Women's NCAA Hoops Tournament

BoxsterCy

Staff member
Sep 14, 2009
Minnesota
Baylor and Texas both out - disappointing end for the Big12.

However, I think it plays to the strength of the conference which overall was fairly weak. The weakness of the conference finally caught up with them tonight.

Was actually thinking the same time. Both got beat by Pac 12 teams from a stronger conference. Big 12 WBB was a little like Big 10 MBB this year as far as conference strength.

theshadow

Apr 19, 2006
UCLA was able to neutralize UT's bigs by matching their size and being quicker. They also had a guard who could keep with McCarty. UT's 15 first-half turnovers didn't help, either.

CycloneRulzzz

Gameday Guru
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jul 13, 2008
Nevada, IA
Baylor and Texas both out - disappointing end for the Big12.

However, I think it plays to the strength of the conference which overall was fairly weak. The weakness of the conference finally caught up with them tonight.

Texas out too. LOL. Big 12 used to be a great conference now it's been reduced to 2 top heavy teams with several middle of the pack teams. Embarrassing how this conference has fallen off.

• Agree
Reactions: Buster28 and ISC

kcdc4isu

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Dec 2, 2009
west of dm east of cb
Baylor without Wallace is not the team that walked through the conference. The quickness part that Mel was talking about in studio does not make up for senior leadership and shooting ability. For Texas one issue is what their coach talked about during the Big 12 tourney when she said the team lacked a killer instinct. They play lazy to much thinking they are so good that they can come back at any time.

BoxsterCy

Staff member
Sep 14, 2009
Minnesota
Baylor without Wallace is not the team that walked through the conference. The quickness part that Mel was talking about in studio does not make up for senior leadership and shooting ability. For Texas one issue is what their coach talked about during the Big 12 tourney when she said the team lacked a killer instinct. They play lazy to much thinking they are so good that they can come back at any time.

Totally agree on Wallace which was what was making my head hurt listening to that studio assessment. Morris is and will be good but Wallace was the first teamer.

Also agree on Texas, a ton of those turnovers were just careless. Weird Sweet Sixteen play from a #2 with that much talent. Looked like the worst of some Texas men's football teams that were loaded but didn't achieve their most.

Bad news for us is it's not like either is going to take any steps back in league play. @Geewagos Prospects Nation guys have the recruiting classes for next year as #1 Baylor, #2 Texas, #3 UCONN followed by the usual suspects for the rest of the Top 10. Sherri's class comes in at #9 and ISU is #19. ISU doing better in keeping pace, at least on paper. The gap isn't going to close from the top end, has to be closed some from behind. For perspective two other teams I watch some were #57 (Iowa) and #58 (Gophers). Both have league stars returning but didn't seem to add much for immediate help.

Tornado man

Sep 16, 2007
Ames, IA
This has been a great tournament so far - this Buffalo-South Carolina game is a fun one. Looking forward to the games this weekend.

CycloneRulzzz

Gameday Guru
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jul 13, 2008
Nevada, IA
Hoped South Carolina could give UCONN a game. UCONN making SC look like a 16 seed. Hopefully someone at the Final Four can trip up UCONN again.

NWICY

Sep 2, 2012
ND's "The Rules Don't Apply to Us" transfer has 14 points at half.

Notre Dame must be destroyed. Go Oregon!

I missed this story. How did they get a transfer in with no sit out? ( I'm guessing that is what you mean.)

BoxsterCy

Staff member
Sep 14, 2009
Minnesota
I missed this story. How did they get a transfer in with no sit out? ( I'm guessing that is what you mean.)

Shepard transferred from Nebraska and got a pass from the NCAA based on undetailed and undisclosed "extenuating personal circumstances." Basically because ND is a blue blood with a hall of fame coach. Rules are for other lesser teams even while their hypocrite coach preachs about transfers ruining the game. If she was leaving ND for Nebraska she would have had to sit.

**** ND.

ISUCubswin

Mar 3, 2011
My Playhouse
Love watching me an ISU women's hoops game but NCAA women's basketball is broken. When all 1 seeds make the Final Four and the Elite Eight AVERAGE point differential is 22, there is absolutely no point in having a 6 round tournament. Make it a one weekend Final Four

Sucks because just 5-10 years ago, seemed like every game was a toss up.

kcdc4isu

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Dec 2, 2009
west of dm east of cb
The tourney went pretty much by the seeds. I was wanting both Oregon teams to move on to put some new blood in. Of the four left I could cheer for two of them and if they met would have no problem with either one winning.

Latest posts

Help Support Us

Become a patron