Iowa State has sold only 11,000 tickets

Cyrocks

Mar 12, 2009
At this rate we are going to have more posts arguing over stupid **** than tickets sold to the game :jimlad: I am a fan thats going to go to the games when/where they are scheduled and not complain. I understand some cant go due to price/conflict/pride, but complaining changes nothing.

Out of the muck rises a post of reason.

CarolinaCy

Apr 18, 2008
At this rate we are going to have more posts arguing over stupid **** than tickets sold to the game :jimlad: I am a fan thats going to go to the games when/where they are scheduled and not complain. I understand some cant go due to price/conflict/pride, but complaining changes nothing.

Maybe you can explain this to a couple posters in this thread. Apparently if you don't attend every ISU sporting event on the planet, no matter where it is, how much it costs, or what other obligations you have in your life, you're a worthless fan.

Some people need to get over themselves, it's just a damn football game.

Reactions: Bobber

weR138

Feb 20, 2008
Maybe you can explain this to a couple posters in this thread. Apparently if you don't attend every ISU sporting event on the planet, no matter where it is, how much it costs, or what other obligations you have in your life, you're a worthless fan.

Some people need to get over themselves, it's just a damn football game.

It's three ****ing hours from Ames.

If you're looking for the CycloneDairyScienceFanatic website, this ain't it. ISU football is the center of converation here and to most of us it's a little more than just a football game. The KSU game is the most important game of the season.

Bobber

Apr 12, 2006
Hudson, Iowa
It's three ****ing hours from Ames.

If you're looking for the CycloneDairyScienceFanatic website, this ain't it. ISU football is the center of converation here and to most of us it's a little more than just a football game. The KSU game is the most important game of the season.

Not everyone is a student living in Ames....

weR138

Feb 20, 2008
Not everyone is a student living in Ames....

What's pathetic is that you're serious with this. There are dozens of hawk fans in Sioux City that make the five hour trip to IC for every Iowa home game. Waterloo is so much farther from KC?

Hopefully there aren't any bowl execs reading this thread.

CarolinaCy

Apr 18, 2008
What's pathetic is that you're serious with this. There are dozens of hawk fans in Sioux City that make the five hour trip to IC for every Iowa home game. Waterloo is so much farther from KC?

I'd say that's a pretty safe bet. :biglaugh:

iowast8fan

Aug 3, 2006
Ankeny
is the 11,000 ticket count the number of tickets sold from the ISU ticket office? I imagine a lot of people have bought their tickets through ticket master, as the link on the Arrowhead Stadium website takes you there. There will be far more than 11,000 ISU fans.

Bobber

Apr 12, 2006
Hudson, Iowa

Woah Nelly...You missed my point entirely.

I'm saying we're all not starving students and have the means to make it to a game.

Yes there is a contingent going down from Waterloo....

CarolinaCy

Apr 18, 2008
Good, because if there were they'd see a lot of "fans" **** and moan about having to travel an whole 3 extra hours to see ISU play football.

Do you really not understand that some people have more important things in their lives than ISU football? It's not just about driving an extra 3 hours to the game.

Some fans have the ability to travel anywhere, anytime to watch an ISU game. Good for them. Some of us don't have that luxury, and we don't need the fan police coming on here telling us how we should be supporting our alma mater.

bos

Legend
Staff member
Apr 10, 2006
Do you really not understand that some people have more important things in their lives than ISU football? It's not just about driving an extra 3 hours to the game.

Some fans have the ability to travel anywhere, anytime to watch an ISU game. Good for them. Some of us don't have that luxury, and we don't need the fan police coming on here telling us how we should be supporting our alma mater.

I think what we have here is a clear case of CF messageboardism. Multiple arguments going on and multiple responses not landing in the right spots.

CarolinaCy

Apr 18, 2008
I think what we have here is a clear case of CF messageboardism. Multiple arguments going on and multiple responses not landing in the right spots.

Take a look at all of his posts in this thread and you'll see a not-so-subtle message.

weR138

Feb 20, 2008

Some fans have the ability to travel anywhere, anytime to watch an ISU game. Good for them. Some of us don't have that luxury, and we don't need the fan police coming on here telling us how we should be supporting our alma mater.[/QUOTE]

What support would that be?

Let me type this slowly so that you can understand.

The thread is about football. One game in particular, the ISU / KSU game in KC. It is a very important game for ISU. It is likely that if ISU loses, we won't go to a bowl which is typically a big goal for B12 football teams (it means extra revenue, practice time, game experience and generally exposure for the University).

If, as a fanbase, we cannot make an impressive showing in KC (which is basically our back yard) what does this say about football as a priority for us? Now, if you're unable to make it from the Carolinas that is understandable, but, if you live anywhere in Iowa and have had this long to plan for the game and you call yourself an ISU football fan, your *** should be at this game.

If you're not an ISU football fan, by all means, disregard this post.