RECRUITING: Morrow sets visit, Juiston visit info

Cyclonepride

Thought Police
Staff member
Apr 11, 2006
A pineapple under the sea
www.oldschoolradical.com
From what I've seen Juiston is in Chicago today visiting DePaul, and if CW is right in saying the KU visit is in the air, could it be possible we hear a commitment before the weekend? I would assume ISU is in a pretty good spot unless Shakur is looking for a top notch theatre school in Chicago.

I'd love to hear an announcement sooner rather than later. Easily my favorite target of ours, and the wait on all these guys has been killing me. Not holding my breath on the early announcement though.

• Agree
Reactions: FinalFourCy

cychase_

Mar 27, 2017
Ames
I'd love to hear an announcement sooner rather than later. Easily my favorite target of ours, and the wait on all these guys has been killing me. Not holding my breath on the early announcement though.
I think it's pretty hopeful, but hey, what else are we here for other than speculation

• Agree
Reactions: CyHans

Doc

This is it Morty
Aug 6, 2006
Denver

Yeah, it's a little anxiety inducing to be sitting here with 4 open scholarships, and to be competing against really strong programs for our targets. It's a good anxiety, though.

LLCoolCY

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 28, 2010
Minneapolis

Juiston scheduling and arriving to DePaul in the matter of a couple of days indicates to me he is looking to make a commitment sooner rather than later. I believe he has 2 officials left so guessing we have and answer to where he'll play before the month is over.

• Agree
Reactions: goclones69

cychase_

Mar 27, 2017
Ames
That idiot thinks they are also getting Brandon McCoy
Trying to claim that UNLV is the favorite for Juiston is idiotic with ISU and KU competing for him as well. UNLV is in shambles too, so many transferring in and out and having a difficult time keeping the APR at acceptable levels

cytor

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Nov 20, 2011
While the speculation is fun, in all honesty none of us really knows what is truly going on or how this is all going to shake out. Let's hope the best case scenario happens for ISU.

FinalFourCy

Mar 5, 2017
Like our chances. Prohm has done pretty well recruiting IMO. I think we get Juiston. Morrow as well. We would take Garrison Brooks but I don''t think we get him. We take Edwards and one grad transfer at guard. That is how I see it shaking out.
Juiston, Morrow, Grad transfer guard AND Edwards...that's a hell of a class in itself. I hope you're right. They could sell season tickets to the CCL in that event. To be greedy I'd loved to get Brooks, but the UNC boards have him as a strong SMU lean last I looked.

Reactions: isutrevman

LLCoolCY

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 28, 2010
Minneapolis
Trying to claim that UNLV is the favorite for Juiston is idiotic with ISU and KU competing for him as well. UNLV is in shambles too, so many transferring in and out and having a difficult time keeping the APR at acceptable levels

One of the UNLV's guys tweets, in between of insulting ISU/Ames, was about Shakur going to the program that he has the best relationship with coaches. All indications I have seen have ISU has a very good relationship with Shakur and very good visit this end.. Hard for me to see UNLV staff having built a better relationship at this point in the process.

RustShack

Chiefs Dynasty
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jan 27, 2010
Overland Park
One of the UNLV's guys tweets, in between of insulting ISU/Ames, was about Shakur going to the program that he has the best relationship with coaches. All indications I have seen have ISU has a very good relationship with Shakur and very good visit this end.. Hard for me to see UNLV staff having built a better relationship at this point in the process.

Yeah I laughed when I read that. I'm guessing he doesn't know how good Iowa States relationship is with him. Sadly DePaul might have the best relationship given the AAU coach connection.

srjclone

Nov 17, 2014
Downtown Minneapolis
Yeah I laughed when I read that. I'm guessing he doesn't know how good Iowa States relationship is with him. Sadly DePaul might have the best relationship given the AAU coach connection.
I'd be willing to bet He's never watched an Iowa State game before, or cares to. So he just assumes we have no chance cause we're in Iowa. Which seems pretty normal when you get closer to the coasts.

FinalFourCy

Mar 5, 2017
The other thought is how much PT would Thompson get as a FR if both Lard and Juiston pan out? Not only that, but I think the likelihood of Thompson playing right away is extremely low after seeing how it worked out with Solomon Young. If a guy like Morrow were to commit our young posts would have the ability to practice everyday against D1 talent everyday, which I think would better prepare our team for the future. Getting a kid like Thompson would be huge from a recruiting standpoint in that it puts ISU in the conversation with elite prospects, but I think a commitment from Morrow would mean better development for players like Young, Lard and Lewis.
It's not really that degree of an either/or imo. They are pretty different players. Thompson has an offensive game different than the rest. Morrow practicing against these guys next year would be a nice externality (assuming he's not on the mend), but let's get carried away with that benefit. Even if they were going against KAT you wouldn't value that over getting Thompson.

clonebb

Oct 23, 2015
Juiston, Morrow, Grad transfer guard AND Edwards...that's a hell of a class in itself. I hope you're right. They could sell season tickets to the CCL in that event. To be greedy I'd loved to get Brooks, but the UNC boards have him as a strong SMU lean last I looked.

Prefer Brown and Brooks.

• Agree
Reactions: cychase_