Yormark nuggets from WBB/MBB Media Days

HFCS

Aug 13, 2010
LA LA Land
Moving the conference tourney to Vegas is a sure fire way to make attendance drop significantly. The guy who posted that is an idiot. It would be nice for fans of the UT and AZ schools due to proximity but there’s no way they make up for the volume of ISU, KU and KSU fans. We saw that in Dallas when we still had A&M in the conference. There’s a reason why the old NBA scout Marty Blake always chose to attend the Big 8 tournament, it was simply the best and that has carried on with the Big 12 tourney in KC.

Utah fans don't go to Vegas for P12T anyway. It's all Arizona fans.

• Informative
Reactions: clonehome

clonebb

Oct 23, 2015
Them Ute boys have some things to learn.
Not surprised this backwoods hick hasn’t been to KC for the best tournament in all of college bball. College basketball hall of fame is where? Bball was invented where? Oh the answer is KC.

Reactions: clonedude

NWICY

Sep 2, 2012
A lot can happen. Who knows what sort of Sabre rattling we see from the likes of Clemson and FSU these next few years?

The elephant in the room is that the big boys like Ohio State, Michigan, LSU, UGA, Bama, etc will one day wonder why Rutgers, Minnesota, Iowa, Miss St, Vanderbilt are being paid the same as they are. I think a movement toward unequal revenue sharing will have seismic implications. There will be fallout.

I wonder if the SEC and B1G, will leave the bottom where they are and take a chunk of the new money for the top 1/3 of each conference. The money they are getting is more than the bottom 1/3 deserve. THe money is still high enough the bototm don't have a better place to go.

NWICY

Sep 2, 2012
Move the tournament to Cancun during Spring Break week and knock out the Big 12 Mexico deal all in one shot. Eustachy would immediately be lobbying for the UCF job.

Those 20 yr olds will get tired real quick of a bunch of middle aged, sunburned, drunk BB junkies hitting on them. Or they might take the opportunity to make some quick cash.

isuclone89

Oct 23, 2007
Medical Lake, WA
I wonder if the SEC and B1G, will leave the bottom where they are and take a chunk of the new money for the top 1/3 of each conference. The money they are getting is more than the bottom 1/3 deserve. THe money is still high enough the bototm don't have a better place to go.
Isn't that what the B1G is doing now?

t-noah

Feb 2, 2007
Not looking good.
To the Big 12 conference's defense, it is only the first year of the first 4 additions, and OuT is not out just yet. Next year we add 4 more teams and lose OuT. Give it some time.

We all couldn't expect to have 4 or 5 power house teams that could each legitimately compete in the CFP every year anyway. Not when the SEC and B1G have all the monetary and media advantages. It would be nice, but not realistic.

We can hope to be a solid P3 conference, that plays solid FB, gets 1 - 2 (maybe 3?) teams to the CFP's annually, has premier BB, maybe does things unconventionally at times, and that has unfailing and strong fan support.

t-noah

Feb 2, 2007
All the 4 corner schools, particularly Arizona, wants Vegas. I wouldn't mind doing 1 game there, 3 games KC rotation. No games in OK or Texas as they don't have the attendance like KU, ISU, or KSU, where the fans show up whether the team is good or bad.
Maybe the new 4 corner schools should pay their dues some, be in the conference for 20-30 years before all of a sudden asking if the BB Tourne could be in Vegas?

I think it should stay in KC for the foreseeable future.

NWICY

Sep 2, 2012
Maybe the new 4 corner schools should pay their dues some, be in the conference for 20-30 years before all of a sudden asking if the BB Tourne could be in Vegas?

I think it should stay in KC FOREVER

FIFY:)

Reactions: t-noah

alarson

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 15, 2006
Ankeny

I think it should stay in KC for the foreseeable future.

I mean at the end of the day the logic of those who want to move things is the logic who have never attended in the first place. You want it to be in a place where it is *the* event for the week. KC really does that well. I could be sold on OKC but it is objectively harder to travel to. It would disappear entirely in dallas or las Vegas. The only other option i would consider would be Denver because of its ease of travel

Reactions: t-noah

t-noah

Feb 2, 2007
And another who gives a fork opinion from StLouis.

Please, just quit trying to be a friendly,... "I know I am smarter than all of you but I will put up with you ignorant trash".

Go find a glory hole, then get some antibiotics.
Are you always this pleasant to be around? Wait a minute, I remember, you are very unpleasant at times.

This is not the cave and you don't have to be an @sshole to other people you disagree with. I say leave him alone or save it for the cave.

clonedude

Apr 16, 2006
Yormark can’t possibly be stupid enough to move the best college basketball conference tournament in the country to a different location, right? Why ruin absolutely the best thing you have?

IMO…. keep basketball in KC…. and alternate the football conference championship between Dallas and Las Vegas. That should be enough to keep Utah fans happy…. they only care about football anyway.