Zambrano to retire

Dave19642011

Aug 6, 2011
Inwood, Ontario
I have supported Big Z. Even find him funny, but this is just pathetic. Throws a bad game and then a tantrum. Good luck in retirement.

Speculation is he ends up with the Florida Marlins and Ozzie Guillen. Speculation on Ozzie of course.

Im guessing the same... a white socks after this season.... if he does not really retire

ISUFan22

Apr 11, 2006
Denver, CO
The fact that the Cubs kept him around shows just how foolish they are. Cubs will never win until they get their heads out of their ***** - especially at the pitching position.

hurdleisu24

Bookie
Sep 13, 2008
New York
Cubs place zambrano on Disqualified list. He has to be away from team for 30 days and won't get paid. The players association filed a grievence on Z's behalf

CycloneErik

Jan 31, 2008
Jamerica
rememberingdoria.wordpress.com
Cubs place zambrano on Disqualified list. He has to be away from team for 30 days and won't get paid. The players association filed a grievence on Z's behalf

How can they possibly have any room to file a grievance?

I know it's a union thing, and they have to, but this one is absurd.

Enjoy retirement, or anywhere away from Wrigley Field, Z. You are not welcome back.

madcityCY

Nov 29, 2006
Madison, WI
This is .224 hitter Dan Uggla's fault. Z is a cry baby.

Uggla has been crushing everybody lately. Also, it's just as much Chipper's, Jose Constanza's, Freddie Freeman, etc. 5 home runs in the game.

the braves love to face Zambrano. He's gotten crushed the last three or so games he pitched against them.

tm3308

Jun 13, 2010
I'm glad that Soriano stood up to him. That was bush league, and it really says something about how Z is seen in the locker room that an easy going guy like Soriano is p*ssed off. Of course, I said the same thing when D-Lee went off on him, too. Hendry apparently hasn't paid attention.

CycloneErik

Jan 31, 2008
Jamerica
rememberingdoria.wordpress.com
I'm glad that Soriano stood up to him. That was bush league, and it really says something about how Z is seen in the locker room that an easy going guy like Soriano is p*ssed off. Of course, I said the same thing when D-Lee went off on him, too. Hendry apparently hasn't paid attention.

As an old friend once said, "If everyone has a problem with you, maybe you're the problem."

Of course, the person in that spot is usually too arrogant and proud to admit they're the problem.

Good job, Fonzie. You've done a nice service right there.

Sigmapolis

Minister of Economy
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Aug 10, 2011
Waukee
Good riddance... the nightmare is over, Virginia...

If only he could have done this a few years ago. Eh, hopefully this frees up some money to get a real pitcher or a sidekick in the #4 or #5 slot behind Albert or Prince next year.

rebecacy

Jan 31, 2007
Thats why Pena was signed for one year..... Cubs are going after Pujols... Cardinals cant afford him... and the Cubs can get him after this season....even with Zambrano on the payroll
The Cards will never lose Albert.

TheCaptain

Bookie
Jul 2, 2009
Iowa
Cubs to retain Hendry according to MLBTR

I'll believe it when I see it and its a terrible decision,if true.
I'm about done caring about this terrible organization and it tears my heart out to even think or say it.I just cant take it anymore.

The more I think about it...Tomorrow there's going to be an article saying Hendry's gone. That's the way it's gone all year. There's no point to worrying about empty reports like that now. See what happens after the season.

Last edited:

ISUFan22

Apr 11, 2006
Denver, CO
And where do cubs fans fill a grievance for putting up with this.....
They should file one against themselves - because they knew they were retaining a loose cannon. They generally did this to themselves. From an outsider's perspective - it's quite comical. They should read up on the definition of insanity.