TCU Forfeiting tonight & Saturday in Hilton

Clonefan32

Nov 19, 2008
This is insanity to me. This is D1 basketball. I don't care if you have to grab a few warm bodies off the volleyball team, you play. Wasn't it one of Fred's first years he got a couple football players to be on the bench just in case?

Three4Cy

Jan 19, 2010
West Des Moines
This is insanity to me. This is D1 basketball. I don't care if you have to grab a few warm bodies off the volleyball team, you play. Wasn't it one of Fred's first years he got a couple football players to be on the bench just in case?
We brought over Tenisha Matlock to play for us in 2013-2014.

Pope

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Feb 7, 2015
Wonder how many thousands of dollars this will cost our athletic department. I'm guessing they're pretty pissed about this. This doesn't even happen at the high school level.

mred

Oct 19, 2006
SE WI
bball.notnothing.net
We brought over Tenisha Matlock to play for us in 2013-2014.

And T&F thrower Susan Sherman in 02-03.

"Kriener's injury leaves Iowa State with just nine healthy scholarship players, plus walk-ons Kandice Beenken and Susan Sherman, who is also a weight thrower for the Cyclones' track team. Sherman, a 6-1 center, and Holly Bordewyk, a 6-1 forward, have the most size among Iowa State's reserves."

• Informative
Reactions: WartburgClone

MJ29

Aug 21, 2020
TCU WBB is holding open tryouts for their team per their twitter feed.

• Haha
Reactions: CYaeger

mred

Oct 19, 2006
SE WI
bball.notnothing.net

I'm male, do not attend TCU, last played organized basketball in 6th grade, have no intention of visiting the TCU Health Center for a physical, don't feel like signing up with Jessie Craig ahead of time, and have no intention of traveling down to TCU for the tryout. Plus, I likely do not have eligibility remaining because I originally started college in 1997. Other than that, I think I have a solid shot of making the team.

Clonefan32

Nov 19, 2008

I saw it's for the "remainder of the year". They had 10 girls appear in their game on the 13th. What in the world could have happened in the 4 days to now need to hold open tryouts for girls for the remainder of the season?

Reactions: aauummm

Clonefan32

Nov 19, 2008
I'm male, do not attend TCU, last played organized basketball in 6th grade, have no intention of visiting the TCU Health Center for a physical, don't feel like signing up with Jessie Craig ahead of time, and have no intention of traveling down to TCU for the tryout. Plus, I likely do not have eligibility remaining because I originally started college in 1997. Other than that, I think I have a solid shot of making the team.

Man, I feel for Jessie Craig right now. Lots of random e-mails headed his/her way.

mred

Oct 19, 2006
SE WI
bball.notnothing.net
Man, I feel for Jessie Craig right now. Lots of random e-mails headed his/her way.
She's one of five assistants listed on TCU's roster. I didn't think that was allowed, but a year ago, the NCAA increased the number of allowed coaches by two, although those extra two cannot recruit off-campus. They are just allowed to do player instruction at a level they were not allowed to before.

Cupped

Feb 11, 2016
I realize rescheduling games is difficult, but apparently impossible? Doesn't sound as if they are even considering that option.

NorthCyd

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Aug 22, 2011
I saw it's for the "remainder of the year". They had 10 girls appear in their game on the 13th. What in the world could have happened in the 4 days to now need to hold open tryouts for girls for the remainder of the season?
Well if a couple of girls got injured I could see holding tryouts if you are down to 8 or 9 players for the rest of the season. Hard to practice with that few players. Still doesn't explain why they couldn't play a couple of games with that number.

VeloClone

Jan 19, 2010
Brooklyn Park, MN
Well if a couple of girls got injured I could see holding tryouts if you are down to 8 or 9 players for the rest of the season. Hard to practice with that few players. Still doesn't explain why they couldn't play a couple of games with that number.
They feel like they have a chances of winning approaching zero and they would rather use that time elsewhere. I don't think it is right either but I'm sure that is where they are.

• Agree
Reactions: Cyclonsin