Read this article from the sporting news.

CloneIce

Apr 11, 2006
Are you a researcher at ISU? Cause seriously, it sounds like you did your homework here with this study.

1) Find friends who know NOTHING of ISU basketball and aren't from the area...check!
2) Give them your "unbiased" opinion of the situation...check!
3) They agree with your "unbiased opinion based on your presentation of "facts"...check!

I've read and re-read your study and I honestly don't know how you could have been any more tedious or scientific in your research :no:

What he says is true though. You can't argue with that, it is true.

marothisu

Jun 15, 2009
NYC
What he says is true though. You can't argue with that, it is true.

Yep. If you tell any common person "hey we had a coach who took us to 2 postseasons in 3 years and never had a losing record. We fired him though and hired a coach who's never taken us to the postseason and never had a winning record and fans think the losing guy is a better coach."

People are going to say "wtf is wrong with you guys?" and I'm so confident in that I'd be willing to bet thousands of dollars on it.

Let me also point out my co worker watched the game last night and said "you guys have talent, but don't really play as a team. You need to pass the ball around more instead of your guys taking weird shots."

Last edited:
Reactions: CyGuy33

TedKumsher

Aug 30, 2007
Ames
$4.65M...start the collection plate around I guess becasue that will be the only way it will happen soon.
Everyone has to understand -- this will almost ALWAYS be true if you want to fire someone because they're not winning. You CAN'T have any type of lame duck coach. No extension means NO RECRUITS. A coach who isn't winning isn't likely to leave for another job and void the buyout (note the big exception -- Chizik).

Can't believe Hawkins is still the coach at Colorado.

Latest posts

Help Support Us

Become a patron