RECRUITING: Iowa State earns first 2025 commitment from Top 150 Ann Arbor PG Macari Moore

xboxfever

Nov 4, 2008
Are we still in on Stinson's son?
Based on what I saw when he played in the championship game, he was a mid major caliber player at best. Still only a junior in high school and plenty of room to grow, but unless he takes a significant leap in ability over the summer, he’ll be attending a mid major in college at least to start.

JVAR

Mar 27, 2006
Eagle Grove, IA
Are we still in on Stinson's son?
A guy that I grew up with is an assistant coach in the CIML. He ended up sitting by me at the BYU game. I asked him what he thought about Stinson. He said he was a great kid and a good basketball player, but probably mid major. Very athletic but not a very good shooter according to him.

• Informative
Reactions: BigCyFan

Cyforce

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Nov 24, 2009
Des Moines
A guy that I grew up with is an assistant coach in the CIML. He ended up sitting by me at the BYU game. I asked him what he thought about Stinson. He said he was a great kid and a good basketball player, but probably mid major. Very athletic but not a very good shooter according to him.
Dad wasn't a good shooter either.

Reactions: CyberJJJ and JVAR

CycloneVet

Jul 17, 2011
Cedar Falls
Long, strong, tough guard known as a good on ball defender. Has perfect fit written all over him. Especially if paired with Batemon who's more pure scorer. The bulldog type guards are just going to be a staple of this style of play which is perfect.

Hopefully he has massive crater on his shoulder for not being rated higher

WISCY1895

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Nov 25, 2009
Stinson hasn’t added a single offer since June of 2023. That means he went though an entire basketball season without adding a single college basketball offer. Move on folks.

Cyclonepride

Thought Police
Staff member
Apr 11, 2006
A pineapple under the sea
www.oldschoolradical.com
Just out of curiosity, are we sure Tamin will stick around for his senior year?

I mean, who saw Tyrese going pro early after his year one?

Devil’s advocate question, kinda.
If Tamin was 6’5 with long arms, he’d be going this year. Since he’s not, he’d have to be absolutely amazing next year to get the call

Cyforce

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Nov 24, 2009
Des Moines
Is Jamarion Batemon still a priority? Figured he would be the first commitment in the '25 class.
I have no inside info. But he should be. Perfect combo guard to come in after Gilbert and Jones.
PG Lipsey 6-1 sr.
PG Moore 6-3 fr.
PG Pierce 6-5 so.
CG Batemon 6-3 fr.
SG Indrusaitis 6-4 so.
Wing Hamilton 6-6 rso.
I don't remember the 2025 SF we're prioritizing.

BWRhasnoAC

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 10, 2013
Dez Moy Nez
If Pierce is also a PG they both having good size leads to the thought they can play together.

Current guard options after Lipsey departs.
Pierce 6-5
Moore 6-3
Indrusaitis 6-5
Hamilton 6-6

Still room for Batemon and another big guard.
Those ARE big guards lol. If we can get some legit posts with time left to play, TJ will win a natty sooner than later.

Latest posts

Help Support Us

Become a patron