Star Wars Expanded Universe Thread

GBlade

Mar 9, 2014
Well they left the Baylon plot on a literal cliff hanger. My biggest fear is they leave the whole plot unaddressed next season.

Mando S3 left me burned out on D+ Star Wars, but Ahsoka has rekindled the love. The season wasn't perfect, but it was very fun.

SCNCY

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Sep 11, 2009
La Fox, IL
Wow. A lot to unpack. Completely missed the mortis monuments. Guess I had to much lotr stuck in my head. Fitting that the place is missing the daughter (light force).

It was definitely fan service but having the ghost in the background when ezra finally sees hera was awesome. Disappointed there was no hug.

Ahsoka owning the blade of talzin.

And morai showing up again.

And force ghost (my head canon is the force ghost chooses what they look like when they appear.)

My guess is that ahsoka and Sabine get back home by using the world between worlds unlocked by the mortis part of the world that balen is going to. Maybe anakin helps?

Have to see what I miss when I rewatch with my kids.

I didn't realize that those were the Mortis gods. I'll have to go back and look, as I think it's interesting that one of the statues was destroyed, maybe the sister?

SCNCY

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Sep 11, 2009
La Fox, IL
Well they left the Baylon plot on a literal cliff hanger. My biggest fear is they leave the whole plot unaddressed next season.

Mando S3 left me burned out on D+ Star Wars, but Ahsoka has rekindled the love. The season wasn't perfect, but it was very fun.

I hope not, as I am looking forward to what he was after. But I can see star wars taking his story line in to a book or a magazine to finish it.

houjix

Jul 21, 2021
Good finale. Frankly, I want next season to be all about the ones who stayed on Peridia and kinda wish they never find a way back. We know where the story goes for everyone back in the original galaxy. Thrawn's defeat is inevitable. Either he dies or goes back to the Chiss Ascendancy. I want to see the uncharted path.

Frak

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 27, 2009

I figured they’d wrap up his arc, but they didn’t. Gonna have to recast the character I guess.

laminak

Jun 13, 2010
Marion
Loved seeing Ezra stealing a stormtrooper outfit and going undercover as usual.

Agreed that it should have had more Shin in it.

Reactions: KHoing07

tman24

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Feb 6, 2008
Good finale. Frankly, I want next season to be all about the ones who stayed on Peridia and kinda wish they never find a way back. We know where the story goes for everyone back in the original galaxy. Thrawn's defeat is inevitable. Either he dies or goes back to the Chiss Ascendancy. I want to see the uncharted path.

Ahsoka has to die before the resistance era movies. She is one of the voices Rey hears in the movie. All voices she hears are dead jedi.

I do think most of season 2 would be Ahsoka on Peridia and maybe a couple shots of Thrawn causing chaos, with the finale setting up the movie where they finally face each other.

Last edited:

WISCY1895

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Nov 25, 2009
I figured they’d wrap up his arc, but they didn’t. Gonna have to recast the character I guess.
I think that is what they do as well. The tie to the Morris gods is a pretty important piece of the lore

WISCY1895

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Nov 25, 2009
I think there’s a chance that Thrawn makes it past the movie if they make the Grysk the future threat past sequel trilogy

houjix

Jul 21, 2021
Ahsoka has to die before the resistance era movies. She is one of the voices Rey hears in the movie. All voices she hears are dead jedi.

I do think most of season 2 would be Ahsoka on Peridia and maybe a couple shots of Thrawn causing chaos, with the finale setting up the movie where they finally face each other.
Not necessarily. I don't know if they had any intentions of doing more Ahsoka stuff when that movie was made and it was really just an easter egg for the hardcore fans. With the World between Worlds, time is a little fluid for both the living and the dead. It could as easily be explained as something related to that.

Reactions: CycloneEggie

twojman

Jun 1, 2006
Clive
Anyone kind of over all the Star Wars stuff? I'm going through Ahsoka with my son. We watched episode 6 a couple nights ago and I felt like I'm just done. Give me some movies occasionally and that'll do.

• Winner
Reactions: Gorm

CloniesForLife

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 22, 2015
Anyone kind of over all the Star Wars stuff? I'm going through Ahsoka with my son. We watched episode 6 a couple nights ago and I felt like I'm just done. Give me some movies occasionally and that'll do.
Has there really been that much?

Bigman38

SuperFanatic
Jul 27, 2010
Council Bluffs, IA

They're getting close to that limit for me. Thought I've heard they were pulling back a bit on the streaming Marvel and Star Wars series?

Gorm

With any luck we will be there by Tuesday.
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jul 6, 2010
Cedar Rapids, IA

Disney over saturated the Star Wars content. It is no longer a "big event" when a new Star Wars IP comes out. The branding partners for Star Wars are furious at Disney for ruining the brand which used to be evergreen.

Bet you can't wait for The Acolyte. :D

Gorm

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jul 6, 2010
Cedar Rapids, IA
They're getting close to that limit for me. Thought I've heard they were pulling back a bit on the streaming Marvel and Star Wars series?

They green lighted a lot of series over the last 2 or 3 years that still need to come out. We likely won't see the effects of Disney's "belt tightening" or the writer strike until later next year.

tman24

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Feb 6, 2008
Disney over saturated the Star Wars content. It is no longer a "big event" when a new Star Wars IP comes out. The branding partners for Star Wars are furious at Disney for ruining the brand which used to be evergreen.

Bet you can't wait for The Acolyte. :D

Well if the seasons are only 8 episodes long. They need to have multiple series going. Not sure what the branding partners are expecting.

Gorm

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jul 6, 2010
Cedar Rapids, IA
Well if the seasons are only 8 episodes long. They need to have multiple series going. Not sure what the branding partners are expecting.

They expect to make money after paying Disney to license their IP in order to promote their own products.