MLB: Trevor Bauer Exonerated?

Bret44

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Sep 8, 2009
Cedar River Valley
Bauer, who was cut by the Dodgers and banned from the MLB for two years for sexual abuse, released this video on X (Twitter) yesterday.

Turns out the woman (according to him and his receipts) set the whole thing up from the beginning and lied about it. Whole lot of people with egg on their face over this.

• Wow
Reactions: Didley

CYdTracked

Mar 23, 2006
Grimes, IA
Maybe? He still played some role in being involved with some crazy people so still has some accountability there on his part when it comes to his character and integrity. This might open the door up for him to return to the MLB again but the bad PR cloud still probably will still play a factor as to the level of interest he gets.

Clonehomer

Apr 11, 2006
Maybe? He still played some role in being involved with some crazy people so still has some accountability there on his part when it comes to his character and integrity. This might open the door up for him to return to the MLB again but the bad PR cloud still probably will still play a factor as to the level of interest he gets.

Maybe Cleveland will take him? That city doesn’t seem to care about sexual assault allegations as long as they think you can win them games. I’d assume that’d carry over to their baseball team as well.

BCClone

Well Seen Member.
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Sep 4, 2011
Not exactly sure.
I have no idea if the other claims have merit. And if they are true, Bauer deserves to go to jail

However, anyone can make claims. But since the first claim was shown to be completely false, one would question the legitimacy of the other claims
It’s women like this first one that hurts everyone and the court system. Women get believed less when it happens, men have to defend false claims and be leery of gold diggers and the system wasted time on money searchers.

WooBadger18

Sep 5, 2012
On Wisconsin
I have no idea if the other claims have merit. And if they are true, Bauer deserves to go to jail

However, anyone can make claims. But since the first claim was shown to be completely false, one would question the legitimacy of the other claims
Why does one claim being false make it more or less likely that the other claims are false?

I understand why someone would be more skeptical, but it’s the same reasoning as thinking that a fair coin will land a certain way based on past results.

WooBadger18

Sep 5, 2012
On Wisconsin
It’s women like this first one that hurts everyone and the court system. Women get believed less when it happens, men have to defend false claims and be leery of gold diggers and the system wasted time on money searchers.
I kind of disagree. I’m sure it makes a very small difference, but I don’t think a lot of the people disbelieving women are doing so based on previous false accusations.

Cyhig

Nov 29, 2017
Why does one claim being false make it more or less likely that the other claims are false?

I understand why someone would be more skeptical, but it’s the same reasoning as thinking that a fair coin will land a certain way based on past results.
Again, not saying the other claims are false.... but if the first claim turned out to be false, are the others true? Did these other people only make claims because someone else made a similar claim?

One is far more skeptical of the remaining allegations. Again, it doesn't mean the other allegations are also false, but people will be far more skeptical

NorthCyd

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Aug 22, 2011
simpsons-leaving.gif

Latest posts

Help Support Us

Become a patron