Professor wants to meet me personally...

State43

Nov 22, 2010
Omaha, NE
This thread equals
boing.gif

aeroclone

Oct 30, 2006
Somebody call Bobcats, because this thread is in terrible need of some good news!

CycloneErik

Jan 31, 2008
Jamerica
rememberingdoria.wordpress.com
Yeah windmilling is a term that Erik, I believe, came up with. It was in the thread he started awhile back. It was a thread of random nonsense so he could gain credits as the OP. After the game, he coined the term "windmill" to mean fail.

It's my tribute to Jeremy Lamb. I thought that his dunk at the end of our tourney game exemplified failure enough to name it after the windmill.

For the OP: Last thing you really want a prof to say is "I can't understand what you're trying to say." He's apparently open to showing mercy if you can explain yourself, but you're also set up to hear "Then why didn't you write it like that?"

C

CyBer

It's my tribute to Jeremy Lamb. I thought that his dunk at the end of our tourney game exemplified failure enough to name it after the windmill.

For the OP: Last thing you really want a prof to say is "I can't understand what you're trying to say." He's apparently open to showing mercy if you can explain yourself, but you're also set up to hear "Then why didn't you write it like that?"

I have a feeling he will be just fine, there is a reason the professor called him in to discuss the paper further. If he can explain himself he will probably get a good grade on it.

Cyclonestate78

May 23, 2008

For an epic fail of a rather harsh or unfair nature we have this....

The Bo-mill....

d21FX.gif

LindenCy

Kevin Dresser Fan Club
Staff member
Mar 19, 2006
Chicago, IL
I can attest that WindmillErik is not CycloneErik...it is however a duplicate to be banned shortly. :smile:

MLawrence

Jan 21, 2010
LindenCy said:
I can attest that WindmillErik is not CycloneErik...it is however a duplicate to be banned shortly. :smile:

Will somebody please think of the windmills!

Reactions: kkise

longtimeclone

Dec 8, 2009
Up north
Did Edison give up after his first light bulb failed? We must keep trying, we owe it to our brethren on CF.

Yeah:

Winston Churchill failed sixth grade. He was subsequently defeated in every election for public office until he became Prime Minister at the age of 62. He later wrote, "Never give in, never give in, never, never, never, never - in nothing, great or small, large or petty - never give in except to convictions of honor and good sense. Never, Never, Never, Never give up."

Sigmund Freud was booed from the podium when he first presented his ideas to the scientific community of Europe. He returned to his office and kept on writing.

Charles Darwin gave up a medical career and was told by his father, "You care for nothing but shooting, dogs and rat catching." In his a****iography, Darwin wrote, "I was considered by all my masters and my father, a very ordinary boy, rather below the common standard of intellect." Clearly, he evolved.

Was it over when the Germans bombed Pearl Harbor?

Reactions: Cycl1

ianoconnor

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Nov 11, 2007
Johnston
Yeah:

Winston Churchill failed sixth grade. He was subsequently defeated in every election for public office until he became Prime Minister at the age of 62. He later wrote, "Never give in, never give in, never, never, never, never - in nothing, great or small, large or petty - never give in except to convictions of honor and good sense. Never, Never, Never, Never give up."

Sigmund Freud was booed from the podium when he first presented his ideas to the scientific community of Europe. He returned to his office and kept on writing.

Charles Darwin gave up a medical career and was told by his father, "You care for nothing but shooting, dogs and rat catching." In his a****iography, Darwin wrote, "I was considered by all my masters and my father, a very ordinary boy, rather below the common standard of intellect." Clearly, he evolved.

:eek::wideeyed:

00clone

Apr 12, 2011
Iowa City area
Yeah:

The Rocket Chemical company failed 39 times to create a Water Displacement formula before inventing WD-40.

Latest posts

Help Support Us

Become a patron