Star Wars Expanded Universe Thread

BryceC

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 23, 2006
I think that is what they do as well. The tie to the Morris gods is a pretty important piece of the lore

?

morris-grid-uproxx.jpg

BryceC

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 23, 2006
Anyone kind of over all the Star Wars stuff? I'm going through Ahsoka with my son. We watched episode 6 a couple nights ago and I felt like I'm just done. Give me some movies occasionally and that'll do.

I'm done with Marvel. They lost me. I finished Ms. Marvel and I'll watch the movies but I won't watch another show. I might dip in on Loki but that's it.

Star Wars... what can I say, I'm in.

Disney over saturated the Star Wars content. It is no longer a "big event" when a new Star Wars IP comes out. The branding partners for Star Wars are furious at Disney for ruining the brand which used to be evergreen.

Bet you can't wait for The Acolyte. :D

Honestly I can't wait for the Acolyte. That's the one I've actually wanted to see since they announced the new shows.

• Agree
Reactions: mramseyISU

Clonefan94

Oct 18, 2006
Schaumburg, IL
I watched the series and thought it was entertaining. Am I the only one though who thought the lightsaber battles were lackluster at best? They all looked like they hadn't practiced enough and they were just going through motions? That's the one thing that really stuck out to me, whenever a lightsaber fight happened, I couldn't help but think, "They should be better than that, shouldn't they?"

BryceC

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 23, 2006
I watched the series and thought it was entertaining. Am I the only one though who thought the lightsaber battles were lackluster at best? They all looked like they hadn't practiced enough and they were just going through motions? That's the one thing that really stuck out to me, whenever a lightsaber fight happened, I couldn't help but think, "They should be better than that, shouldn't they?"

Yeah, that was a weak point of the show.

BryceC

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 23, 2006
Anyone kind of over all the Star Wars stuff? I'm going through Ahsoka with my son. We watched episode 6 a couple nights ago and I felt like I'm just done. Give me some movies occasionally and that'll do.

Let me circle back here - I'll watch anything Star Wars any time. I'm an absolute slappy for it. That said...

IMO, at this point, I think Disney+ has been a terrible mistake. They've spent a ton of money on it, it has partially tanked their stock price, they spent a ton of money on the Fox merger which I think was a mistake, etc. They've really, really damaged their two biggest brands in Star Wars and Marvel.

I mean this sincerely the people running Disney+ don't know how to make TV at a fundamental level. Take Ahsoka for an example, but it's also example like 20 of Disney+ shows. they ALWAYS bite off more than they can chew. They ALWAYS add too many characters. Why introduce Thrawn here? All it did was take away screen time from Baylan and Shin, and they were way, way, way more interesting characters. We had another season finale which basically didn't resolve any threads that they themselves set up. Baylan and Shin weren't even in a speaking role in the finale.

I think the way the show looks was fantastic. I think they actors they cast were really, really good for the roles. But the scripts, pacing, and everything like that sucks in these shows every time. That's not to say I didn't enjoy myself watching Ahsoka. But this is a just okay show with a 100+ million dollar budget which is a major problem.

• Agree
Reactions: twojman

Lexclone

I survived the 2023 ad invasion
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Dec 8, 2013
Massachusetts
Like, change-your-avatar-over or just sorta-over?

• Haha
Reactions: twojman

WISCY1895

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Nov 25, 2009

Gorm

With any luck we will be there by Tuesday.
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jul 6, 2010
Cedar Rapids, IA
Honestly this is fantastic news. There is nobody working for Star Wars that knows the lore better than Dave. Should have happened a lot sooner

Is Kathleen gone yet? If not, then hes really not the final stop on creative decisions.

NorthCyd

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Aug 22, 2011
Honestly this is fantastic news. There is nobody working for Star Wars that knows the lore better than Dave. Should have happened a lot sooner
Agree, great news. I understand some may not love everything about the Mando universe he's built, but it's the most fun I've had with Star Wars since the OT.

houjix

Jul 21, 2021
Agree, great news. I understand some may not love everything about the Mando universe he's built, but it's the most fun I've had with Star Wars since the OT.
I think the Mando-verse, for the most part, has been fine, It could have been better had it not had the albatross of needing to mesh with EP VII-IX hanging around its narrative neck. Give the Legends treatment to those films and just move forward. Actually recast Han, Luke, and Leia and give use the rise of the New Republic that can be told without the shadow of the First Order limiting the storytelling.

tman24

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Feb 6, 2008
in general he wont allow crap like ackbar getting killed off screen and other dumb stuff that happened in the sequels to happen.

BryceC

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 23, 2006
I like Dave a lot. However if I’m being honest without Favreau I’ve been a lot less impressed. He’s best at animation IMO.

The last few Filoniverse shows have been Boba, Mando season 3, Obi-Wan and Ahsoka. Not one of those are nearly as good as the first two seasons of Mando.

Reactions: Halincandenza

BryceC

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 23, 2006
I think the Mando-verse, for the most part, has been fine, It could have been better had it not had the albatross of needing to mesh with EP VII-IX hanging around its narrative neck. Give the Legends treatment to those films and just move forward. Actually recast Han, Luke, and Leia and give use the rise of the New Republic that can be told without the shadow of the First Order limiting the storytelling.

Or just make up new characters. We need to move past the Skywalkers. I’m desperate for that.

BigTurk

Dec 17, 2013
I just finished Ahsoka. I liked it, but realized quickly there are things happening I knew nothing about. I don't think I want to go through all the animation episodes to catch up. Is there a cliff notes version out there somewhere?

JohnPrineforCy

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Feb 1, 2019
I just finished Ahsoka. I liked it, but realized quickly there are things happening I knew nothing about. I don't think I want to go through all the animation episodes to catch up. Is there a cliff notes version out there somewhere?

Reactions: BigTurk

jdcyclone19

Apr 14, 2017
Iowa
Just started bad batch. Still need to watch the last few episodes. IDK why but I kind of hope that this turns even more dark and has a dark conclusion to the series.

M-count? I think we all know what that M-count is referring to.

Last edited:
Reactions: Triggermv