Seemingly never ending Iowa MBB thread (still going.....)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rural

Feb 3, 2010
Jonny Jones is an awful coach. Like I said with the right coach watch out. LSU could become what Florida is. The state of Louisiana has 11 players in the NBA right now. Most of those guys never played at LSU.

So's Fran.

• Optimistic
Reactions: hawxrox09

HawkeyeMashup

Feb 17, 2017
Great game last night for ISU. I thought they would handle Nevada easier than that, but Nevada was way better than I thought they were. They were athletic, and were probably unlucky they faced ISU in the first round, they would have beaten Minnesota, and possibly beaten Virginia or Notre Dame

I also thought Prohm coached a very good game. He took a couple nice TO when Nevada was making a run, and he also rested Monte at times when he could and it didn’t hurt ISU.

I think Purdue is going to have a hard time matching up with ISU, I just don’t see Haas being a factor, and the only guy that ISU can’t check is Swannigan (but nobody can really).

CyTwins

Jan 20, 2010
Ankeny
Great game last night for ISU. I thought they would handle Nevada easier than that, but Nevada was way better than I thought they were. They were athletic, and were probably unlucky they faced ISU in the first round, they would have beaten Minnesota, and possibly beaten Virginia or Notre Dame

I also thought Prohm coached a very good game. He took a couple nice TO when Nevada was making a run, and he also rested Monte at times when he could and it didn’t hurt ISU.

I think Purdue is going to have a hard time matching up with ISU, I just don’t see Haas being a factor, and the only guy that ISU can’t check is Swannigan (but nobody can really).

You thought ISU would win by more than 11? I hope you bet it!

CyCloned

Oct 18, 2006
Robins, Iowa
I don't typically watch Iowa basketball, but they do have bigs that move well.

Are they always that careless with the basketball? Ball was bouncing between them and South Dakota like a Plinko wall.

I don't watch a ton of Iowa BB either. Just a few games, and their bigs do play pretty well, at least while I am watching. All I am saying is they have some nice pieces going forward, and at this point look in better shape for next year than ISU. A couple good transfers and ISU will be in good shape too, but right now there is still some holes to fill.

rholtgraves

Sep 25, 2009
I think TCU is a bad matchup for Iowa. Their guards can get into the lane and I don't think any of their bigs can guard Brodziansky on the block.

• Agree
Reactions: Buster28

iahawks

Sep 7, 2012
I thought ISU played good last night too. Second time actually watching them all year. They have a lot of playmakers for sure. Will be a good matchup against Purdue with different styles. Purdue's inside strength against ISU's superior perimeter play.

HawkeyeMashup

Feb 17, 2017
You thought ISU would win by more than 11? I hope you bet it!

Unfortunately I did not. They only thing I put money on was Middle Tenn St., that was a sure thing, and my neighbor happens to be the only Gopher fan in all of Iowa I think. I gave up the bookie years ago. I have learned I am much more accurate with my predictions this way, as I don’t remember my bad calls nearly as much when I’m not losing money on them.

Reactions: NWICY

HawkeyeMashup

Feb 17, 2017
I thought ISU played good last night too. Second time actually watching them all year. They have a lot of playmakers for sure. Will be a good matchup against Purdue with different styles. Purdue's inside strength against ISU's superior perimeter play.

Im not going to be shocked or anything if Purdues wins, but at the same time I think Purdue is gonna find it more difficult to match up against ISU than ISU vs them. To me ISU is just used to having to defend down low as best they can. I think Purdue is going to have a hard time extending their D on 4 players the entire game. The only real problem ISU might have is if Biggie goes all Biggie on them and goes for 20+ and 15+ rebounds.

Should be a competitive fun game, but I think ISU is too loaded up with Sr guard play and that takes you a long way in the NCAA.

• Agree
Reactions: srjclone

SCyclone

Mar 11, 2014
Fort Dodge, IA

Interesting you should say that. I pointed that out on another thread earlier today....he got blasted by some here for his timeout usage, but last night's was just right. Good input.

Status
Not open for further replies.