***VEISHEA 2013***

cyguytillidie

Feb 9, 2010
Des Moines
It's that time of year again! Drunks walk the campus during both day and night, beer cans are found in places they don't belong, students make bushes their location of choice for a good nights sleep, and lots of just terrible decision are made.

Please post any crazy stories, funny encounters, and swirling rumors you experience during this week's drunken festivities.

:jiggy:Happy VEISHEA'ing everyone! :jiggy:

Reactions: 1 person

ImperialCyclone

Sep 11, 2012
I see the appropriate *** on each side of the thread title, but I don't see Official in the thread title. Is this the official thread or the unofficial before the official?

Rabbuk

Mar 1, 2011
I spiked my phone into the concrete after drinking about an entire handle of hawk eye and then took shots of jack in the parking lot with two kids we met in said parking lot. Also almost shattered my wrist because a girl hopped on my back for a piggy back ride without warning.

K

KFitzy87

Drinking Sprite right now... Thinking about leaving for class 5 minutes later than I usually do...

CY9008

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 14, 2010
West Des Moines, IA
I "preishea'd" yesterday at Founders in Bondurant.

They are the same owners that own Whiskey River on Main in Ames. Check it out if you are ever in town.

mitten1975

Oct 27, 2012
I went over past Friley to visit some friends off campus. This was about 1978. I stopped at a stop sign in that area, and some guys attacked my car. No idea what was going on, but fortunately I had the doors locked besides the driver's seat door. Banged on it, and tried to get the door open. It was easy to lock that door before they could get it open. It wasn't something that I expected to happen at ISU. I guess anything goes during Veishea. I called the police or the campus police and reported them. Can't remember which. Whoever I reported it to was a black hole, never followed up on it. Whoever the fools were, they got away with it. Didn't find it amusing.

WhatchaGonnaDo

Jun 28, 2011
I preshia'ed pretty hard because I knew my week would be super busy. Big exams this Friday and then Monday of dead week. I'm convinced that my profs have no souls

awd4cy

Dec 29, 2010
Central Iowa
Just got back from class and now celebrating with a frozen pizza I have in the oven for lunch. That is pretty wild I would say.

cyclone101

Oct 19, 2009
Dez Moinz
I spiked my phone into the concrete after drinking about an entire handle of hawk eye and then took shots of jack in the parking lot with two kids we met in said parking lot. Also almost shattered my wrist because a girl hopped on my back for a piggy back ride without warning.
Yeah, you gotta keep an eye on those heavier girls. They can really take you by surprise.

cy4prez7

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Nov 18, 2010
Des Moines
I preshia'ed pretty hard because I knew my week would be super busy. Big exams this Friday and then Monday of dead week. I'm convinced that my profs have no souls

Please tell me you aren't studying this week for Monday of dead week? That's 2 weeks away!

Rabbuk

Mar 1, 2011
Uff-da. I was hoping for a "corn-dog" like chick for you Rabbuk (RIP), but thoughts and prayers to you for the chunky tag along that junked your wrist.

God speed.
I didn't date this girl, she was just kinda a part of my friend group for a while, but now she's not. I'm still looking for my corn-dog chick and probable soulmate.

ImperialCyclone

Sep 11, 2012
I didn't date this girl, she was just kinda a part of my friend group for a while, but now she's not. I'm still looking for my corn-dog chick and probable soulmate.

LOL...I was more concerned at you polishing off a handle of Hawkeye vodka. That stuff is awful. You'll meet that corn-dog chick someday. Until then, don't get an STD.

Edit: or get a girl preggers.

Rabbuk

Mar 1, 2011
LOL...I was more concerned at you polishing a handle of Hawkeye vodka. That stuff is awful. You'll meet that corn-dog chick someday. Until then, don't get an STD.

My ability to absolutely demolish hard alcohol has gone down considerably since turning 21... there's a corndog chick for all of us out there.

CarlHungus

Feb 19, 2012
Ankeny
I miss being a student during Veishea. Nothing like skipping class on Veishea Friday to start drinking in the morning. Hopefully everyone stays safe this year