Star Wars Expanded Universe Thread

tman24

Feb 6, 2008
As someone who hasn't watched the animated series I felt like I missed a lot on this episode. Wasn't my favorite but glad it was great for everyone who has that background!
With how Dave works it's semi important to see his other stuff. He loves pulling random tidbits and expanding on them. Most of the time barely anyone remembers.

Frak

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 27, 2009
Agreed. I liked 4 a little better, but this was still really good.

I'm stating to side with the New Republic Senators, though. We need to see this big bad they're all afraid of pretty soon.

Yeah I wonder whether Thrawn is the start of the new order and this story eventually connects to TFA.

It’s kind of funny to think about…Palpatine went through this whole elaborate plan that resulted in millions of people getting killed just to rule the galaxy for like 20 years. He would have probably been better off just kicking back and living a senators life.

Reactions: khardbored

jdcyclone19

Apr 14, 2017
Iowa
Wow. A lot to unpack in This episode.

I will say with how thrawn was portrayed in the books, I wish he was played by an actor that had that chiseled solider a physique like the books described. Maybe I just need to reevaluate my Thrawn expectations after all these years, he is like 20-30 years older now than the books.

Last edited:

WISCY1895

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Nov 25, 2009

I will say with how thrawn was portrayed in the books, I wish he was played by an actor that had that chiseled solider a physique like the books described. Maybe I just need to reevaluate my Thrawn expectations after all these years.
Lars Mikkelsen is so good with the voice and his mannerisms I can get over that he isn’t a chiseled soldier. I really enjoyed this episode. I would say the 2 previous were better but I still really enjoyed it.

houjix

Jul 21, 2021

I will say with how thrawn was portrayed in the books, I wish he was played by an actor that had that chiseled solider a physique like the books described. Maybe I just need to reevaluate my Thrawn expectations after all these years, he is like 20-30 years older now than the books.
Could have used a girdle at least.

tman24

Feb 6, 2008
My first nitpik, so the nightsister knew of this place and knew how her ancestors traveled to it, yet some reason needed a map to get there?

For Thrawn they are fortunate to have the time skip, but i also dont think they picked the tightest outfit. But I still love the calculated speaking. I didn't expect his troopers to be as dirty as they were, but maybe he doesnt care and leaves that for his golden face trooper to run. I am hoping we see what the other ask was when he said "I shall once again ask for you aid with your dark magik". And finally I wonder if Thrawn will **** his pants, when he finds out that Ahsoka's Master is Anakin. (for those that havent read the thrawn books, one whole book is of them working together and one of the few that knew Anakin turns to Vader, which doesnt seem to be that big of a secret anymore)

Finally seeing Ezra is awesome. Its amazing how they made him sound very similar. I assumed he would have been holed up somewhere like Obi-Wan. Wonder how much his Jedi skills have grown?

Bret44

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Sep 8, 2009
Cedar River Valley
The last two episodes have been fantastic.

I loved how the pieced together the armor for the stormtroopers.

I have always loved the Thrawn Character, his voice, his mannerisms, how calculated he is.

I like Mikkelsen, but anyone else get a "Star Wars Elon Musk" vibe by his look?

SCNCY

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Sep 11, 2009
La Fox, IL
My first nitpik, so the nightsister knew of this place and knew how her ancestors traveled to it, yet some reason needed a map to get there?

For Thrawn they are fortunate to have the time skip, but i also dont think they picked the tightest outfit. But I still love the calculated speaking. I didn't expect his troopers to be as dirty as they were, but maybe he doesnt care and leaves that for his golden face trooper to run. I am hoping we see what the other ask was when he said "I shall once again ask for you aid with your dark magik". And finally I wonder if Thrawn will **** his pants, when he finds out that Ahsoka's Master is Anakin. (for those that havent read the thrawn books, one whole book is of them working together and one of the few that knew Anakin turns to Vader, which doesnt seem to be that big of a secret anymore)

Finally seeing Ezra is awesome. Its amazing how they made him sound very similar. I assumed he would have been holed up somewhere like Obi-Wan. Wonder how much his Jedi skills have grown?

I think where we are in the overall timeline of Star Wars, the Galaxy doesn't know that Darth Vader was Anakin. It eventually comes out and is one of the reasons why Leia is distanced from the New Republic government. I think right now, Leia is still be apart of the New Republic government.

WISCY1895

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Nov 25, 2009
I think where we are in the overall timeline of Star Wars, the Galaxy doesn't know that Darth Vader was Anakin. It eventually comes out and is one of the reasons why Leia is distanced from the New Republic government. I think right now, Leia is still be apart of the New Republic government.
Star Wars Bloodline is a fantastic book if you want more insights about this exact topic. There is also an audiobook as well

WISCY1895

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Nov 25, 2009

Interesting video if you have played Fallen Order and watched the most recent episode of Ahsoka

WISCY1895

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Nov 25, 2009
Wasn’t my favorite episode of the season. Still pretty good. Crazy next week is already the season 1 finale

GBlade

Mar 9, 2014
Not as great as Episode 5 but this series is still cooking.
  • Cameo from a certain droid
    • Tie-in with sequel trilogy?
    • Setup for Ashoka movie?
  • Chopper gonna stab a senator
  • Another Anakin cameo
  • Huyang
  • Got a taste of what Thrawn is about
  • Ezra force fu
  • Baylon steels every scene
Questions I hope they can wrap up in episode 8:
  • What is Thrawn loading that is so important?
  • What's up with Baylon? Are we going to have unanswered questions as the is actor unavailable?
  • Is Shin going to stick with Thrawn or join up with the crew?

• Winner