Tim Floyd

ISU4Life

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Dec 15, 2008
When he gets proven guilty let me know. I'm not saying he didn't do it, but being investigated and being proven guilty are pretty far apart.

Oh so do you also believe OJ didn't do it

clone96cr

Apr 11, 2006
Cedar Rapids
Well, we may have a couple great years, followed by sanctions. I don't know, but I would rather field a clean .500 team than a top 10 team that is dirty. That's just me though.

Having said that, I would be in favor of bringing Eustachy back. I, for one, didn't really think he should have been fired in the first place.

Glad to see a fellow Eustachy fan. I firmly believe his salary is what go him fired, but his extra curriculars were the excuse (albeit a valid excuse).

herbicide

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 23, 2006
Ankeny, IA
Glad to see a fellow Eustachy fan. I firmly believe his salary is what go him fired, but his extra curriculars were the excuse (albeit a valid excuse).

His salary + not winning + VanDeVelde + pictures = fired.

pulse

Mar 24, 2006
Would you be willing to bring him back? I know his baggage is heavy, but right now I would love a competitive basketball team.

Absolutely. I'll give him money for the duffel bag too.. I'm not joking either.

MontyBurns

Jan 27, 2008
Every job he took was a major step up, from UNO to ISU to the Bulls!!!

No it wasn't. Bulls to Hornets - step down. Hornets to USC - step down. USC to unemployed - step down.

Most major programs "run players off" when they have the opportunity to get better players. Why do you think there are so many transfers???
No, they don't. The NCAA has rules to prohibit it and penalize programs for poor academic progress and graduation rates. And it is not possible to sustain recruiting pipelines doing this. If ISU screws over players from Chicago over and over for example, HS coaches there are going to shut the doors and steer their players elsewhere.

The low graduation % was mainly due to the players going pro (skipping last semester) and transfers.

Floyd coached 5 future NBA players at ISU and at least two of them -- Hoiberg & Shirley -- graduated. He had a lot more non-graduating players than the other three.

He was well on his way to building a dynasty, Hinrich, Collison, etc. would of wore ISU jerseys had he not went to the Bulls. The year before he got screwed by the clearinghouse on a few recruits.
If Floyd hadn't gone to the Bulls he would have gone somewhere else. He is a coach who is very capable of winning a lot of games in a short period of time. He is not a coach who is capable of building a dynasty. His record speaks for itself.

Madclone1

Oct 21, 2007
Timmy Floyd should NEVER coach again . . here or anywhere else. The NCAA would have ISU on probation in 3 years with Timmy Boy at the helm.

herbicide

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 23, 2006
Ankeny, IA
No it wasn't. Bulls to Hornets - step down. Hornets to USC - step down. USC to unemployed - step down.

No, they don't. The NCAA has rules to prohibit it and penalize programs for poor academic progress and graduation rates. And it is not possible to sustain recruiting pipelines doing this. If ISU screws over players from Chicago over and over for example, HS coaches there are going to shut the doors and steer their players elsewhere.

Floyd coached 5 future NBA players at ISU and at least two of them -- Hoiberg & Shirley -- graduated. He had a lot more non-graduating players than the other three.

If Floyd hadn't gone to the Bulls he would have gone somewhere else. He is a coach who is very capable of winning a lot of games in a short period of time. He is not a coach who is capable of building a dynasty. His record speaks for itself.

Whatever you say.

Madclone1

Oct 21, 2007
Whatever you say.

He is spot on . . Floyd is nuclear and we are not Southern Cal. The NCAA would slap ISU around (just like they did on the Steiger case). The Big Bad NCAA loves to use the ISUs of the world to prove just how tough they are . . while they kiss the collective rear ends of the Big Money programs. Why? $$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$

herbicide

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 23, 2006
Ankeny, IA
He is spot on . . Floyd is nuclear and we are not Southern Cal. The NCAA would slap ISU around (just like they did on the Steiger case). The Big Bad NCAA loves to use the ISUs of the world to prove just how tough they are . . while they kiss the collective rear ends of the Big Money programs. Why? $$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$

I can't believe people can sit here and say he is not a good college coach and discount the facts.

I'll eat crow the day they find him guilty...

erikbj

Aug 31, 2006
hiawatha, ia
I like Floyd & LE and would take them in a heart beat right now over what ISU has. McD has had 4 years and done NOTHING, except lose players to other programs and lose games. 0 wins over top 25 opponents in 4 years. The sad thing is McD is probably the best person of the group, however he can't win basketball games and I want a coach who will bring ISU back to where they were in the 90's and early 00's.

WalkingCY

Sep 26, 2008
Kansas City
Yes, I would take him back.

The guy we have now is 0-14 against ranked opponets.....and in his 4th year....showing no signs of knowing what is going on....or what it takes to win in the B12. Hell yes...I would take him back in a heartbeat.