RECRUITING: Iowa State earns first 2025 commitment from Top 150 Ann Arbor PG Macari Moore

Connor_Ferguson

Staff member
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jan 9, 2019
"They’ve been playing real good basketball. I’m just happy that I’m soon to be a part of it and envision myself in an Iowa State uniform.”

I caught up with Macari Moore (@Mac2121_) on why he made the choice to commit to be a Cyclone.

ForbinsAscynt

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Dec 8, 2014
Out of Ann Arbor? Gotta love that. Won’t be the first one we steal from right under UMs nose

Reactions: BWRhasnoAC

Cyforce

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Nov 24, 2009
Des Moines
Awesome news! Welcome! Love his size for a PG.

Here he is hitting a buzzer beater:

If Pierce is also a PG they both having good size leads to the thought they can play together.

Current guard options after Lipsey departs.
Pierce 6-5
Moore 6-3
Indrusaitis 6-5
Hamilton 6-6

Still room for Batemon and another big guard.

MJ271

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Aug 9, 2012
Atkins
If Pierce is also a PG they both having good size leads to the thought they can play together.

Current guard options after Lipsey departs.
Pierce 6-5
Moore 6-3
Indrusaitis 6-5
Hamilton 6-6

Still room for Batemon and another big guard.
With the ball handling limitations of the previous two seasons and the success of multiple point guards this year, I think Otz will stick with trying to have a couple of guys on the court almost all the time who can play a capable PG. And as you said, Pierce + Moore should fit that mold very well.

Multiple PGs obviously helps with overall playmaking and makes the offense more dynamic, but I think the defensive intensity also makes it more necessary to keep a player from wearing himself out by having to be both the point-of-attack defender and carry a large load offensively.

Reactions: Cyclonepride

Aclone

Dec 14, 2007
Des Moines, Ia.
Just out of curiosity, are we sure Tamin will stick around for his senior year?

I mean, who saw Tyrese going pro early after his year one?

Devil’s advocate question, kinda.

• Haha
Reactions: IASTATE07