Star Trek Universe Thread

Buster28

Dec 3, 2011
Ames
We've had a great time watching Picard season 3. There have been some fun twists, great appearances from old TNG characters, and a lot of good tension in the story telling. This definitely IS the season Trek fans have been waiting for. As mentioned above, it's too bad it took a couple of misfires to find this footing. But this season is worth it. Can't wait for the finale this week!

ISUChippewa

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 10, 2006
We've had a great time watching Picard season 3. There have been some fun twists, great appearances from old TNG characters, and a lot of good tension in the story telling. This definitely IS the season Trek fans have been waiting for. As mentioned above, it's too bad it took a couple of misfires to find this footing. But this season is worth it. Can't wait for the finale this week!

Yep. I enjoyed Season 1 well enough; Season 2 was a bit of a mess and never realized its potential. This season has been nothing short of fantastic though. I got goose bumps a couple of episodes ago when the original 7 were all sitting down together, and them being on the original bridge last week with Picard saying his catchphrases was a moment of pure awesomeness.

KnappShack

May 26, 2008
Parts Unknown
Yep. I enjoyed Season 1 well enough; Season 2 was a bit of a mess and never realized its potential. This season has been nothing short of fantastic though. I got goose bumps a couple of episodes ago when the original 7 were all sitting down together, and them being on the original bridge last week with Picard saying his catchphrases was a moment of pure awesomeness.

Enough nostalgia to make it fun, but the story is still carrying the load.

Season 2 should be wiped from the planet.

KnappShack

May 26, 2008
Parts Unknown

This show captures everything that is good about the Star Trek franchise.

Pike is my favorite captain since Kirk was cheating death and dropping double axe handles on aliens back in 1966

Pike has an end date and it's a date he knows. Adds a layer to the character, but you also know they're getting out of whatever **** because of his destiny

Triggermv

Jul 16, 2010
Marion, IA
This show captures everything that is good about the Star Trek franchise.

Pike is my favorite captain since Kirk was cheating death and dropping double axe handles on aliens back in 1966

Pike has an end date and it's a date he knows. Adds a layer to the character, but you also know they're getting out of whatever **** because of his destiny

Love me some Strange New Worlds and the new Pike is actually my all-time favorite Star Trek character already. In fact, I may or may not own one of the new Captain Pike Star Trek uniforms and it may or may not be pretty sick.

Last edited:

Triggermv

Jul 16, 2010
Marion, IA
The Picard Season finale was awesome. That entire season was great. I'm planning on a re-watch.

Good to hear. I was hoping to watch it last night, but was limited to watching The Mandalorian finale with my kids instead. While I love me some Mandalorian and its finale was alright, I'd be lying if I didn't say I was more looking forward to watching the Picard finale. Without question, Picard has had the superior season this year with significantly better writing.

• Winner
Reactions: Gorm

alarson

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 15, 2006
Ankeny
The Picard Season finale was awesome. That entire season was great. I'm planning on a re-watch.

Was such a fantastic season. Watching those last couple episodes made me feel like a kid watching TNG for the first time again. Just all smiles through it. And ending with a poker game, mirroring All Good Things, was just perfection. You could just tell how the writers for the season absolutely loved the TNG crew, knew its stories deeply, and wanted to give it a fitting final sendoff.

We better be getting the Legacy (or whatever they end up calling it) series. Hell, they've said they have a way planned to bring Shaw back from the beginning. Being that he was a engineer earlier in his starfleet days, I'd love for him to be in a grumpy chief engineer role in a new series.

Triggermv

Jul 16, 2010
Marion, IA
Wowsers, that was maybe the best finale of a show that I've seen in quite some time, and it every bit lived up to the episodes prior to it. Talk about the perfect love letter to the Next Generation. Warf, everything that came out of your mouth in that episode was golden dude. You do you, as you had me just rolling in laughter multiple times. Next to Captain Pike, Jack Crusher is next in line for having me most excited to see what he will do next. He has easily got the charisma to lead a show someday. The anticipation for the green light of a Star Trek Legacy is palpable to the point where if they do it, I would be as excited for the future of Star Trek as I have been in quite some time. Anyway, Chef's kiss to the showrunners of S3. Good work.

• Agree
Reactions: Cyclonsin

Triggermv

Jul 16, 2010
Marion, IA
Anyone seen the first episode of Strange New Worlds S2 yet? Thoughts? I haven't quite had the time, which has led me to opt for letting a few build up before I crack in.

CascadeClone

Oct 24, 2009
Anyone seen the first episode of Strange New Worlds S2 yet? Thoughts? I haven't quite had the time, which has led me to opt for letting a few build up before I crack in.
Pretty good overall. But I didn't love M'Benga and Chapel both turning into John Wick for a 10 minute fight sequence. Just dumb and unnecessary imho. Would have been better and more realistic if they had used their knowledge to manage their problems - I mean they are highly trained and educated, right? Maybe outsmart their opponents?

Also, how many times can (insert spoiler here) happen? You will know what I am talking about when you watch it. :)

CYUL8R

Feb 13, 2012
Watched it. Liked it. It'll be interesting to see how far they go with the premise set up in the final scene this season - but that has some potential. Won't drop a spoiler as the show is worth watching on its own if not just to whet your appetite for the coming episodes.

As others have mentioned, Anson Mount is perfect as Captain Pike. If you haven't watched the History channel series 'Hell on Wheels', I highly recommend it. That was Anson's big claim to fame after some earlier bit parts.

KnappShack

May 26, 2008
Parts Unknown
Watched it. Liked it. It'll be interesting to see how far they go with the premise set up in the final scene this season - but that has some potential. Won't drop a spoiler as the show is worth watching on its own if not just to whet your appetite for the coming episodes.

As others have mentioned, Anson Mount is perfect as Captain Pike. If you haven't watched the History channel series 'Hell on Wheels', I highly recommend it. That was Anson's big claim to fame after some earlier bit parts.

Shatner
Mount
Stewart

Mount could still take that top spot.

• Agree
Reactions: CYUL8R

jcf817

Mar 2, 2023
North Carolina

Anson Mount is fantastic, and I'm really loving Ethan Peck's Spock. He has a certain charisma that just works.

Latest posts

Help Support Us

Become a patron