RECRUITING: Khaliel Rodgers flips to UNC

Frak

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 27, 2009
Wow, I would have never seen him leaving ISU as a huge win in the end. We got someone that loves ISU and might be just as good instead. Haven't been this lucky since Creighton hired McDermont so we didn't have to buy him out.

That is some good luck on our part. We'd likely be looking at him as a starter right now. And probably would not have gone after Knipfel. I guess you'd call him backing out and going to UNC a blessing in disguise

CyFy

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 13, 2014
Huxley
That is some good luck on our part. We'd likely be looking at him as a starter right now. And probably would not have gone after Knipfel. I guess you'd call him backing out and going to UNC a blessing in disguise
This very well could be the best case.

TarCy

Oct 11, 2015
Lawrence KS
I'm really confused as to what all the hate towards UNC is about. Not to mention some cheap blows regarding accused fake classes. As a fan of both, I wanted this kid at Iowa State because he was never going to start at Carolina. Both schools Will be fine in the long run.
Go Heels, Go Clones!

CycloneErik

Jan 31, 2008
Jamerica
rememberingdoria.wordpress.com
I'm really confused as to what all the hate towards UNC is about. Not to mention some cheap blows regarding accused fake classes. As a fan of both, I wanted this kid at Iowa State because he was never going to start at Carolina. Both schools Will be fine in the long run.
Go Heels, Go Clones!

The fake classes thing has been documented for several years now. You're blind if you haven't noticed that one.

For the kid, best of wishes to him. Hope everything works out for him.

TarCy

Oct 11, 2015
Lawrence KS
The fake classes thing has been documented for several years now. You're blind if you haven't noticed that one.

For the kid, best of wishes to him. Hope everything works out for him.

Not fake, that's been proven over and over again for those that read past the click bait. That being said, secretary grading papers isn't a good look. NCAA won't be able to punish UNC for it anyway because they can't control academics. Especially when half of the students taking the courses weren't athletes. Easy classes yes, but seriously no one should be on the side of the NCAA making up rules on the fly, or changing the process or burden of proof as has happened to UNC.

Trust me I'm not happy about happened at Carolina but NCAA and the ****** sports writers are the ones pushing a bad narrative.

Jay Bilas has some excellent write ups regarding the issue.

BWRhasnoAC

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 10, 2013
Dez Moy Nez
Go Heels, Go Clones!
Hate for UNC is because they have been documented and are under continuing investigation for fraudulent classes and for teaching aides helping players cheat.

Then you throw into the mix that Gene Chizik is the coach and well, you've got a good old fashioned hate fest. The player leaving ended up being a blessing but that was only recent. Before it looked like our former firmly entrenched coach stealing a recruit.

CloneGuy8

Mar 20, 2017
Hate for UNC is because they have been documented and are under continuing investigation for fraudulent classes and for teaching aides helping players cheat.

Then you throw into the mix that Gene Chizik is the coach and well, you've got a good old fashioned hate fest. The player leaving ended up being a blessing but that was only recent. Before it looked like our former firmly entrenched coach stealing a recruit.
I'm pretty sure the Chiz doesn't coach there anymore

TarCy

Oct 11, 2015
Lawrence KS
NCAA is no ones friend but their own. all of this came about because of self reporting and open door cooperation by UNC in 2009. Meanwhile SEC schools don't deal with nearly the hassle for telling the NCAA to F Off.

• Disagree
Reactions: Jjflm62

CyCloned

Oct 18, 2006
Robins, Iowa

From what I read on here it sounded like Rogers had no chance at making the two deep with the effort he was putting in. Knipfel is already there. Not sure it that will be the case by the end of fall camp, but for a guy that has not been there very long, being in the 2 deep is pretty impressive.

CloneGuy8

Mar 20, 2017
From what I read on here it sounded like Rogers had no chance at making the two deep with the effort he was putting in. Knipfel is already there. Not sure it that will be the case by the end of fall camp, but for a guy that has not been there very long, being in the 2 deep is pretty impressive.
I think you might be thinking of Dawson. Either way, we're better off with Knipfel in the long run.

Ozclone

Dec 12, 2009
NCAA is no ones friend but their own. all of this came about because of self reporting and open door cooperation by UNC in 2009. Meanwhile SEC schools don't deal with nearly the hassle for telling the NCAA to F Off.

UNC's use of joke classes to keep players eligible is not in dispute. The fact that the NCAA is limited in being able to punish UNC for this frustrates people. This is a tarnish on UNC's academic reputation and any attempt to rationalize these classes only makes it worse.

Hayes30

Jun 20, 2011
Didn't he commit to UNC because he got his gf pregnant? If so good for him getting on with his life and getting a job to support the kid.