Professor wants to meet me personally...

C

CyBer

Life Lesson from old(er) person: email, while convenient, is not always reliable. If this matter is important to you, I'd suggest a phone call or office visit.

Depending on how he contacted him the first time, I would say that e-mail is alright.

jbhtexas

Oct 20, 2006
Arlington, TX
Depending on how he contacted him the first time, I would say that e-mail is alright.

If for some reason his email didn't go through, then it isn't alright.

Second Life Lesson from old(er) person: Don't assume that you will get a bounce-back message if your email doesn't go through.

C

CyBer

If for some reason his email didn't go through, then it isn't alright.

Second Life Lesson from old(er) person: Don't assume that you will get a bounce-back message if your email doesn't go through.

Most professors list their e-mail as their only contact (besides office hours) and most of the time I have class during their office hours. Therefore I would say e-mail is the only option in some/most cases.

However, he probably should re-send the email to make sure that he received it.

ISUAgronomist

Nov 5, 2009
On the farm, IA
C

CyBer

So. When email response doesn't work then calling their office is perfectly acceptable.

Wasn't the e-mail over the weekend? I would say wait today, and if he doesn't get back then call.

But then again, I'm not in this situation so I don't really care what he decides to do. I just want to know the outcome because I'm nosey.

KneeGusto

May 13, 2006
S̶q̶u̶a̶w̶ Ioway Creek
This looks more like an assassination scenario. The professor wants you to off his wife or lover - and you are now thrust into the triangle.

If you don't respond or disappear for a while, we understand - we've all been there,

Best of luck

cyclone13

Apr 7, 2009
The business etiquette is usually 2 business days after getting e-mails or phone calls for non-urgent. But since this is urgent, 24 hours should be acceptable. You might want to call or e-mail him with a follow up today and explain to him that you'll be happy to discuss his questions. He also has the responsibility to treat you respectfully since he initiated this situation.