Random Thoughts X (The 9th Regeneration)

Status
Not open for further replies.

jcyclonee

Apr 12, 2006
Minneapolis
Hi, RTT crew....been on vacation this week, so kinda bored and thought I'd stop in and say hi. I *think* the last thing I posted was about our house flooding, a quick rundown of what's been up with the 00clone family. After the flood in August, lost an aunt in December, my grandma in February, found out a couple weeks ago that der hund probably has a few months to live...broke a toe somewhere in there, looks like the house thing is going to take an expensive and drawn out lawsuit, and we recently found out some friends that we thought we were pretty close with might not be that close after all...so overall, if I'm looking for things to be pessimistic about, they're certainly here, but I also still have plenty to be thankful for, and blessed with better health, resources, and opportunities than a majority of the human beings that have ever lived or are currently living. Been helping with RCIA class at church for folks wanting to join, and still have plenty to keep working on, but still working on it.

Not sure why I felt the need to come share this, other than like I said, just kind of got bored being on vacation, I stop in maybe once a month or so and read the latest page, but as you know, sometimes that's just random ramblings, so I'm sure I've missed a ton. I will say, though, that if I could give all of you a hug, I would. I hope you are all well, or at least 'hanging in there' like we are. I might check in again tomorrow if I'm still logged in, otherwise wxman still knows how to get ahold of me. I've deleted this thing 3 times to not make it even longer, so I better quit before I have to do it again. Take care...
First - Good to hear from you. Second - Glad you're keeping your head up through all this. It will pass. Our thoughts and prayers are with you. Third - I, too, recently broke a toe, through the manly pursuit of wrestling a bear (I should be safe that you won't find out the real reason).

cowgirl836

Sep 3, 2009
First - Good to hear from you. Second - Glad you're keeping your head up through all this. It will pass. Our thoughts and prayers are with you. Third - I, too, recently broke a toe, through the manly pursuit of wrestling a bear (I should be safe that you won't find out the real reason).

I read this as "manly pursuit of wrestling a beer"

jcyclonee

Apr 12, 2006
Minneapolis
When we found out I sped up to catch them but heavy traffic. Plus it appeared his 17/18 yo buddies didn't want an old man running them down and I didn't want a ticket. Yo, @jcyclonee if you see a blond mid hanging out of a Tahoe on the way to state basketball, don't hit him, he's a good kid, just strange.

This Simbley school is nice. No Jennifer Anniston yet.
Simley is a decent school but would be better with more Aniston. I didn't see a blond kid hanging out of a Tahoe on the way to state.

At the game, myself and a bunch of neighbors and the younger kids were all sitting in the upper deck. The teenage girl was near the floor in the student section. During the game, I received a text, "I can see you making the travel signal from all the way down here." I may have been a little excited. Team lost but, oh well, it was a pretty exciting game and a fun run.

ImJustKCClone

Ancient Argumentative and Accidental Assassin Ape
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jun 18, 2013
traipsing thru the treetops
No dismemberment, but this gem:
“No one loved her, and she loved no one; no one treated her kindly, or cared whether she were so. She was eight years old, and all alone in the world.”
The fact that this a a milder quote from what you're reading and writing convinces me that I would find it very difficult to read your dissertation. Knowing that it happened is bad enough. Sometimes I wonder how you do it.

• Agree
Reactions: cowgirl836

CycloneErik

Jan 31, 2008
Jamerica
rememberingdoria.wordpress.com
The fact that this a a milder quote from what you're reading and writing convinces me that I would find it very difficult to read your dissertation. Knowing that it happened is bad enough. Sometimes I wonder how you do it.

It's OK. A lamplighter takes pity on her and gives her a kitten as a token of Christ's love for her.
Unfortunately, the girl's landlady, who really despises her and resents having the girl there, catches the cat and boils it to death in a big vat of boiling water, so it gets better.

NWICY

Sep 2, 2012
00 hope things smooth out for you soon. Rulzzz, good luck with your aunt and grandma's health issues.
Two good days at work this weekend Sat. was busy but efficient and today was easy and done by noon.

wxman1

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jul 2, 2008
Cedar Rapids
Great to see 00 stop by. I am going to smoke ribs on Saturday so I should probably pick his brain. Other random thoughts.

At the Big 12 Tourney KC mentioned (rightfully so) that I out kicked my coverage with MrsWx. I agree and that is great but at the same time didn't she just put me down. ;) Especially with the LuLuRoe dress she is wearing today....

ImJustKCClone

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jun 18, 2013
It's OK. A lamplighter takes pity on her and gives her a kitten as a token of Christ's love for her.
Unfortunately, the girl's landlady, who really despises her and resents having the girl there, catches the cat and boils it to death in a big vat of boiling water, so it gets better.
Either you've discussed her story before, or I heard this story somewhere else.

ImJustKCClone

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jun 18, 2013
Great to see 00 stop by. I am going to smoke ribs on Saturday so I should probably pick his brain. Other random thoughts.

At the Big 12 Tourney KC mentioned (rightfully so) that I out kicked my coverage with MrsWx. I agree and that is great but at the same time didn't she just put me down. ;) Especially with the LuLuRoe dress she is wearing today....
I feel perfectly confident in establishing the fact that in my current configuration, I am NOBODY's fantasy mate. I'm okay with that, because PapaLew loves me the way I was, the way I am now, and the way I will be. I'm a lucky woman...and you're a lucky man, Wx. It wasn't meant to be a put down, but a comment that you have a very pretty wife, and an adorable son. :)

Reactions: wxman1

cowgirl836

Sep 3, 2009
wxman, those pics of little wxman getting ready for the weekend with his little backpack on was adorbz.

• Agree
Reactions: SaraV

CycloneErik

Jan 31, 2008
Jamerica
rememberingdoria.wordpress.com
Either you've discussed her story before, or I heard this story somewhere else.

I've probably brought it up before.

I first found this in Spring 2012. I had just told my classes that I was ready to drop my topic and move on to the history of cute, cuddly little kitty cats. Then I ran into this and the boiled kitten, and decided that happy stories weren't in my future.

• Agree
Reactions: ImJustKCClone
Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Help Support Us

Become a patron