Tim Floyd

herbicide

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 23, 2006
Ankeny, IA
I'm sorry, what I meant to say is that USC when Floyd was there was better than ISU the last couple of years. That is why I want him back, is because he can win here.

Ah, gotcha.

Floyd and LE's teams, even the bad ones seemed to have good mental toughness.

herbicide

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 23, 2006
Ankeny, IA
They were seeded 6th in the NCAA tournament just 2 or 3 years ago. So yes they were much better than ISU. They actually made post seasons under Floyd.

I thought he was comparing Floyd's years here vs. Floyd's years at USC.

ISU4Life

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Dec 15, 2008
Alright people stop living and dewelling in the past, rally around the coach and cheer these guys on, we have four new guys playing a lot of minutues and we just need to gell

kingcy

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Sep 16, 2006
Menlo, Iowa
While he was here, Floyd's program was clean. Our grades/graduation since hasn't been much if any better.

No, running non-contributors off scholarships is not dirty in my book.

Do you really think it was clean? There are rules in place because of the way he recurited. He would run to many players off and some would get ****** because of it.

herbicide

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 23, 2006
Ankeny, IA
I don't think so. Floyd jumped jobs every 4-6 years for his entire career for a reason. His recruiting and running players off to recruit over them got us into the NCAA's but it also started us on the road that led to a 6% graduation rate at one point and loss of scholarships...after he was gone. His recruiting got USC into the NCAA's but also led to the NCAA investigation and their self imposed postseason ban and scholarship loss....after he was gone. Floyd's methods can build a great team for a year or two. They can't build a dynasty.

If you want to have a 20+ win team right away and don't care what price you have to pay later, Tim Floyd is your man. If you want to build a dynasty that will last for years, he is not.

1. Every job he took was a major step up, from UNO to ISU to the Bulls!!!
  2. Most major programs "run players off" when they have the opportunity to get better players. Why do you think there are so many transfers???
  3. The low graduation % was mainly due to the players going pro (skipping last semester) and transfers.
  4. He was well on his way to building a dynasty, Hinrich, Collison, etc. would of wore ISU jerseys had he not went to the Bulls. The year before he got screwed by the clearinghouse on a few recruits.

thatguy

May 29, 2009
DENVER
Everyone on here is jealous of KU and Texas but they won't do what it takes to compete with those teams. So if you are OK with being 8th or 9th in the Big 12 and fighting for a NIT invite support Greg McDermott.

MadCy

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 9, 2006
Madison, WI
Has he said he wants to come back? If so, what is the source? If he hasn't, what is the point in even talking about it? This horse has been beaten to death. Might as well be talking about if we'd take Mack Brown back.

thatguy

May 29, 2009
DENVER
Says the guy who starts a thread about bringing back the guy still under investigation for paying players???:confused:

When he gets proven guilty let me know. I'm not saying he didn't do it, but being investigated and being proven guilty are pretty far apart.

ISU4Life

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Dec 15, 2008
Hahahahahahahahahahaha
I guess Ignorance is Bliss. Wow if you honestly believe this you sir, are truly a moron.

I guess I'm a moron? Dendy, Gilstrap, Colvin, and Christopherson; all playing major role

Reactions: CycloneErik

thatguy

May 29, 2009
DENVER
Has he said he wants to come back? If so, what is the source? If he hasn't, what is the point in even talking about it? This horse has been beaten to death. Might as well be talking about if we'd take Mack Brown back.

Just trying to have a little hope for the future, just a smij

thatguy

May 29, 2009
DENVER
I guess I'm a moron? Dendy, Gilstrap, Colvin, and Christopherson; all playing major role

Ya and doing so well.:jimlad:
Just because you have young guys playing doesn't mean that is a good thing. But your probably one of those, "it is a process" guys.

herbicide

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 23, 2006
Ankeny, IA

This is an internet message board. People like to discuss things on them, sometimes things that are never going to happen, and the people discussing them know it, but choose to discuss anyway.

If you don't want to read it, don't.

ISU4Life

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Dec 15, 2008
Floyd is a step up, only slightly, from Bob Huggins. Enough said.

thatguy

May 29, 2009
DENVER
Floyd is a step up, only slightly, from Bob Huggins. Enough said.

so you are saying you wouldn't take Bob Huggins here? He has won everywhere and even his cronies are in the top 10 at KSU.
Please remove dunce cap and join reality.