The Fran fade

Statefan10

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
May 20, 2019
I personally love the sunshine pumping after beating a mediocre Division 2 team.

Reactions: exCYtable

Rural

Feb 3, 2010
The Hlas article only makes two what I consider wild assumptions, not bad really.

He's really in a tough spot trying to write about them.

Reactions: Statefan10

Statefan10

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
May 20, 2019
I didn't watch any of the game so idk how many points they gave up in garbage time er something, so I'll hold off judgement on that. I already know they're going to be poor defensively.

What is eye opening, however, is what that Dunky guy on here said in that there were quite a few guys who struggled in this game defensively, including Patrick. That's horrible.

Statefan10

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
May 20, 2019
Alright I just watched the first half condensed highlights.. It was the first game against a poor opponent so I'll hold off on a lot of criticisms but it was not pretty. A lot of Iowa's points came in the first half came in some sort of transition from turnovers. Iowa shot a ton of threes (and made a lot which helped them extend a lead that was close for 50% of the first half). And Iowa's defense was indeed bad.

I wouldn't take anything away from this game whether it was good or bad. It's a head scratcher to play a game like this because as far as competition goes, it does you no good.

BillBrasky4Cy

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Dec 10, 2013
Alright I just watched the first half condensed highlights.. It was the first game against a poor opponent so I'll hold off on a lot of criticisms but it was not pretty. A lot of Iowa's points came in the first half came in some sort of transition from turnovers. Iowa shot a ton of threes (and made a lot which helped them extend a lead that was close for 50% of the first half). And Iowa's defense was indeed bad.

I wouldn't take anything away from this game whether it was good or bad. It's a head scratcher to play a game like this because as far as competition goes, it does you no good.

Iowa is notorious for running it up on dog sh!t teams.... Honestly, we probably won't know much about them until they play Duke on 12/6. Their holiday tournament is pretty soft.

iahawks

Sep 7, 2012
Tough to tell given opponent. I like Perkins a lot, love Connor hitting 3s and shooting them with confidence if that carries over would be huge. I didn't love defense early on and that it appears Ogundele and Mulvey still will not be ready. Rebounding could be a problem with this team
Rebounding and defense will be the big concerns for sure. Was hoping for more development from Mulvey, but it seems like he may have taken a step back and not forward.

Cyinthenorth

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 29, 2013
Dubuque
I'll never forget the week long love fest from the media to Iowa after they won the Big 10 tourney....just glorious. It was almost better that they won it. Made the fall that much better.
And for their fans to have to walk back the whole "conference tournament championships are meaningless" opinion they tried to argue with us about for the past near-decade.

Statefan10

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
May 20, 2019
And for their fans to have to walk back the whole "conference tournament championships are meaningless" opinion they tried to argue with us about for the past near-decade.
I was in Kinnick this year for the CyHawk game and they honored the Iowa Bball team for their Big 10 Tournament Championship, which was weird to do it then considering we absolutely demolished them and had a better year than them. But, there were some Iowa fans that were chirping ISU fans and like gloating about it..

Me and some other ISU fans were like "we've literally won 4 of the last 9 of those in our conference" lol.

CyPunch

May 3, 2019
Sandy Springs, GA
I'll never forget the week long love fest from the media to Iowa after they won the Big 10 tourney....just glorious. It was almost better that they won it. Made the fall that much better.

It 1000% made it better to have them ALL in. The historically easy tourney draw as well.

• Haha
Reactions: mj4cy

Cyinthenorth

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 29, 2013
Dubuque
Historically easy? That's ridiculous you could argue 5 was an overseed but Richmond as a 12 and providence as a 4 in Buffalo was no easy draw.
No, he's right. I remember looking at that draw and almost wondering if the committee, which Gary Barta was on unless I'm mistaken, was setting Iowa up perfectly and intentionally for a Final 4 run. Richmond as a 12...lol...they wouldn't have made the NIT had they not won the A10 tournament.

GoHawks

Jul 12, 2009
No, he's right. I remember looking at that draw and almost wondering if the committee, which Gary Barta was on unless I'm mistaken, was set up perfectly for Iowa to make a Final 4 run. Richmond as a 12...lol...they wouldn't have made the NIT had they not won the A10 tournament.
Which is pretty normal for a 12 seed. Iowa state got the dream draw I think you're referencing. I know Pollard was on the committee too so I think this was a simple mistake

Statefan10

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
May 20, 2019
Which is pretty normal for a 12 seed. Iowa state got the dream draw I think you're referencing. I know Pollard was on the committee too so I think this will a simple mistake
LSU was certainly an easy draw but playing the Big 10 Champs in their own backyard is not what I'd call easy lol. Also Richmond was not a good team.