increase by over 150%. This increase doesn't even constitute a COLA adjustment.

Reactions: Mr.G.Spot

VeloClone

Jan 19, 2010
Brooklyn Park, MN
I believe it was 10-15 years ago that the $1000 contribution level went to $1500. About 5 years ago, the contribution for MBB tickets in the parquet increased from a $1500 to $5000 minimum.
If Gold did go from $1000 to $1500 it isn't changing again now because it says that level is $1500 in 2022. As far as MBB tickets in the parquet go, I could be wrong but I don't believe anyone could walk in the door and get parquet tickets with a donation for anything like $1500 even before 5 years ago. I believe that was just an attempt to move people who had been grandfathered in for decades at a low donation level while people who had been donating for years at a higher level couldn't get seats in line with their giving level.

alarson

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 15, 2006
Ankeny
If Gold did go from $1000 to $1500 it isn't changing again now because it says that level is $1500 in 2022. As far as MBB tickets in the parquet go, I could be wrong but I don't believe anyone could walk in the door and get parquet tickets with a donation for anything like $1500 even before 5 years ago. I believe that was just an attempt to move people who had been grandfathered in for decades at a low donation level while people who had been donating for years at a higher level couldn't get seats in line with their giving level.

They didn't change the overall donation levels, but they did somewhat do a de facto change when they changed some of the priority seating requirements some time during the hoiberg era.

I remember center balcony (which there were plenty of before hoiberg got here) jumped from $1k to $2k back then, I see its now $2.5k

isufanz1

Apr 11, 2006
WDM
ISU has had success on par or better than they had 35+ years ago. During that interim inflation has increase by over 150%. This increase doesn't even constitute a COLA adjustment.
You are missing the point. I am not arguing against the increased donation levels, I am stating that for a real increase in funds football (and to a lesser extent basketball) simply need to win more - and that last year was a real lost opportunity to have the 'statement' year to springboard from.

jsb

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 7, 2008
They didn't change the overall donation levels, but they did somewhat do a de facto change when they changed some of the priority seating requirements some time during the hoiberg era.

I remember center balcony (which there were plenty of before hoiberg got here) jumped from $1k to $2k back then, I see its now $2.5k

Yes, there was a re-seating of sorts a few years ago. My seats in 213 had been a $500 donation and that went up to $1000. From my understanding 213 will now by the $1500 donation.

Cycsk

Year-round tailgater
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Aug 17, 2009
yea, but they can keep that plastic campanile!!!

First, somebody gets a tumbler, now you get a replica campanile. How come I'm not getting any of that swag?

StPaulCyclone

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Oct 9, 2008
Duh!
I've seen some of this on this thread and elsewhere. Just out of curiosity and to potentially help the communication gap, how would people in your position like to be contacted to be asked to donate?
It’s a great question and how should ISU find you if you are not a AA member, AD donor or Foundation donor? if you are off ISU’s grid, what is the solution? Is that ISU’s fault?

StPaulCyclone

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Oct 9, 2008
Duh!
The other thing unmentioned in this thread is sports apathy. I would speculate 25% of grads/alumni do not care about ANY sports AT ALL. Like literally zero. Another 50% probably is lukewarm about a sport or two. Very few are big sports fans. None of those folks are giving a dime, they absolutely do not care. Some

We are swimming here on CF in a self-selecting group of passionate ISU sports fans. That's probably 10% of all grads/alumni. Maybe less.
Good point. We also learned that many passionate fans here at CF don’t financially contribute to the AD. We are basically down to a subset of Cyclones fans.