Random Thoughts X (The 9th Regeneration)

Status
Not open for further replies.

cowgirl836

Sep 3, 2009
Today, my oldest son was Sam Huff. 7 year old with a history of asthma attacks and allergic to bee stings, wasps, fire ants, milk, peanuts, and latex. Well, Sam was stung by a bee and we did not have an epi pen handy, so we had to take him to the emergency room for the allergic reaction since he had difficulty breathing.

This was for my wife's clinical group to practice. My son practiced being Sam Huff all week. When we got there, they put a fake bee sting on his leg and blue makeup around his lips and fingers, connected an IV line, and put an oxygen mask on him. Just to break character, I also had toddler GTO with me today and he took a big old dump right as we got there, so I had to change his diaper. First nursing student who walked in, got a head-on view of toddler GTO's bare butt and business, since he was holding his feet high up in the air while I changed him.

It only got better from there on out. Toddler GTO had not had a nap today, so he was a handful. Finally put some Peppa Pig on the phone for him to watch and that seem to calm him down. However, one thing Mrs GTO forgot to mention was that I also needed to learn the script for Sam's parent. Therefore, I had to turn off Peppa Pig so that I could read the script while they asked me about Sam Huff's medical history and what medications he was taking. Toddler GTO was NOT happy. Two and a half hours later, it was finally over.

Wife owes me BIG time.

not even 2 years old and toddler GTO mooning the ladies. He's going to be impossible to control in 15 years.

00clone

Apr 12, 2011
Iowa City area
Hi, RTT crew....been on vacation this week, so kinda bored and thought I'd stop in and say hi. I *think* the last thing I posted was about our house flooding, a quick rundown of what's been up with the 00clone family. After the flood in August, lost an aunt in December, my grandma in February, found out a couple weeks ago that der hund probably has a few months to live...broke a toe somewhere in there, looks like the house thing is going to take an expensive and drawn out lawsuit, and we recently found out some friends that we thought we were pretty close with might not be that close after all...so overall, if I'm looking for things to be pessimistic about, they're certainly here, but I also still have plenty to be thankful for, and blessed with better health, resources, and opportunities than a majority of the human beings that have ever lived or are currently living. Been helping with RCIA class at church for folks wanting to join, and still have plenty to keep working on, but still working on it.

Not sure why I felt the need to come share this, other than like I said, just kind of got bored being on vacation, I stop in maybe once a month or so and read the latest page, but as you know, sometimes that's just random ramblings, so I'm sure I've missed a ton. I will say, though, that if I could give all of you a hug, I would. I hope you are all well, or at least 'hanging in there' like we are. I might check in again tomorrow if I'm still logged in, otherwise wxman still knows how to get ahold of me. I've deleted this thing 3 times to not make it even longer, so I better quit before I have to do it again. Take care...

cowgirl836

Sep 3, 2009
yikes, sorry to hear about the things going poorly right now. Hopefully a spate of good luck is in store.

GTO

Mar 25, 2014
North DFW, TX
Hi, RTT crew....been on vacation this week, so kinda bored and thought I'd stop in and say hi. I *think* the last thing I posted was about our house flooding, a quick rundown of what's been up with the 00clone family. After the flood in August, lost an aunt in December, my grandma in February, found out a couple weeks ago that der hund probably has a few months to live...broke a toe somewhere in there, looks like the house thing is going to take an expensive and drawn out lawsuit, and we recently found out some friends that we thought we were pretty close with might not be that close after all...so overall, if I'm looking for things to be pessimistic about, they're certainly here, but I also still have plenty to be thankful for, and blessed with better health, resources, and opportunities than a majority of the human beings that have ever lived or are currently living. Been helping with RCIA class at church for folks wanting to join, and still have plenty to keep working on, but still working on it.

Not sure why I felt the need to come share this, other than like I said, just kind of got bored being on vacation, I stop in maybe once a month or so and read the latest page, but as you know, sometimes that's just random ramblings, so I'm sure I've missed a ton. I will say, though, that if I could give all of you a hug, I would. I hope you are all well, or at least 'hanging in there' like we are. I might check in again tomorrow if I'm still logged in, otherwise wxman still knows how to get ahold of me. I've deleted this thing 3 times to not make it even longer, so I better quit before I have to do it again. Take care...
Damn, 00clone. A few of us were just saying a couple of days ago how we missed you here. Sorry to hear about everything that has been going on, but it seems you have the right attitude to help you through. Miss you on the BBall threads as well (Hoks have been insufferable lately). Hope things get better soon for you and your family!

00clone

Apr 12, 2011
Iowa City area
yikes, sorry to hear about the things going poorly right now. Hopefully a spate of good luck is in store.

Thanks...that's kind of what got deleted out, because it's hard to say without a very, very long (and maybe weird) explanation...the plenty to be thankful for section intended to make that point, but was once longer. I'm not even wishing for good luck or better luck right now. We lost a lot of stuff in the flood, but it was stuff. I lost an aunt and grandmother, but the aunt prepared me for my grandma, and both (I think) will prepare the boys for der hund when he apparently might go (he's seriously almost back to normal energy wise since we've been back from vacation today, so IDK what to think at this point).

I had been praying for help in changing the things I want to change, but not seeing much help, so I began to pray for God to help me change in whatever way God wanted....and (unfortunately?) I almost immediately could barely care less for sports. Like...I didn't watch a single big 12 tournament game, and didn't regret it at all. I think I watched a little of the NCAA's, but only because I was with people who wanted to watch. If it weren't for that, I wouldn't have. I can't say I'd wish for any of this stuff to happen to a person, but I also realize if it wouldn't have happened, it would have never led to anything else.

isulive2train

Feb 24, 2009
Ciclón Nación

To us...you never checked out.

Status
Not open for further replies.