What did Otz screw up this game

swiacy

Apr 9, 2009
Take the high road, be humble in victory. On the other hand….he who laughs last laughs best.

Drew0311

Nov 7, 2019
Norwalk, Iowa
Another attack but...again...since you asked....

I was at the game. Going in I expected to lose (as one should playing a great team, on the road, where they play well) and thought rebounded would be a key issue. One one of the first few possessions we were bad on a possession but on the overall? It was probably our best rebounding performance of the season, especially considering the environment and competition.

I'd also say it was probably one of his best games in terms of management. Playing Pavs in the first half was a mistake, as usual he couldn't keep up defensively, but he seemed to notice and didn't play him in the 2nd half. BRE played great and Otz stuck with him, which was easy to do with Ward in trouble (who didn't have his best game). At the end of the game he was subbing guys in and out and utilizing his roster.

The only two things that disappoointed me were Lipsey (not his best game but Houston is tough) and the unforced TOs. One of the more significant plays in the game was in the 2nd half, down 5, on a break (off a TO) with a chance to go down 3 and stifle the crowd. Keshon tries to split two defenders, predictably turns it over, and Houston scores (a 3 I think). Backbreaking possession right there. The environment was TOUGH but you have to make them earn the TOs. Too many times we didn't.

But there were far more positives than negatives. Our 3 point shooting selection was fantastic, and ti think that was a large part of our success there. The rebounding was great, and King probably blocked out the best he has all season. Our effort was great on the road. Probably the most impressive part, what you want to see out of your team, is they didnt' fold. Down big in the first and got down 11 in the 2nd but kept fighting back. Do that in the tourney, on a neutral court, and that can steal a win. Great resilience for the team.

That arena was consistently LOUD. Putting the students on the floor is something EVERY school should do if they want to win. I was loud, the atmopshere palpable, and I'd say it's the loudest arena in the conference (Hilton and the Phog can be louder at times but not as consistently deafening as Fertitta). You just want to make Houston earn the win at home and they did. Not much more you could reasonably ask for.

You get once sentence. Beyond that I’m done reading. That’s just way too many words from ass Dumbass fake fan.

Also did all of you stay considering I wrote 4 sentences? Just curious

madguy30

Nov 15, 2011
You get once sentence. Beyond that I’m done reading. That’s just way too many words from ass Dumbass fake fan.

Also did all of you stay considering I wrote 4 sentences? Just curious

Pretty sure they got canned shortly after the Houston game.

Were they seriously on Houston boards? We're all a little weird but something's not right there.

Reactions: Drew0311

simply1

Rec Center HOF
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jun 10, 2009
Pdx

Were they seriously on Houston boards? We're all a little weird but something's not right there.
He mentioned some kind of issue but I don’t remember what it was.

Drew0311

Nov 7, 2019
Norwalk, Iowa

He goes on all the other teams boards and dogs out Iowa state, playing the role of “I’m the good Iowa state fan who’s reasonable”. It’s sad

simply1

Rec Center HOF
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jun 10, 2009
Pdx

• Haha
Reactions: NWICY and Cyched

madguy30

Nov 15, 2011
  • Agree
Reactions: simply1