Random Thoughts X (The 9th Regeneration)

Status
Not open for further replies.

wxman1

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jul 2, 2008
Cedar Rapids
I can't wait for driverless cars cause then I could nap all the time and take roadtrips more. Cause we could just drive overnight and skip hotels.

This would 100% be what I would do. Especially back when we were in Wichtia...driving 7.5 hours after work on a Friday to CR and back again on Sunday would have been perfect for it. Probably would not have even slept but watched movies or something.

Cyclones_R_GR8

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Feb 10, 2007
Omaha
I imagine they and industries like hotels may be less than big fans of the idea. If time isn't a big issue, I'd rather go in a car and stop when I want and lay my seat allllllllllll the way back than take a plane.
I would much rather drive than fly anymore.

It's about an 18 hour drive from Omaha to Blacksburg. I drove it straight through in 17.5 hours one time. Once I get into long distance driving mode I can drive a long way.
Usually when I drive out there I go 12 hours the first day which gets me to Lexington Ky. Then its a leisurely 5.5 - 6 hour drive from there the next day. If I can get on the road early I can have lunch with Mom. That usually doesn't happen because once I get to Lexington I might as well hit up a bar.

Reactions: jcyclonee

BoxsterCy

Staff member
Sep 14, 2009
Minnesota
If I understand your context, I fully support replacing women drivers with computers, too.

108882d1437349147t-allstate-silence1-.jpg

BoxsterCy

Staff member
Sep 14, 2009
Minnesota
And typing dyslexia strikes again. Fed tax return rejected cause birthday does not match govt record. Yup, transposed numbers when typing in info. Would have been fine if they used the day/month/year format the rest of the world uses. :rolleyes:

SaraV

Staff member
Mar 13, 2012
Worried now that if Cowgirl hits that "remove duplicates" button that she might accidentally remove the original Carver and Sara. Not liking the idea of having a Stepford Carver and Stepford Sara replace them in RTT.

Fish knifes, then GTO's murder house and now this! :eek:

giphy.gif

Reactions: BCClone

Cybirdy

Sep 10, 2009
Ames
Not sure how many here played pick up basketball, but I see The Plex here in Ames is open for basketball 6-7am M-F. It has a really nice gym, daughter has volleyball practice there sometimes. The Plex is a church/worship center/gym/community facility right across from the country club.

CycloneRulzzz

Gameday Guru
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jul 13, 2008
Nevada, IA
Aunt update - Along with opening her eyes yesterday she was able to move her limbs and was able to recognize family when they were in the room. As of last night she was still on a ventilator and a breathing tube. Today the doctor was encouraged by her progress and the ventilator and breathing tube came out today.

CycloneRulzzz

Gameday Guru
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jul 13, 2008
Nevada, IA
Rulzzz injury update - My issues with my right foot went away toward the end of last week. However this weekend my right knee began hurting and got bad enough I had to get into the doctor today. Took a couple of x-rays which didn't reveal anything serious. So starting on an inflamatory medicine. Along with my right knee issues I also have a ankle sprain on my left foot which has happened several times in the past. I'm falling apart.

stormchaser2014

Mar 12, 2012
Wisconsin
This legging thing with United is getting crazy, imo. Some airline says I can fly for free but makes me wear a suit, I'd even let them pick out the tie I wear.

It's a United Airlines Buddy Pass, which means it's an employee ticket, but they can pass it along to someone else. When you fly under one of these, you're representing the airline so they establish a dress code.

• Informative
Reactions: NWICY

ImJustKCClone

Ancient Argumentative and Accidental Assassin Ape
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jun 18, 2013
traipsing thru the treetops
Aunt update - Along with opening her eyes yesterday she was able to move her limbs and was able to recognize family when they were in the room. As of last night she was still on a ventilator and a breathing tube. Today the doctor was encouraged by her progress and the ventilator and breathing tube came out today.
Breathing without intubation is a HUGE step forward. Yay for Aunt Rulzzz!

ImJustKCClone

Ancient Argumentative and Accidental Assassin Ape
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jun 18, 2013
traipsing thru the treetops
Rulzzz injury update - My issues with my right foot went away toward the end of last week. However this weekend my right knee began hurting and got bad enough I had to get into the doctor today. Took a couple of x-rays which didn't reveal anything serious. So starting on an inflamatory medicine. Along with my right knee issues I also have a ankle sprain on my left foot which has happened several times in the past. I'm falling apart.
Welcome to my world?

Status
Not open for further replies.