Well, it's finally over

RagingCloner

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Dec 2, 2022
I better shut up now before I get banned for simply refusing to fall in line and trash everything about Iowa including............wait for it..........women's basketball of all things.
Stick around. The way this is progressing, I bet even field hockey gets it

ISUTex

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
May 25, 2012
Rural U.S.A.
Then of course there's the casual homophobia

bjMWYXN.png
Shag carpet?

Cyched

CF Influencer
May 8, 2009
Denver, CO
Says the individual triggered by how a fan base is reacting to a rival team….Pot, meet Kettle, then gtfo of here

Funny how we're back to "women's basketball sucks" as part of his meltdown. The mask is off for Hok Fan now that the fun's over.

cyatheart

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Nov 18, 2008
I never heard of her before the final last year. I finally watched the last two games to see what the fuss was.

I was really disappointed overall. I have no idea what the fuss is. I saw a very good offensive player, but I wonder if other girls were given free rein to take 30 footers how many they might make. She isn't a very efficient player, gets lazy at times and doesn't really defend at all. Lot of complaining as well, not sure if that's her thing or just the big game pressure.

Those 30 footers are just really inefficient, the reason people don't take those is you can almost always get a better shot. It's just math.

I was really hoping to see something generational, but I just saw the same thing as Allen Iverson scoring 30 points on 15 free throws and taking 25 shots with the ball in his hands all night. Nothing generational Al all about that.

I was more impressed with the girl from CR as a player.

RagingCloner

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Dec 2, 2022
Funny how we're back to "women's basketball sucks" as part of his meltdown. The mask is off for Hok Fan now that the fun's over.
Hey, he traveled “all over the Midwest” to watch ISU this March! Cry me a river with this “good for the state” ********

Reactions: WartburgClone

clonedude

Apr 16, 2006
I never heard of her before the final last year. I finally watched the last two games to see what the fuss was.

I was really disappointed overall. I have no idea what the fuss is. I saw a very good offensive player, but I wonder if other girls were given free rein to take 30 footers how many they might make. She isn't a very efficient player, gets lazy at times and doesn't really defend at all. Lot of complaining as well, not sure if that's her thing or just the big game pressure.

Those 30 footers are just really inefficient, the reason people don't take those is you can almost always get a better shot. It's just math.

I was really hoping to see something generational, but I just saw the same thing as Allen Iverson scoring 30 points on 15 free throws and taking 25 shots with the ball in his hands all night. Nothing generational Al all about that.

She makes 30 footers or layups…. no mid range game at all. That’s why I think Juju has a more well rounded skill level offensively than CC.

• Disagree
Reactions: Cyforce

rosshm16

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Oct 8, 2023

Depends on how "efficiency" is defined. Lots of players can shoot 37.8% on threes when they take 3.5 of them per game. Very few players can shoot 37.8% when they take 13.7 of them per game.

Reactions: BigCyFan

Die4Cy

Jan 2, 2010
I think Iowa fans actually do care about football, but they know they aren't relevant in it. They know the West has been a big joke, they know they've fallen on their faces and been embarrassed by Big 10 championship teams. Clark loaned them the idea they were relevant for a few months, good for them. They seem to need that.

But they knew the hype was just something they were borrowing so you got to give them points for realism.

Reactions: Cyched

Cyforce

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Nov 24, 2009
Des Moines
I am guessing the posts here will go completely unnoticed.

I am guessing the racist posts by Iowa fans on Twitter and IG that are about to come crashing down in the next 24 hours may be a tad more embarrassing. Get a clue.
Oh the yeah but what they said is worse defense. I love it when HOKS say horrible things. I hate it when dumbasses that follow the team I support make our fanbase look petty.

Gonzo

Mar 10, 2009
Behind you
I think Iowa fans actually do care about football, but they know they aren't relevant in it. They know the West has been a big joke, they know they've fallen on their faces and been embarrassed by Big 10 championship teams. Clark loaned them the idea they were relevant for a few months, good for them. They seem to need that.

But they knew the hype was just something they were borrowing so you got to give them points for realism.
I don't disagree with your post but there's no denying CC carried the popularity of WBB this year on her back. It's just the truth. Now that she's done the big question is whether WBB will remain as relevant as she's helped make it, and it seems like there are some who are actually hoping it doesn't just so they can say "oh I thought CC changed the game and transformed its popularity but apparently she failed." Very weird to be rooting for small crowds and a return to obscurity, but I know the hate for her runs deep.

twincyties

Dec 12, 2009
Does this go both ways for those rooting for SC? I mean, when does this end? Blanket statements like above are flat wrong and are part of the problem.
Tell me you’re a part of the problem without telling me you’re part of the problem.

t-noah

Feb 2, 2007
I keep saying - look how much respect ISU fans have for Cooper Dejean because he's a class act, doesn't show boat, and handles himself really well even in adversity. If Clark didn't act like a whiny baby, throw tantrums, and do all the showboating, we'd give her the same respect.
I'm not gonna read this whole thread. Haven't been paying attention, except for the last week or two. I've got nothing against Clarke. She accomplished a lot, and is OK in my book. Period.

Too bad she chose the Hawks, but such is life. Just remember that her brother was a Cyclone, and we all loved him. It's not that hard.

• Agree
Reactions: Cyclone Pfan