Principal Financial-Remote work

ClonerJams

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Sep 26, 2022
I always think of State Farm's celebrity commercials when I hear a story about them being stingy on claims or refusing to offer coverage.
For real. Apparently they're hurting with claims and they're paying these celebrities? Seems like they need a better CEO.

mramseyISU

Nov 8, 2006
Waterloo, IA
Managers discretion, I'm still 100% remote.
From what I understand it's a little higher up that that. They told us in tractor engineering we're all expected to be at PEC 4 days a week. If you moved but are still within 100 miles of a Deere Facility you're supposed to drive into that facility even if you don't have any other team members there. The people I know of that were able to keep their remote work arrangements required manager of managers approval to keep working remote.

BCClone

Well Seen Member.
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Sep 4, 2011
Not exactly sure.
From what I understand it's a little higher up that that. They told us in tractor engineering we're all expected to be at PEC 4 days a week. If you moved but are still within 100 miles of a Deere Facility you're supposed to drive into that facility even if you don't have any other team members there. The people I know of that were able to keep their remote work arrangements required manager of managers approval to keep working remote.
Hhhmmmmm…… ran into a JD employee (thinking enigineer but not positive) this weekend. Should have asked him if he was back in, he’s got a couple years left so he’d probably just go with the flow at this time.

wxman1

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jul 2, 2008
Cedar Rapids
So they expect you to drive up to 200 miles a day four days a week? F that. Would be like living in Ames and commuting to CR.

• Agree
Reactions: cowgirl836

mramseyISU

Nov 8, 2006
Waterloo, IA
So they expect you to drive up to 200 miles a day four days a week? F that. Would be like living in Ames and commuting to CR.
That's second hand info from somebody who had a 80 mile round trip commute and worked for corporate not tractor engineering. I haven't seen that number in an official communication that's been sent to me. There are a couple guys on my team who were hired during covid and have an 80ish mile commute one way and they have kept their mostly remote arrangement. They've been coming into the office one day a week and so far they've been sticking to that arrangement. What I've seen it's really been up to the manager of manager level what the expectations have been.

Reactions: wxman1

shadow

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 11, 2006
Central Iowa
I heard from a friend that their company is tracking peoples' in office attendance to ensure they are in the office enough days per week. Seems kind of creepy to me.

cowgirl836

Sep 3, 2009
I heard from a friend that their company is tracking peoples' in office attendance to ensure they are in the office enough days per week. Seems kind of creepy to me.

Spouses' does that. Lots of them using badge swipes or VPN logins for their count, Seems peak "when you can't measure what matters, make what you can measure, matter." to me.

wxman1

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jul 2, 2008
Cedar Rapids

Spouses' does that. Lots of them using badge swipes or VPN logins for their count, Seems peak "when you can't measure what matters, make what you can measure, matter." to me.
Yeah I would say this is nothing new though. Had a coworker fired at a former employer for logging time when his badge swipes indicated otherwise.

CycloneDaddy

Sep 24, 2006
Johnston
My place of employment is 3 days per week in office and managers get a report. Failure to comply is going to cost you money (merit and or bonus) and probably your job at some point.

• Wow
Reactions: shadow

cyclonez7

Apr 11, 2006
Ankeny
New company wide survey is out at PFG and they removed the ability to see other people's answers. I wonder why

Cyched

CF Influencer
May 8, 2009
Denver, CO
where-can-i-apply-v0-g9pxxfo6oruc1.png

• Wow
Reactions: cowgirl836 and MJ29

cowgirl836

Sep 3, 2009

Wow. I get that linkedin is largely a mess but if this is a legit CEO of a non-MLM - I'd run. The whole point of a cult is that NO ONE questions the leader. That is quite obviously not what you want in a well-functioning organization.

Cyched

CF Influencer
May 8, 2009
Denver, CO
Wow. I get that linkedin is largely a mess but if this is a legit CEO of a non-MLM - I'd run. The whole point of a cult is that NO ONE questions the leader. That is quite obviously not what you want in a well-functioning organization.

Found that on the LinkedIn Lunatics Reddit page. A lot of good stuff on there whenever you need a laugh

Mr Janny

Welcome to the Office of Secret Intelligence
Staff member
Bookie
SuperFanatic
Mar 27, 2006
I remember I had a job once, at a small company, with about 25 employees. The owner was really, really cheap. For example, he'd go through the trash and find a used felt tipped pen that someone had thrown away, pull it out, and then leave a note on the break room table, announcing that even though it was getting faded, the pen still wrote, and we shouldn't throw it out. Or if things were slow, he'd send you out to his personal residence to clean his garage or haul tree trimmings.

Anyway, the second in command was his son in law, and he was actually a pretty good dude, but he ended up defending a lot of the BS from the owner

One time, he was talking to us in a company meeting, and in a discussion about efficiency, he mentioned how the owner had recently visited the business of a friend of his, and remarked at how his employees were so hard working.
"They didn't take any breaks. They worked right up to the bell. They even held their bathroom breaks until lunchtime. Honestly, it bordered on slave labor, but Bob (the owner) just loved it!"

One of the employees was like "Uhh, isn't it a bad thing, that he likes slave labor?"
And the second in command got all flustered and changed the subject.

pfgemployee

Mar 20, 2009
New company wide survey is out at PFG and they removed the ability to see other people's answers. I wonder why
Don't they normally only show those at the end? What I don't like is that only a small percentage at the company are impacted by RTO, so of course a large percentage are happy with their WFH arrangements.

cowgirl836

Sep 3, 2009
Don't they normally only show those at the end? What I don't like is that only a small percentage at the company are impacted by RTO, so of course a large percentage are happy with their WFH arrangements.

I've personally never heard of an engagement survey where you can see anything about responses before the end. It would be really bad practice because it will bias responses - same concept as showing election results as they come in through the day.

Reactions: MJ29

Help Support Us

Become a patron