Why not re-rank today, 1/24

NoCreativity

Nov 12, 2015
Des Moines
@surly

Is 7-8 TCU still the best team in the Big 12 when they are at full strength?

That's 6-4 now in the conference with Miles and a Lampkin healthy, that record screams Big 12 Champs to me.

• Love
Reactions: surly

jctisu

Jun 11, 2017
Yep, Self put it to Jamie, which shouldn't surprise anyone. Ku walks to another B12 championship, I suppose. I was wrong about TCU.
TCU is still a team that once outside of the Big 12 is really hard to prepare for. So pending on their seed and draw, they are still a team to keep an eye on. It's the most brutal part of the double round robin the Big 12 has. First time through is not the same as the second time you see a team due to scouting, adjustments, general feel against certain teams and how they play etc. I mean your K State team is a great example. The first time playing against your guards is an eye-opener for most teams. Second time around you know what to expect.

dahliaclone

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 4, 2007
Minneapolis
TCU is still a team that once outside of the Big 12 is really hard to prepare for. So pending on their seed and draw, they are still a team to keep an eye on. It's the most brutal part of the double round robin the Big 12 has. First time through is not the same as the second time you see a team due to scouting, adjustments, general feel against certain teams and how they play etc. I mean your K State team is a great example. The first time playing against your guards is an eye-opener for most teams. Second time around you know what to expect.
yup...they took Arizona to the wire last year.

Cyclonepride

Thought Police
Staff member
Apr 11, 2006
A pineapple under the sea
www.oldschoolradical.com
I didn't want to root for KU last night, but in reality, unless we go 4-0 to finish and KU falters, it's no longer about 1st place. In that light, TCU losing dropped them to 7-8, so a win tonight puts up 2 up on them, or a loss 1 up (and we swept them). Finishing 2-2 should put us no lower than 4th or 5th.

CloniesForLife

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 22, 2015
This is how I'd rank it. A combo of overall resume and how the team is playing recently.

The Contenders
1. KU
2. Texas

Really Good but not Winning the Conference
3a. KState
3b. Baylor
5. ISU
6. TCU
7. Ok State

Making a Late Push for the NCAAs
8. Tech
9. WVU

On Their Own in the Cellar
10. OU

CloniesForLife

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 22, 2015
TCU just doesn't have enough offense if they aren't turning you over at a high rate. Miles can go off and win a game for you but he can also shoot a ton of bricks and Lampkin hasn't progressed the way I thought he would this year.
Yeah they aren't a very good shooting team. It's why they are a good matchup for us. Slow the game down and force them to execute in the half court. If you get into a tempo game with them they can be a freight train though

surly

May 16, 2013
reservation lake, mn
Today 2/22

1. Ku - they've gotten better
2. Texas - could be playing Ku for championship in last game
3. K-State - swept Baylor
4. Baylor - guard happy
5. ISU - body of work
6. TxT - who the hell wants to play them now?
7. TCU - coaching trumps talent
8. WVU - surprise how they've turned it around
9. oSu - faltering down the stretch
10. OU - he's a career in-conference-play .500 coach

surly

May 16, 2013
reservation lake, mn
You were trolling the other day when you thought TCU was the best team in the Big 12.

The only reason you said that is because K-,State got blown out down there.
I wrote that and national media had agreed with me at the time. K-State had just beat TCU in Manhattan.

Statefan10

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
May 20, 2019
This is how it'll look at the end of the year IMO.

KU
TX
BU
KSU
ISU
TCU
OSU
TTU
WVU
OU

Marcelason78

Mar 4, 2022
Baylor handles Texas fairly easily without George. Bears now waiting to see how bad his ankle injury is.