Star Trek Universe Thread

GTO

Mar 25, 2014
North DFW, TX
SNW is the best Star Trek show ever. Period.

Followed by TNG, original series, Deep Space Nine, Discovery, Voyager, with Enterprise coming in last.

Hopefully they don't **** it up.

BoxsterCy

Staff member
Sep 14, 2009
Minnesota
SNW is the best Star Trek show ever. Period.

Followed by TNG, original series, Deep Space Nine, Discovery, Voyager, with Enterprise coming in last.

Hopefully they don't **** it up.

That Next Generation episode I flipped into tonight gave me a flashback to watching it with CWW#2 on my than brand new 27" Sony TV. Than, 27" = biggly. Was a big deal waiting for the next episode to air.

Reactions: CloneIce

GTO

Mar 25, 2014
North DFW, TX
That Next Generation episode I flipped into tonight gave me a flashback to watching it with CWW#2 on my than brand new 27" Sony TV. Than, 27" = biggly. Was a big deal waiting for the next episode to air.
I loved TNG, but we always forget how cheesy it was at times. All Star Trek series also seem to have some annoying crew member or two. SNW is the first one where I could honestly say I love every single character.

If you've never seen the video below, make sure you're not drinking anything at the time or have to go to the bathroom. I almost pissed my pants the first time I watched it.

BoxsterCy

Staff member
Sep 14, 2009
Minnesota
I loved TNG, but we always forget how cheesy it was at times. All Star Trek series also seem to have some annoying crew member or two. SNW is the first one where I could honestly say I love every single character.

If you've never seen the video below, make sure you're not drinking anything at the time or have to go to the bathroom. I almost pissed my pants the first time I watched it.

Besides cheesy, the lack of gratuitous nudity is a major flaw of Star Trek, and most sci-fi series and movies. ;)

Reactions: GTO

ISUChippewa

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 10, 2006

Oh, that was gold...

KnappShack

May 26, 2008
Parts Unknown

Wesley Crusher is the Jar-Jar of Trek.

And to top it all off he did a great job of ******* up season 2 of Picard as a final encore

CloneIce

Apr 11, 2006
Besides cheesy, the lack of gratuitous nudity is a major flaw of Star Trek, and most sci-fi series and movies. ;)
No nudity, but Riker banged dozens of humans and aliens throughout the galaxy. Dude did not care what genes you had, he was always ready to hit it.

• Funny
Reactions: ABECyguy

CascadeClone

Oct 24, 2009
Wesley Crusher is the Jar-Jar of Trek.

And to top it all off he did a great job of ******* up season 2 of Picard as a final encore
Hey i am firmly on team Shut Up Wesley, but that little cameo was fantastic. I went fanboy on his appearance and i almost never do that.

Reactions: ABECyguy

KnappShack

May 26, 2008
Parts Unknown
Hey i am firmly on team Shut Up Wesley, but that little cameo was fantastic. I went fanboy on his appearance and i almost never do that.

I groaned and looked for something to throw. Wesley is a **** character and it was a stretch to bring him back.

Season 2 was awful and he added the **** cherry on top.

• Agree
Reactions: GTO

Triggermv

Jul 16, 2010
Marion, IA
I've finally started in on Strange New Worlds S2 by watching the first episode. I loved S1, so hoping this season is on par or better than that one. Any thoughts by anyone who has watched more than I have so far?

CascadeClone

Oct 24, 2009
I've finally started in on Strange New Worlds S2 by watching the first episode. I loved S1, so hoping this season is on par or better than that one. Any thoughts by anyone who has watched more than I have so far?
They experiment a little. I still am really liking it.

The La'an centered one has some FANTASTIC moments, great writing imho.
"Those Old Scientists" was fun, I enjoyed it. Impressed they crossed over with an animated comedy and made it work.
The musical one is certainly different. For me, I would have liked a little more mayhem and a little less "Glee".

• Informative
Reactions: Triggermv

CloneIce

Apr 11, 2006
Season 2 was great. Loved it. Just wish we don’t have to wait god knows how long for the next season.

Now if he can just get another series going to carry on after the events of Picard.

• Informative
Reactions: Triggermv

alarson

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 15, 2006
Ankeny

I've watched everything but the finale, which I think I might get to tonight. I thought this season has been fantastic so far. It does a good job of bouncing between tone, some episodes with emotional weight while also having fun episodes like the Lower Decks crossover and the musical episode (which I absolutely loved) balancing them out

Triggermv

Jul 16, 2010
Marion, IA
I've watched everything but the finale, which I think I might get to tonight. I thought this season has been fantastic so far. It does a good job of bouncing between tone, some episodes with emotional weight while also having fun episodes like the Lower Decks crossover and the musical episode (which I absolutely loved) balancing them out

I'm nervous about the musical episode after hating the fairytale episode from S1. Granted, that was the only episode I did not like.

Buster28

Dec 3, 2011
Ames
I'm nervous about the musical episode after hating the fairytale episode from S1. Granted, that was the only episode I did not like.
I *despise* musicals for the most part. But even I will admit that this one wasn't that bad. Hokey? Sure. But it was actually pretty well done. Considering. The shift in tone was wild going from episode 8 to 9 to 10 - quite the swing. Who knows how long it will be until we get a date for the season 3 premiere/cliffhanger wrap.

I thought the crossover episode was pretty great. Very "believable" how they wove the story to combine both shows. The animated opening credits and SNW cast at the end was a great touch.

alarson

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 15, 2006
Ankeny

The good thing about it is, having seen a few shows go down the musical episode route, they integrated it as part of the problem to be solved in the episode (the closest comparison there might be the Scrubs musical episode). Some good singing voices on this cast as well (particularly Ethan Peck\Christina Chong).

But i'm also fairly musically-inclined being someone who was in band\choir up through college, so that kind of episode is right in my zone. And you can just tell this cast is having a ton of fun with this show.

alarson

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 15, 2006
Ankeny
Considering. The shift in tone was wild going from episode 8 to 9 to 10 - quite the swing.

I feel like I remember them doing similar with season 1 as well. They like to go back and forth between lighter, more fun episodes, and darker, more emotional or action focused episodes.

The animated opening credits and SNW cast at the end was a great touch.

I liked that they did similar for the musical episode with the vocal version of the opening credits.

Reactions: Buster28

Triggermv

Jul 16, 2010
Marion, IA
I'm through episode 2 now and clicking along nicely. One of my favorite parts was the Gorn in S1, so I'm excited to see more of them coming up it seems

Latest posts

Help Support Us

Become a patron