UCONN vs Purdue Championship Thread

Jer

Opinionated
Feb 28, 2006
If the Big 12 were to add them, I could overlook their aweful football, for an insane basketball conference
I understand the enticement, I just don’t think we need to make the best league by far even more difficult.

• Agree
Reactions: 83cy

HFCS

Aug 13, 2010
LA LA Land
If the Big 12 were to add them, I could overlook their aweful football, for an insane basketball conference

Big Ten screwed up taking Rutgers over UConn if they were gonna try that.

They’ve had a pretty lackluster quarter century of basketballl and imagine having UConn the past decade.

fsanford

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Dec 22, 2007
Los Angeles
I understand the enticement, I just don’t think we need to make the best league by far even more difficult.
Man UConn in Hilton would be a lot of fun though... Arizona, Kansas, UConn, thats a few titles this century..

HoustonClone

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 13, 2006
Proud sure. Confident yeah, no doubt. But he sounded like a pretentious douche. He lost me there.

This x 1000....."owning" college basketball for how many years? Let me count the other champions in that time and introduce them to you, coach.

NYCYFan

Mar 18, 2024
UConn has made the tournament kind of boring the last 2 years because of how good they are which begs the question, are they in the conversation for best team ever? We have any pick of those UCLA teams, the undefeated Indiana team, 1990 UNLV, 1996 Kentucky, 1999 UConn, 1992 or 2001 Duke, 2006 Florida. I don't know, they stack up favorably with any of those teams.

• Agree
Reactions: BigCyFan

CloniesForLife

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 22, 2015
Honestly it’s because they have likeable players for the most part every year (Napier can lick my ass though lol) and they play such phenomenal team basketball. It’s just fun to watch.
Yeah I feel like I should dislike UCONN especially because Hurley is a little nuts but I really like watching them and all their players play so hard and so well together and they just go about their business.

jctisu

Jun 11, 2017
Yeah I feel like I should dislike UCONN especially because Hurley is a little nuts but I really like watching them and all their players play so hard and so well together and they just go about their business.
I usually hate guys like Hurley, but he and Harbaugh I like both because they are good characters for the sport and are actually so crazy and insane they are fun to me. Plus, they both definitely get the absolute max out of their players.