The Fran fade

BCClone

Well Seen Member.
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Sep 4, 2011
Not exactly sure.
His ankle was fine. He played 37 mins and had 25 and 8 in a game 2 days before ISU. You don’t do that on an ankle that’s hurt. No reason to look for things to devalue ISU’s win over WI.

WI simply couldn’t handle ISU defense/intensity since it was nothing they’ve seen before.
Big ten is a defense optional league.

GoHawks

Jul 12, 2009
His ankle was fine. He played 37 mins and had 25 and 8 in a game 2 days before ISU. You don’t do that on an ankle that’s hurt. No reason to look for things to devalue ISU’s win over WI.

WI simply couldn’t handle ISU defense/intensity since it was nothing they’ve seen before.
He said the day before the game his ankle was sore I don't think he'd lie about that. The defense was definitely the difference

GoHawks

Jul 12, 2009
WI would have finished in about the middle of the Big 12 standings if that and were soft all year. It's hard to use the 'beaten up' deal when you don't play a good defense for over 2 months of the season.

Davison's antics showed just how much of a house of cards they were when they got guarded.
Wisconsin would of definitely finished below Kansas, Baylor, and Texas Tech at minimum. Them and Texas were probably close to equals you could argue Texas above them so I'd agree with mid pack. I don't think Wisconsin was a good 3 seed at all which was my original point and Big 12 was best league in country last year

qwerty

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 3, 2020
Muscatine, IA
I started to chuckle at this on YouTube then realized they were talking about a different McCaffrey family

1667444798104.png

CyPunch

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
May 3, 2019
Sandy Springs, GA
I don't get that at all. They were 25-6 in a good conference and they beat Texas tech and Wisconsin in the non conference. Calling them the weakest 4 is just stupid. They gave Kansas the champion arguably its toughest game in the tournament too. Agree to disagree

Historically weak*. Y'all were salivating over the draw and rightfully so.

mikeiastat

Feb 1, 2007
Madison, WI
Which is pretty normal for a 12 seed. Iowa state got the dream draw I think you're referencing. I know Pollard was on the committee too so I think this was a simple mistake

The dream draw of a dog $hit Big 10 team. Oh wait you all are used to that lucky draw every big ten game and tournament. Lol