Iowa State has sold only 11,000 tickets

Erik4Cy

Jan 22, 2007
Johnston, IA
www.cyclones.com
Woah Nelly...You missed my point entirely.

I'm saying we're all not starving students and have the means to make it to a game.

Yes there is a contingent going down from Waterloo....

Including this guy, I got friends and family heading down from CF/waterloo, muscatine, ames, and des moines. KC is not a far drive at all for a fun weekend in a big city in an NFL stadium. These are the types of games fans need to travel for.

The headline of the thread is ridiculous. There are a ton more tickets sold than that and there will be way more than 11K Cyclones there. Lotta ppl bought tix through other places and some will just make the trek and buy gameday. Can't wait for the tailgate BBQ and Cyclone victory

Clones21

Jan 20, 2008
Des Moines
illusion-6.jpg

Aclone

Dec 14, 2007
Des Moines, Ia.
Seriously. These fools cry for Ames businesses because they miss ONE game.
Well, I have noticed that certain factions in Ames have a tendency to make up catchy slogans, catchphrases and sentimental ryhmes that tend to sway the greater public opinion without substance (coughmallcough).

Tornado man

Sep 16, 2007
Ames, IA
Seriously. These fools cry for Ames businesses because they miss ONE game.

And KC and the Chiefs just consider us a source for more cash.
It was pathetic just now to hear Mitch Holthus of the Chiefs on M and M bark out: "don't forget, Iowa State fans...you can still buy tickets to the Chiefs-Giants game on Sunday and MAKE IT A WEEKEND!"
Go ahead and get used by them...I'll pass.

Aclone

Dec 14, 2007
Des Moines, Ia.
It was pathetic just now to hear Mitch Holthus of the Chiefs on M and M bark out: "don't forget, Iowa State fans...you can still buy tickets to the Chiefs-Giants game on Sunday and MAKE IT A WEEKEND!"
It's a case of mutual using. Or can't you figure that out? :wideeyed:

IcSyU

Nov 27, 2007
Rochester, MN

Wait a minute!

It's NOT ok for KC to use Iowa State and Kansas State for a little extra cash, but it's perfectly OK for Ames businesses to use Iowa State to drive a higher profit? You can't have it both ways.

Reactions: Aclone

CyCrazy

Dec 17, 2008
Ames

Your surprised why??? Im pretty sure Mitch Never said you have to buy tickets or else.... did he??
Its a mutual benefit wake up buddy

Reactions: Swanson10

alarson

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 15, 2006
Ankeny
your an idiot if you dont think we would have a good crowd no matter what the date, the team were playing, or our record. I think we have shown that even over the last two years

Are you kidding me? We had an announced attendance of 46k for last missouri game... but it was MUCH, MUCH lower actual attendance. That place was half empty. And people were streaming out at half because it was just ridiculously cold.

The last time we had a post-thanksgiving saturday game, we had the freaking north title on the line, and our attendance blew. And you call ME the idiot? :eek:

alarson

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 15, 2006
Ankeny
Since we're throwing out attendance numbers, remember that our home season-ending game against Mizzou on Nov. 15 last year drew 46,000...

paid attendance.. actual in stands? much, much lower. That place was empty.

CyCrazy

Dec 17, 2008
Ames
paid attendance.. actual in stands? much, much lower. That place was empty.

if it wasnt 46,000 did you count every single person yourself to check what the number was??? Ummmm. I doubt it. I was at that game and it wasnt empty nice try

alarson

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 15, 2006
Ankeny
if it wasnt 46,000 did you count every single person yourself to check what the number was??? Ummmm. I doubt it. I was at that game and it wasnt empty nice try

So was I. I had my pick of entire rows to sit in... in the lower deck. I dont need to count them individually to know that it wasnt anywhere near 46k.

MontyBurns

Jan 27, 2008

Sorry, son, but alarson is correct. I was at that game also and there was nowhere near 46,000 people in the stands. And by the time the second half started the number of people in the stands was closer to 46 than 46,000.

A-town Cy

Aug 4, 2006
Huxley
your an idiot if you dont think we would have a good crowd no matter what the date, the team were playing, or our record. I think we have shown that even over the last two years

Even November 28th, 2 days after Thanksgiving? The 3rd cold game in November of the year? We would hardly have any students there because we'd be on Thanksgiving break still.

Playing K-State in Arrowhead first week of October + 1.8 Million over 2 years>>>x10 Playing K-State this year in Jack Trice on November 28 (2 days after Thanksgiving) and going to Manhattan, KS any day of the year next year + 1 Million for home game.

alarson

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 15, 2006
Ankeny
Sorry, son, but alarson is correct. I was at that game also and there was nowhere near 46,000 people in the stands. And by the time the second half started the number of people in the stands was closer to 46 than 46,000.
yeah, there was definitely a stream of people leaving the stadium at half. id know...i stayed long enough to watch the band and then me and my friend i was sitting with decided to get the heck out of there (it was just too damn cold)... when we were leaving the stream out the gates, you'd think it was the end of the 4th quarter.