RECRUITING: Morrow sets visit, Juiston visit info

Cydkar

Apr 12, 2006
I just find it odd that we are competing with 2 top jucos with UNLV..both of them. I'm just wondering if there is some sort of connection with those two. As for Egor..Don't really get the move to OU from ISU. OU has a ton returning and a lot more to compete with but whatever. If we strike out on Juiston and Brown its probably going to be a very long season next year with a bench of 9.

Dont get me wrong im really excited about LW, Lewis, and McNeil but those guys really need a year. Accept LW.
There's a relationship at OU it's pretty simple

CloniesForLife

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 22, 2015
You would think that, but that is not how these guys think.
I disagree. There are multiple factors that go into a recruits decision and each has varying degrees of worth depending on the recruit. So while it's definitely a factor it's not necessarily a huge one for every recruit. I think that's especially true with grad transfer and juco players.

• Agree
Reactions: Cydkar

knowlesjam

Oct 21, 2012
Papillion, NE
I disagree. There are multiple factors that go into a recruits decision and each has varying degrees of worth depending on the recruit. So while it's definitely a factor it's not necessarily a huge one for every recruit. I think that's especially true with grad transfer and juco players.
Agreed...in the case of the grad transfer they have 1 year...where are they comfortable, can get playing time, and maybe have that NBA opportunity. Still, the UNLV thing drives me nuts...it certainly isn't the coach and tournament opportunity. I get the fringe benefits...and there are a bunch. Maybe we need to change some of the zoning codes for Ames...

Beyerball

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jun 18, 2013
Texas
One thing that is a bit of a misnomer is that unlv has this NBA pipeline...no they don't. Unlv has 6 kids drafted since 2007. And has 6 kids currently in league all of which don't play much at all..heck pretty soon isu will have 3-4 kids in NBA....

rholtgraves

Sep 25, 2009
One thing that is a bit of a misnomer is that unlv has this NBA pipeline...no they don't. Unlv has 6 kids drafted since 2007. And has 6 kids currently in league all of which don't play much at all..heck pretty soon isu will have 3-4 kids in NBA....

And weren't most of those kids from the Dave Rice tenure?

RustShack

Chiefs Dynasty
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jan 27, 2010
Overland Park
CW just tweeted that Rhode Island is now a player for SJ.

Based on adding DePaul and Rhode Island after his visit here I am losing confidence in getting SJ.

I'm not worried about recruiting against DePaul and Rhode Island. Not even UNLV. Kansas is the school I'd worry about, and he eliminated them already based on current commitments they already have.

ATCy

Jun 3, 2015
CW just tweeted that Rhode Island is now a player for SJ.

Based on adding DePaul and Rhode Island after his visit here I am losing confidence in getting SJ.
Wasn't DePaul and RI on his original list of like 9 schools? If so he's just evaluating all his options like it sounded like he would do. But I agree, you would think with KU out and our history with him it would only be a matter of time before he signs with us.

• Agree
Reactions: rholtgraves

Messi

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Aug 25, 2011
Cedar Rapids
Rhode Island is a 3 hour drive from home for Shakur. Don't know if thats a factor for him but it's something none of the other schools recruiting him can offer.

• Dislike
  • Informative
Reactions: YeahBuddy and jim4

allfourcy

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 26, 2012
Rhode Island is a 3 hour drive from home for Shakur. Don't know if thats a factor for him but it's something none of the other schools recruiting him can offer.

Ugh......

clonedude

Apr 16, 2006
Does anyone know if Prohm has a plan B in place if we don't get Juiston? I just feel like everyone will be in a state of panic and won't be overly excited about next season if we don't add Juiston or someone similar to him.

jsb

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 7, 2008
Does anyone know if Prohm has a plan B in place if we don't get Juiston? I just feel like everyone will be in a state of panic and won't be overly excited about next season if we don't add Juiston or someone similar to him.

It's not Prohm's job to curtail uneducated fan panic. Be concerned about the recruiting if you must, but the last thing that you or anyone should be concerned about is fans in a 'state of panic' or not overly excited.

Somehow, I imagine that Hilton will be full next year no matter what.

clonedude

Apr 16, 2006
It's not Prohm's job to curtail uneducated fan panic. Be concerned about the recruiting if you must, but the last thing that you or anyone should be concerned about is fans in a 'state of panic' or not overly excited.

Somehow, I imagine that Hilton will be full next year no matter what.

I actually agree with pretty much everything you say here. I can still selfishly hope Prohm has some quality plan B options if we don't get Juiston, right? That's what fans do.

Latest posts

Help Support Us

Become a patron