MLB: Trevor Bauer Exonerated?

FriendlySpartan

Jul 26, 2021
I kind of disagree. I’m sure it makes a very small difference, but I don’t think a lot of the people disbelieving women are doing so based on previous false accusations.
Possibly true but the duke lacrosse case was thrown around for a couple years by a lot of people who were accused. To your point I don’t think that truly sways anyone just reinforces the beliefs they already had.

BCClone

Well Seen Member.
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Sep 4, 2011
Not exactly sure.
Sure, but I’m guess that you, Cyhig, and a lot of the “Bauer fanboys” don’t know him personally. I was referring more to situations like this.
I didn’t say we knew him. I’m talking about people who have had false assault or harassment claims made against them or someone you know.

WooBadger18

Sep 5, 2012
On Wisconsin
Again, not saying the other claims are false.... but if the first claim turned out to be false, are the others true? Did these other people only make claims because someone else made a similar claim?

One is far more skeptical of the remaining allegations. Again, it doesn't mean the other allegations are also false, but people will be far more skeptical
They might have come forward with their claims because someone else did first, but that doesn’t make it more likely that their claims are false or that you should be more skeptical of their claims

WooBadger18

Sep 5, 2012
On Wisconsin
I didn’t say we knew him. I’m talking about people who have had false assault or harassment claims made against them or someone you know.
I don’t think your post was clear that you were referring to situations where you personally knew the accused but ok

Cyhig

Nov 29, 2017
They might have come forward with their claims because someone else did first, but that doesn’t make it more likely that their claims are false or that you should be more skeptical of their claims
If they came forward with near identical accounts as the initial claim, yes,,, one can easily be more skeptical of their claims

Edit: why wouldn't anyone be more skeptical? Again, not saying their claims are also false, but if they all had a similar story to an initial case that turned out to be false, why wouldn't people stop and ask themselves if the other cases have validity or not?

Bigman38

SuperFanatic
Jul 27, 2010
Council Bluffs, IA
His contract was voided over false allegations. He has grounds to sue.

This came up in the KU thread as a hypothetical. What makes you so sure of that? The MLB suspensions aren’t beholden to the eventual outcome in the courts. Even if they were their decision wasn’t based on this one account.

I’m no lawyer but I don’t see how the MLB is culpable at all.

Drew0311

Nov 7, 2019
Norwalk, Iowa
At the very minimum this accuser should have to go do a public apology on Youtube or some other platform. I would think she should do jail time also. This does not just hurt Trevor Bauer, this hurts anyone with a legit case against Trevor Bauer if one of the other women does have a real case. We shall see if someone has a real case. Bauer seems pretty confident in the other cases as well.

TomTreebow

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Sep 20, 2012
This came up in the KU thread as a hypothetical. What makes you so sure of that? The MLB suspensions aren’t beholden to the eventual outcome in the courts. Even if they were their decision wasn’t based on this one account.

MLB also certainly has much more detail than we have just listening to one side of the story for one accuser. A lot of people oddly eager to jump back on a weird, weird bandwagon here. The Dodger clubhouse jumped at the opportunity to not have to deal with this guy again.

LeaningCy

Jan 18, 2008

Right. Just because they settled this case, it does not mean he is exonerated in this case or the others that are still pending. MLB was within its rights to suspend him regardless of the outcome of the criminal cases.

"Under MLB policy, a player can be suspended even if he was not charged with a crime. After an investigation that included interviews with Hill and other women who had made similar allegations against Bauer, Commissioner Rob Manfred suspended him for two years, later reduced by an arbitrator to 194 games.

The Dodgers released Bauer in January, paying him the $22.5 million owed for this season. Under the suspension, Bauer lost $37.5 million in salary from his three-year, $102-million contract."

Clonefan32

Nov 19, 2008
It's a tough one. Doesn't appear to be any doubt her goal was to finesse him, which is a pretty deplorable thing to do. But if I recall correctly she had some pretty serious injuries. I get people have their kinks and all, but between this and the other accusers it would appear what he just views as "rough" is probably more assaultive. I guess I don't blame any MLB team from deciding to distance themselves from him based on the totality of it.

• Dumb
Reactions: crawfy54

TXCyclones

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Sep 13, 2011
TX
Maybe? He still played some role in being involved with some crazy people so still has some accountability there on his part when it comes to his character and integrity. This might open the door up for him to return to the MLB again but the bad PR cloud still probably will still play a factor as to the level of interest he gets.

"And President Lincoln shouldn't have gone to the theater!"

• Haha
Reactions: BillyClone and CY22

BCClone

Well Seen Member.
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Sep 4, 2011
Not exactly sure.
It's a tough one. Doesn't appear to be any doubt her goal was to finesse him, which is a pretty deplorable thing to do. But if I recall correctly she had some pretty serious injuries. I get people have their kinks and all, but between this and the other accusers it would appear what he just views as "rough" is probably more assaultive. I guess I don't blame any MLB team from deciding to distance themselves from him based on the totality of it.
Way it sounds, it’s a different woman who had the injuries. In his video he slowed a video she took the next morning and didn’t appear to have injuries.

Reactions: Drew0311

BCClone

Well Seen Member.
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Sep 4, 2011
Not exactly sure.
One thing that no one has mentioned is the lawyer needs to have some timeout also. Her lawyer, the prosecution, didn’t hand over all the evidence if I heard the video right. I thought the prosecution had to turn over all their evidence to the defense. If I’m mistaken then I guess the lawyer is fine.

Reactions: Drew0311 and Cyhig