Professor wants to meet me personally...

Doc

This is it Morty
Aug 6, 2006
Denver
Yeah:

Winston Churchill failed sixth grade. He was subsequently defeated in every election for public office until he became Prime Minister at the age of 62. He later wrote, "Never give in, never give in, never, never, never, never - in nothing, great or small, large or petty - never give in except to convictions of honor and good sense. Never, Never, Never, Never give up."

Sigmund Freud was booed from the podium when he first presented his ideas to the scientific community of Europe. He returned to his office and kept on writing.

Charles Darwin gave up a medical career and was told by his father, "You care for nothing but shooting, dogs and rat catching." In his a****iography, Darwin wrote, "I was considered by all my masters and my father, a very ordinary boy, rather below the common standard of intellect." Clearly, he evolved.

Was it over when the Germans bombed Pearl Harbor?

You forgot the inspirational story of the person who failed kindergarten only to become one of the more notable posters on Cyclonefanatic.com! :jimlad:

ISUCyclones2015

Doesn't wipe standing up
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Dec 19, 2010
Chicago, IL
Has the meeting taken place yet?

Why yes it has.

SHOCKING CONCLUSION:

He brought me into his office and told me I had an excellent paper and was asking me about my reasoning because 99% of people don't take it the way I did. And his TA was confused on it, that's why he brought me in. He was very interested, took notes, and even asked me if he could show his colleagues and discuss with them my viewpoint on the subject. Also, asked if I wouldn't mind discussing it with them over email over the summer.

He then proceeded to try to persuade me to become a Philosophy major stating I would be excellent at it. I politely declined.

Got 100% on the paper and he gave me 10% extra for asking me to come in.

everything_went_better_than_expected.jpg

Reactions: KezClone and isufan

Cy$

Sep 1, 2011
Ames
You forgot the inspirational story of the person who failed kindergarten only to become one of the more notable posters on Cyclonefanatic.com! :jimlad:

it's not ellen's fault, he's a hawkeye! :jimlad:

ianoconnor

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Nov 11, 2007
Johnston
Why yes it has.

SHOCKING CONCLUSION:

He brought me into his office and told me I had an excellent paper and was asking me about my reasoning because 99% of people don't take it the way I did. And his TA was confused on it, that's why he brought me in. He was very interested, took notes, and even asked me if he could show his colleagues and discuss with them my viewpoint on the subject. Also, asked if I wouldn't mind discussing it with them over email over the summer.

He then proceeded to try to persuade me to become a Philosophy major stating I would be excellent at it. I politely declined.

Well done, sir.

Cycl1

Mar 14, 2012
North Liberty
Why yes it has.

SHOCKING CONCLUSION:

I would rather you had lied to us and told us it was about sex.

jaretac

Nov 26, 2006
Frigidaire

Or the one about a guy that windmilled his paper and the story of it turned into a massive thread on CF.

intrepid27

Oct 9, 2006
Marion, IA
Did he have any employment figures on Philosophy majors?

After all they do have to compete will all those Political Science grads for a limited number of spots at the Gap and Old Navy.

Stay employable my friend.

Reactions: WhatchaGonnaDo
K

KFitzy87

Well it wasn't the drama we all hoped for... But it was a happy ending! Congrats 2015!

jaretac

Nov 26, 2006
Frigidaire
Why yes it has.

SHOCKING CONCLUSION:

I'm not sure if I believe this story. A little too neatly tied up. I think we have all been trolled.

:jimlad:

ISUCyclones2015

Doesn't wipe standing up
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Dec 19, 2010
Chicago, IL
I was shocked as well. I was actually almost mad that he dragged this out and it wasn't something bad because all the emails pointed to something unsavory.

Latest posts

Help Support Us

Become a patron