Wendy's planning surge pricing on burgers

VeloClone

Jan 19, 2010
Brooklyn Park, MN
I wonder if this is already happening at other places. I travelled for work this past week, and every morning, my travelling companion stopped at the same McDonald's, on the way to the office, for breakfast. He ordered the exact same thing every time: sausage McMuffin meal. No changes. No special instructions. And over the course of 5 days, he got 3 different totals for his meals. Monday and Thursday were the same. Wednesday and Friday were the same. Tuesday was unique. He noticed it when he was submitting his expenses at the end of the week. The only thing we could think of was that they were doing some kind of surge pricing, because the receipts appeared exactItly the same other than cost. The difference was only a few cents, but we both thought it was odd
It is all about exchange rates. When the price of the dollar goes up or down it affects the exchange rate of dollars for Big Macs.

NWICY

Sep 2, 2012
I recall Wendy's having a salad bar. My wife was so adamant that there were salad bars in Wendys that I'm now second guessing myself. Help me out here, CyFan.

Yep there were sald bars in Wendy's. Early 80s(?)

FOREVERTRUE

Sep 18, 2017

Seems like somewhat doublespeak coming from Wendy's. We won't be raising our prices during peak times but we will be using dynamic pricing.
So I guess that means they will be discounting it during slow times?

• Agree
Reactions: Cyclonepride

alarson

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 15, 2006
Ankeny

Seems like somewhat doublespeak coming from Wendy's. We won't be raising our prices during peak times but we will be using dynamic pricing.
So I guess that means they will be discounting it during slow times?

I feel like this could come with its own set of problems. Because if suddenly there are the potential of random deals on the menu board, it means a lot more people are going to look at that board and decide if they want something different than they had planned based on those deals, instead of just ordering their **** and getting out. So this will slow down lines

Cyclonepride

Thought Police
Staff member
Apr 11, 2006
A pineapple under the sea
www.oldschoolradical.com
I feel like this could come with its own set of problems. Because if suddenly there are the potential of random deals on the menu board, it means a lot more people are going to look at that board and decide if they want something different than they had planned based on those deals, instead of just ordering their **** and getting out. So this will slow down lines
Definitely, and there are already people who get up to the speaker apparently without a shred of foresight as to what they might be there for, and then take 5 minutes to order.

alarson

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 15, 2006
Ankeny
Definitely, and there are already people who get up to the speaker apparently without a shred of foresight as to what they might be there for, and then take 5 minutes to order.

I feel like this gets even more annoying when apps exist to order from.

Nothing like having an order submitted and ready to go only to sit behind someone deciding to order for 8 people in the drive thru and none of them having any idea what they want. A lot of times I will just order for pickup inside now to avoid that