RECRUITING: Morrow sets visit, Juiston visit info

Beyerball

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jun 18, 2013
Texas
Can't is different than haven't

I should clarify..Haven't landed a TIer 1 grad transfer when so many were available and we needed at least 2 for this team. Not to mention this program essentially started the whole grad transfer movement that is today and we have been a Top 25 program last few years etc...

• Optimistic
Reactions: cyched44

isutrevman

Jan 30, 2007
Ames, IA
I should clarify..Haven't landed a TIer 1 grad transfer when so many were available and we needed at least 2 for this team. Not to mention this program essentially started the whole grad transfer movement that is today and we have been a Top 25 program last few years etc...
How many transfers have we lost out on so far that we were ever in the running for? Egor from Rice that went to Florida is the only one I can think of.

TheHelgo

Mar 20, 2006
At this point, i think a realistic outcome could be Beverly, Morrow and Brown. Brown may be the longest shot, so if that doesnt work but Beverly & Morrow do, what is next? Perhaps bank the scholly?

Reactions: woodm07

LLCoolCY

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 28, 2010
Minneapolis
Didn't it take until June to get Kane? I could be remembering that wrong, but the grad transfer market may not be done

It was late in May. We'll hear of some more names come out over the next couple of weeks when the second wave of transfers set visits. It is still April and time to get some more players. That is if Morrow and Brown don't commit. the staff is focused on those two right now and seeing where the roster is after they announce.

Reactions: isutrevman

Doc

This is it Morty
Aug 6, 2006
Denver
At this point, i think a realistic outcome could be Beverly, Morrow and Brown. Brown may be the longest shot, so if that doesnt work but Beverly & Morrow do, what is next? Perhaps bank the scholly?

We're competing with other great programs for Morrow so he's kind of a long shot as well.

BWRhasnoAC

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 10, 2013
Dez Moy Nez
I really hope we land Morrow. That kid is a freak athlete. It would be like putting 30 lbs on Rahshon Clark and making him 2 or 3 inches taller. Yes please.

Oh and just for fun. You the man Rahshon! Sorry for the horrible video quality.

clonedude

Apr 16, 2006
We're competing with other great programs for Morrow so he's kind of a long shot as well.

Unfortunately, the way things have gone so far, I think you're correct here. The only player we've landed so far is Shayok, but we didn't have much competition for him at all. That is worrisome.

Still holding out hope though. Confident in Prohm. I'll have confidence in him no matter who he adds.

FinalFourCy

Mar 5, 2017
I really hope we land Morrow. That kid is a freak athlete. It would be like putting 30 lbs on Rahshon Clark and making him 2 or 3 inches taller. Yes please.

Oh and just for fun. You the man Rahshon! Sorry for the horrible video
Freak athlete?

FinalFourCy

Mar 5, 2017
I see dunks, but not Clark's athleticism.
He doesn't need to be at a fairly long 6'7", but in the few games I watched of NU freak athlete never came to mind. I wonder how much he'll expand his game with a year off. Does he add some ball-handling and expand his range? Some NU fans claimed he didn't want to play an undersized 5 role.

CyTwins

Jan 20, 2010
Ankeny
Unfortunately, the way things have gone so far, I think you're correct here. The only player we've landed so far is Shayok, but we didn't have much competition for him at all. That is worrisome.

Still holding out hope though. Confident in Prohm. I'll have confidence in him no matter who he adds.

How do you know who we competed with for Shayok?

clonedude

Apr 16, 2006
How do you know who we competed with for Shayok?

I only know of the teams that were listed, which wasn't much, but obviously that might not have been everyone involved, I understand that.

Ok, so even if I give you that we beat out a bunch of P5 teams for Shayok, that's great, but we've struck out with everyone else thus far that was on our list. So we're 1 for 10 or whatever the number is now that have went elsewhere.

As I said, I will trust Prohm no matter who he brings in. He's done enough already to deserve all of our trust IMO.

• Dislike

CyTwins

Jan 20, 2010
Ankeny
I only know of the teams that were listed, which wasn't much, but obviously that might not have been everyone involved, I understand that.

Ok, so even if I give you that we beat out a bunch of P5 teams for Shayok, that's great, but we've struck out with everyone else thus far that was on our list. So we're 1 for 10 or whatever the number is now that have went elsewhere.

As I said, I will trust Prohm no matter who he brings in. He's done enough already to deserve all of our trust IMO.

Baylor and Marquette isn't much?

clonedude

Apr 16, 2006
Baylor and Marquette isn't much?

He's a good get, there I said it. Like I said, we're about 1 for 10 now. Probably more like 1 for 15. And Shayok doesn't help us this year.

I've said numerous times, I'm going to trust Prohm no matter who he lands, but I'm sure he wishes that a few of these other main targets had committed to us too. Doesn't always happen and you have to move on. Hope he lands a surprise or two.

• Disagree

LLCoolCY

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 28, 2010
Minneapolis

Everyone else? Crawford went home to Mississippi with out even visiting other schools. Egor went back home to Florida after one other visit and didn't make it to Ames.

Juiston and Edwards was the only real misses by the staff. Edwards is replaced by Shayok next year and I think the staff is okay with that especially if they get a grad transfer guard.

I understand some frustration but let's just wait until the July and see how the roster looks before we judge it. Patience.

CyTwins

Jan 20, 2010
Ankeny
He's a good get, there I said it. Like I said, we're about 1 for 10 now. Probably more like 1 for 15. And Shayok doesn't help us this year.

I've said numerous times, I'm going to trust Prohm no matter who he lands, but I'm sure he wishes that a few of these other main targets had committed to us too. Doesn't always happen and you have to move on. Hope he lands a surprise or two.

I'm just saying there's no point being dramatic and making it out worse than it is

Reactions: isutrevman and Doc