Star Wars Expanded Universe Thread

Bader

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jul 25, 2007
Ankeny
Not as great as Episode 5 but this series is still cooking.
  • Cameo from a certain droid
    • Tie-in with sequel trilogy?
    • Setup for Ashoka movie?
  • Chopper gonna stab a senator
  • Another Anakin cameo
  • Huyang
  • Got a taste of what Thrawn is about
  • Ezra force fu
  • Baylon steels every scene
Questions I hope they can wrap up in episode 8:
  • What is Thrawn loading that is so important?
  • What's up with Baylon? Are we going to have unanswered questions as the is actor unavailable?
  • Is Shin going to stick with Thrawn or join up with the crew?
C110P is my favorite war criminal. Without knowing how Baylon's story ties up I've seen a lot of calls for Liev Schrieber to be offered the role. I think he'd be able to step in for Stevenson nicely

Reactions: mramseyISU

Pitt_Clone

Nov 15, 2007
Pittsburgh, PA
Been a life long Star Wars fan but have never really gotten into any of the animated stuff. Is the Clone Wars series worth watching? There are just a lot of seasons, and after watching a few episodes I'm not sure it's worth the time commitment right now.

Reactions: khardbored

Frak

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 27, 2009
Been a life long Star Wars fan but have never really gotten into any of the animated stuff. Is the Clone Wars series worth watching? There are just a lot of seasons, and after watching a few episodes I'm not sure it's worth the time commitment right now.
My advice would be to watch maybe the last two seasons of rebels and then the last season of clone wars.

Reactions: mramseyISU

mramseyISU

Nov 8, 2006
Waterloo, IA
I don't know if you need to watch all of it but there is a playlist on D+ called essential Ashoka or something like that. It might be worth your time to watch that. I watched a bunch of it because my kids were the right age to be into it and for the most part I enjoyed it.

Reactions: CycloneEggie

laminak

Jun 13, 2010
Marion
My advice would be to watch maybe the last two seasons of rebels and then the last season of clone wars.

It should be seasons 2-4 of Rebels as Ahsoka is in season 2.

For the Clone Wars, there are guides out there to which episodes to watch:

jcf817

Mar 2, 2023
North Carolina
I don't know if you need to watch all of it but there is a playlist on D+ called essential Ashoka or something like that. It might be worth your time to watch that. I watched a bunch of it because my kids were the right age to be into it and for the most part I enjoyed it.
Find a Clone Wars essentials list somewhere and just watch those episodes. There is at least one story arc in Season 5 that is VERY important, especially to understand Ahsoka.

SCNCY

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Sep 11, 2009
La Fox, IL

Overall, if you like to get more background and universe building, watching those series is good and fun. For example, you get more background on how the clone troopers felt about the war.

For the clone wars, if you do decide to watch the entire series, I'd go on line and find a list of episodes in chronological order. The reason is because the first couple seasons, the episodes jump around a lot between different story arch's. Season 4, I believe they start showing the story arch's in order, which are usually 2-4 episodes in length following the same story before they move on to a new one. The first couple of seasons, you may get episode 2 of a story arch in season 1, then season 2, you got the episode 1, and then they complete the story arch in season 3.

Gorm

With any luck we will be there by Tuesday.
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jul 6, 2010
Cedar Rapids, IA
Find a Clone Wars essentials list somewhere and just watch those episodes. There is at least one story arc in Season 5 that is VERY important, especially to understand Ahsoka.

Especially since Ahsoka is just live action Season 6 of Rebels.

BryceC

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 23, 2006

I'd repeat what others have said about the animated stuff - watch the essentials list. I'm a sicko so I've watched everything. But the quality in the animated stuff goes from some of the best stuff Star Wars has to offer (Rebels season 2 finale) to entire Clone Wars episodes featuring Jar Jar.

SCNCY

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Sep 11, 2009
La Fox, IL
I'd repeat what others have said about the animated stuff - watch the essentials list. I'm a sicko so I've watched everything. But the quality in the animated stuff goes from some of the best stuff Star Wars has to offer (Rebels season 2 finale) to entire Clone Wars episodes featuring Jar Jar.

This is a good point. There are some great episodes, and then there are some bad ones. The reason I always thought this was the case is because it's made for children; and those bad episodes have children written all over them.

Reactions: khardbored

jcf817

Mar 2, 2023
North Carolina
Especially since Ahsoka is just live action Season 6 of Rebels.
I meant Season 5 of The Clone Wars, when she is framed for bombing the Jedi Temple. I agree about the current series; especially now that we're near the end, it is clearly a continuation of Rebels. Rebels is essential Star Wars for me.

alarson

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 15, 2006
Ankeny

I just recently did first watch throughs of both Clone Wars and Rebels.

Simply as a star wars fan i'd say yes, both Clone Wars and Rebels are highly worth watching. Clone wars does a lot to flesh out the prequel era (especially getting good a few seasons in, it takes a bit to get good, which is why it took me a few attempts before I finally got through it), and Rebels the era between the prequels and sequels, as well as having a pretty solid story and characters on its own. I' m a couple episodes behind on Ahsoka, but it also has a big impact on these series, given as others have said, Ahsoka is essentially Rebels S5 and Clone Wars has a ton of backstory for Ahsoka's character, both in her past as a jedi as well as her relationship with Anakin which weighs on her.

At very least before Ahsoka i'd watch an 'essentials' list of ahsoka episodes in clone wars, and all of rebels.

Last edited:
Reactions: khardbored and Frak

tman24

Feb 6, 2008
Wow. A lot to unpack. Completely missed the mortis monuments. Guess I had to much lotr stuck in my head. Fitting that the place is missing the daughter (light force).

It was definitely fan service but having the ghost in the background when ezra finally sees hera was awesome. Disappointed there was no hug.

Ahsoka owning the blade of talzin.

And morai showing up again.

And force ghost (my head canon is the force ghost chooses what they look like when they appear.)

My guess is that ahsoka and Sabine get back home by using the world between worlds unlocked by the mortis part of the world that balen is going to. Maybe anakin helps?

Have to see what I miss when I rewatch with my kids.

WISCY1895

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Nov 25, 2009
I believe the plan is a second season and then a Heir To The Empire movie that Dave is going to direct. Speculation is that is will be an Ahsoka and Mando shows will both connect for that movie

alarson

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 15, 2006
Ankeny
Loved this first season of Ahsoka.

My only complaint is a broader one about TV in this era and 8 episode seasons being way too short. This should've been like a midseason finale.

Reactions: legi

tman24

Feb 6, 2008
Also completely forgot about thrawns caskets. What if they are ancient Jedi/sith that they plan to resurrect?

CloniesForLife

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 22, 2015
Great season. I'm pumped for season 2. This is right up there with Mando imo. I'm going to go back and watch the Ahsoka essentials and then rewatch this.

1. Andor
2a. Mando
2b. Ahsoka

3. Obi wan

4. Boba Fett

Latest posts

Help Support Us

Become a patron