Tyrese Hunter Enters Portal Again

NorthCyd

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Aug 22, 2011
It's amazing that he can get a massive payday and then a freshman comes in for us that was a much lower rated recruit, and just ends up being a better overall player than Hunter. Frankly, I'm glad Hunter is gone because Lipsey is the clearly the better player.
Lipsey was considered one of the top recruits in the country before his injury.

CYEATHAWK

Aug 26, 2007
I wasn't at that game, but if you want to voice your disagreement, boo him at announcements, then move on. If you are continually booing a 19-22 year old kid because they transferred is a you problem. We don't know the whole situation.

I was at the game with my daughter................and it was flat out embarrassing. He didn't have to honor his recruitment once the coach that recruited him moved on....but he did.

And here is all you need to know about the about hatred being thrown at Tyrese by ISU fans.....................he was a Steve Prohm recruit. That's it and that's all.

You think for a second if Omaha Biliew comes into Hilton the student section will be blurting "F Biliew" the entire game? Heck.......some might even give him a golf clap during intro's. This really isn't difficult. And if you have been on Cyclonefanatic for any amount of time it's as clear as day.

cyclonespiker33

SuperFanatic
Jan 19, 2011
I was at the game with my daughter................and it was flat out embarrassing. He didn't have to honor his recruitment once the coach that recruited him moved on....but he did.

And here is all you need to know about the about hatred being thrown at Tyrese by ISU fans.....................he was a Steve Prohm recruit. That's it and that's all.

You think for a second if Omaha Biliew comes into Hilton the student section will be blurting "F Biliew" the entire game? Heck.......some might even give him a golf clap during intro's. This really isn't difficult. And if you have been on Cyclonefanatic for any amount of time it's as clear as day.
He talked trash about Iowa State on his way out. If you dish it out expect the same in return.

Omaha seems like a stand-up kid. I doubt he will say anything negative about Iowa State. That's why he won't get booed.

Cyforce

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Nov 24, 2009
Des Moines

In general college students are idiots so I don't see any relevance.

IASTATE07

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
May 30, 2016
He talked trash about Iowa State on his way out. If you dish it out expect the same in return.

Omaha seems like a stand-up kid. I doubt he will say anything negative about Iowa State. That's why he won't get booed.

What did Tyrese say?

Reactions: JP4CY

CloneLawman

Fortis Non Ferox
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 13, 2006
Wherever I go, there I am.
The "bad character" angle is mostly a coping mechanism that people employ to help themselves feel better about him leaving Iowa State. I have no idea if the $840k number is correct, but even if it's half that, it was still 4-5 times what Iowa State was able to offer at the time. Seizing the opportunity to get life changing money isn't bad character. He didn't rob a bank or scam a charity. He decided to play basketball for a different school than the one I like. If that's the worst strike against his character, then he's doing just fine, I think.
I dunno...

:mccaffery:

80550-cb3dc36b5655f01ac2465212b4ed48a7-1.jpg

• Haha
  • Funny
Reactions: NENick and JP4CY

Chitowncy

SuperFanatic
Jan 14, 2009
Ames

Where did he talk trash? Maybe I missed it. That would change the facts, but where's your source to substantiate this?

I think booing a past player like Hunter who played hard while he was here, was upstanding, honored his commitment to ISU and a new coach, and then left to take a lot of money at another school is a horrible precedent to set. Particularly someone with his rough upbringing and tragedy in his family. Context matters.

I bet those of you booing have never been booed before (or done anything of athletic significance for that matter).

Cyrealist

Sep 25, 2013
The two aren't really comparable. Hunter left when he was believed to be the centerpiece of the team. Omaha was having difficulty getting on the floor. One left for money, the other left for playing time. It's possible Hunter left believing Tamin would take his starting spot, but I doubt it. His time in Texas wasn't a success, but with the promise he showed as a freshman, I think it's possible he could do very well at a school that allowed him to take a greater leadership role. Probably not a top 25, but someplace like Iowa.

Reactions: HoustonClone

Cyrealist

Sep 25, 2013
I think booing a past player like Hunter who played hard while he was here, was upstanding, honored his commitment to ISU and a new coach, and then left to take a lot of money at another school is a horrible precedent to set. Particularly someone with his rough upbringing and tragedy in his family. Context matters.
If you leave to go to the most hated school in the conference, fans are almost obligated to boo you. Deal with it.

MJ271

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Aug 9, 2012
Atkins

To be fair, some of that (at least publically) came as a result of Kalscheur doing the same in the other direction.

I have zero problem with fans relentlessly booing him during an Iowa State-Texas game, but in a game in which Iowa State isn't even playing (where this conversation started), it does seem unnecessary to me.

JP4CY

I'm Mike Jones
Staff member
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Dec 19, 2008
Testifying
I was at that game and didn't see a problem with the booing.

My entire row was a bunch of teenage kids and they were giving it to the Texas fans sitting the row below us the entire time, especially when he threw up one of his patented airballs.

I dont know, maybe the NCAA tournament isn't for you if you can't handle some simple booing, did you expect a central Iowa crowd to be warm and welcoming to Texa$?
Tyrese transferring also caused you to post that you were done watching college basketball so you may need some self reflection on that.

TClone99

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 12, 2006
Hunter did improve this year despite playing for Terry. I think in the right system where the ball is in his hands he could have a huge senior year.
His stats weren’t significantly improved over the year before. A slight uptick in overall FG % and assists but also more TOs per game and worse from the FT line. He’s definitely not an efficient player so he really needs to be making things happen out there to be effective.

NorthCyd

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Aug 22, 2011
No one has ever really said this answer.
The only thing I've seen was the "You don't want this smoke" response on twitter to that video of Kalscheur saying he was looking forward to playing Texas. It wasnt really a shot at ISU, but ISU fans were looking for any purchase to go after Hunter so they took it.

Clonefan32

Nov 19, 2008
No one has ever really said this answer.

I think it probably comes from this, as well as the "free smoke" comment:

1713289282843.png
1713289314762.png

In hindsight not bad of quotes, but I think people were frustrated by the disingenuousness of suggesting that NIL didn't play a role. I think people just wanted him to admit money was the reason he left and he didn't do that.

Last edited:
  • Agree
Reactions: MTCyclone43

JP4CY

I'm Mike Jones
Staff member
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Dec 19, 2008
Testifying
The only thing I've seen was the "You don't want this smoke" response on twitter to that video of Kalscheur saying he was looking forward to playing Texas. It wasnt really a shot at ISU, but ISU fans were looking for any purchase to go after Hunter so they took it.
Yeah I just need more than that. It appears many others have seen or heard something that I haven't. Looking forward to finding out what it was though.

NorthCyd

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Aug 22, 2011
Yeah I just need more than that. It appears many others have seen or heard something that I haven't. Looking forward to finding out what it was though.
I asked a bunch in the past and no one could come up with anything else. I'd love to know if there is something else too.