Why not re-rank today, 1/24

singsing

Nov 2, 2007
Actually, I had no clue what the poster was asking, it didn't make sense given the definition of the word "doosh." It seems no one here wants to talk hoops but rather weird, senseless, ad hominem argumentation. No thanks, boys.
You're Kurtz aren't you?

• Funny
Reactions: BWRhasnoAC

ZRF

Jan 3, 2015
Texas has by far the easiest route in terms of home games, very little travel, and quality of remaining opponents.

For us to have a real shot I think we need to win the next 4 games, including beating KSU in Manhattan, as I don't see us going to Austin, on short rest, following a road game. Then we have to beat OU at home and then the Baylor game may be the different between an outright title and a tie at 5 losses. If six losses gets the title there will likely be a 3 way (or more), two at minimum, tie at the top.

Texas will shoot itself out of some games but they are massively talented. Having most of their tough game at home, TCU (possibly) without Miles, and Baylor just up the road makes their turnarounds MUCH easier. Barring an injury I don't think they will lose more than two the rest of the way. Kansas might need to do us and everyone else a huge favor and beat them in Austin.

JP4CY

I'm Mike Jones
Staff member
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Dec 19, 2008
Testifying
I have no idea what's going on in here right now.
Surly claims to not be tmcats
Screenshot_20230207_180005_Chrome.jpg
This is a mental trap for WVU. It's like watching the final years for Bill Snyder. We believe our emotional ties to the glorious past are truth today. They are not. This gets exacerbated when the legend refuses to face the brutal facts, it's over.

For Snyder it was complicated by thinking his son, Sean, should be the successor. Very ugly to watch play out. Hopefully, Bob steps down and isn't canned as happened to 'the Wizard.'

Cyclonepride

Thought Police
Staff member
Apr 11, 2006
A pineapple under the sea
www.oldschoolradical.com
Kstate with the easiest remaining of those.
I don't know. From a pressure standpoint, isn't there more pressure on making sure that you win at home? Their tough games are all at home.
Trying my hardest to take off my Cyclone glasses here.. I see the conference in 4 tiers (on a neutral court)

Elite talent and experience (In order):
BU - Elite guards; Big Jon returning makes them a F4 caliber team
UT - Elite Skill; Don't trust their coach
KU - Elite Experience and really good talent; PG away from the F4

Experienced without the high-end talent (in order)
TCU (Healthy) - Drop to the OSU tier without Lampkin and Miles Jr
ISU - Crazy balance; Consistency concerns
KSU - Two elite players; Too dependent on those two two players
WVU - High ceiling and low floor

Talented but not enough offense:
OSU - Avery Johnson is a HUGE loss

Doesn't matter:
OU - Can't win without going off from 3
Tech - Injuries and coaching concerns
I had no idea Avery Anderson got hurt. Yeah, he's the one that pretty much stirs that drink on offense.

melt

Apr 5, 2006
Chicago, IL
Texas has by far the easiest route in terms of home games, very little travel, and quality of remaining opponents.

For us to have a real shot I think we need to win the next 4 games, including beating KSU in Manhattan, as I don't see us going to Austin, on short rest, following a road game. Then we have to beat OU at home and then the Baylor game may be the different between an outright title and a tie at 5 losses. If six losses gets the title there will likely be a 3 way (or more), two at minimum, tie at the top.

Texas will shoot itself out of some games but they are massively talented. Having most of their tough game at home, TCU (possibly) without Miles, and Baylor just up the road makes their turnarounds MUCH easier. Barring an injury I don't think they will lose more than two the rest of the way. Kansas might need to do us and everyone else a huge favor and beat them in Austin.
I think Kansas has it easier by a little. Texas's last four games are ISU, @Baylor, @TCU, and KU. Depending on how healthy TCU is, I think there's 1-2 losses in that group for Texas. Especially since it's 4 tough games in a row. KU gets two easy games at home with WVU and TTech before that game in Texas. Texas could be broken down by the time KU comes in to town. KU also gets an extra day of rest before the Texas game. I think the Big 12 champ is going to be determined on the last game between those two, but hopefully ISU surprises everyone.

surly

May 16, 2013
reservation lake, mn
Well, it seems things have gone to hell and handbasket for our land granters. Maybe it's just a midseason lull. Or perhaps it's more fundamental than that, IDK. But here's a Super Bowl shot at ranking based on what I've seen and here how I believe it will finish with 70% to the dance.

1. Ku - as much as I loathe it
2. Texas - Terry should be full time
3. Baylor - sweetness at guard
4. oSu - winning in Hilton is amazing except for the Pokes, it seems
5. TCU - if they get Mike back, otherwise exchange with K-State
6. ISU - beat K-State and Ku @ Ames
7. K-State - in the dumpster
8. WVU - not good at Texas
9. OU - Bruce Weber hoops: competitive then fold
10. TxT - no longer winless

Last edited:

cyfan92

Sep 20, 2011
Augusta National Golf Club

With Miles back at TCU.. I could easily see them run the table.. Their hardest game will be at Tech but Damion Baugh can stay in front of Harmon and I like their chances in that one..

Conference race:
1-BU
2-KU
3-UT
4-TCU
5-ISU
6-KSU
7-OSU
8-WV
9-Tech
10-OU

Danger in March (no order):
Tier 1 - Great guards, good defense, Elite coaching
BU

Tier 2 - Missing 1 of the 3 traits in tier 1
TCU, KU, UT

Tier 3: - Missing 2/3 traits in Tier 1
ISU, KSU, OSU, WV

CychiatricWard

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Sep 27, 2017
Des Moines

With Miles back at TCU.. I could easily see them run the table.. Their hardest game will be at Tech but Damion Baugh can stay in front of Harmon and I like their chances in that one..

Conference race:
1-BU
2-KU
3-UT
4-TCU
5-ISU
6-KSU
7-OSU
8-WV
9-Tech
10-OU

Danger in March (no order):
Tier 1 - Great guards, good defense, Elite coaching
BU

Tier 2 - Missing 1 of the 3 traits in tier 1
TCU, KU, UT

Tier 3: - Missing 2/3 traits in Tier 1
ISU, KSU, OSU, WV

We can’t be behind TCU when we swept them, and have 2 fewer conference losses at the moment. I understand the better schedule to end but currently, no, you are wrong.

NoCreativity

Nov 12, 2015
Des Moines
TCU when healthy is the best team in the league. Boat-racing Ku in AFH is proof. They just can't stay on the court this year. Watch out in the tournament though. Ku probably wins it unless they lose at home to Baylor tomorrow.

Lol, no they aren't. Iowa State controlled them the entire game in Fort Worth when they had Lampkin and Miles healthy and we didn't have Jaz. Only reason it came down to the wire is Miles got 2 ridiculous foul calls on 3s because he kicked out his leg and flopped.

They will probably be a dangerous 5 or 6 seed but to say they are the best team in the league is ridiculous.

surly

May 16, 2013
reservation lake, mn
Lol, no they aren't. Iowa State controlled them the entire game in Fort Worth when they had Lampkin and Miles healthy and we didn't have Jaz. Only reason it came down to the wire is Miles got 2 ridiculous foul calls on 3s because he kicked out his leg and flopped.

They will probably be a dangerous 5 or 6 seed but to say they are the best team in the league is ridiculous.

• Dumb
Reactions: NoCreativity

NoCreativity

Nov 12, 2015
Des Moines

That's pure conjecture, they already had 3 conference losses with Miles in the lineup. Nobody has proof they are any better at full strength than Kansas, Texas, Or Baylor.

They also had an extremely pathetic non -conference resume and lost to Norhtwestern State.