Iowa State has sold only 11,000 tickets

CyCrazy

Dec 17, 2008
Ames
Sorry, son, but alarson is correct. I was at that game also and there was nowhere near 46,000 people in the stands. And by the time the second half started the number of people in the stands was closer to 46 than 46,000.

doubt it............

Cyhart

Aug 15, 2009
Des Moines
All of my friends that I know are going have not purchased tickets yet. And they are for sure going into the game. There is probably a decent number of ISU fans in the same boat.

Yeah, it may be a bummer to give up a home game, but I'll sure be glad next year when we don't have to go to Manhattan.

Cyclonesrule91

Apr 10, 2006
Waukee
if it wasnt 46,000 did you count every single person yourself to check what the number was??? Ummmm. I doubt it. I was at that game and it wasnt empty nice try

I agree. I was there too and stayed for the entire game. There might not have been 46K there, but it wasn't far off for the first part of the game anyway. Ya it emptied pretty fast in the third quarter but it wasn't to begin with.

2forISU

Oct 8, 2008
So more people went to the Vegas game which is thousands of miles away, but KC is three hours and we only get 11,000. Sad day to be a clone.

Drive4cy

Nov 17, 2006
So more people went to the Vegas game which is thousands of miles away, but KC is three hours and we only get 11,000. Sad day to be a clone.

Let's face it, the Vegas trip has more incentive for people to spend the money and go somewhere. Going to KC is nice but doesn't really get people fired up IMO. I'm surprised more tickets haven't been sold simply because it's a conference game Iowa State should win but with it being on TV and the economy the way it is, I'm not surprised.

swiacy

Apr 9, 2009
I live in Iowa and was in KC today on business. Talked to my Chiefs ticketholder buddy from whom I purchased my tix when they were made available to him last Spring, he is very knowledgable on KC sports and says the attendance will easily surpass 60,000. Hard to say which fan base will have more in atrtendance. MU and KU fans will be supporting ISU but won't be wearing red/yellow. The other event in town (NASCAR) will not impact attendance, different fans. Although the average NASCAR fan does remind me somewhat of the average IOWA fan if you follow my drift. One thing about this thread, Iowa State fans actually give a s**t. Nice to see some passion, when we all get to the Chiefs parking lot, lets all hold hands and sing Kum-By-Ya and then make Arrowhead rock. "Clones need to take care of business--this game is huge.

Cybyassociation

Mar 5, 2008
It is one less home game, one less game with home field advantage for a team that is fighting to get 6 wins.

There really hasnt been any "home field advantage" for ISU. If anything, playing on an NFL field in an NFL stadium will jack these guys up more than playing on home field IMO.

Cybyassociation

Mar 5, 2008
That's rather harsh, and the first sentence is incorrect.

It's a reality though. There has been little to no "advantage" to playing at home the last few years. IMO "home field advantage" would have closed that game out against Kansas last year, and would have made that final come back against A&M.

twojman

Jun 1, 2006
Clive

Are you all clueless????? 11,000 tickets sold through the ISU ticket office! How many times has that been repeated in this thread!?!?!? This does not count people that have purchased at the box office or through Ticketmaster. :confused::confused::confused:

cyowa

Apr 18, 2006
I'm really tired of all the negativity about this game. ANyone remember the Eddie Robinson Classic? If you made the trip down for that game you would be excited about this one too! It was one of the most fun atmospheres I've ever been in for a college game. For those of you asking about the KC fans, we didn't get them through ISU. Anyone with Chief's season tickets gor first priority on seating, and most others got them through Ticketmaster. A huge amount of KC ISU fans don't have season tickets in Ames so they just got them through other means. As a KC Cyclone who drives up to Ames for 90% of the home games, it rather annoys me how mutch everyone is complaining about making the trip down here once (well, hopefully twice in two years). THis isn't a bad idea, there will be 45-50k ppl at the game, and we will essentially get two home games out of the deal when we go back again next year instead of going to the Manhattan to play.

That Florida State game was a fun time, "no doubt about it", to quote a former coach. But it was really really fun because of the fat guy shown on the in-stadium big screen rolling his stomach as Seneca and the team was rolling down the field during the come back. Remember that fat dude?

By the way, Seneca WAS OVER - TDTDTDTD!

SeattleClone

Aug 15, 2006
Are you all clueless????? 11,000 tickets sold through the ISU ticket office! How many times has that been repeated in this thread!?!?!? This does not count people that have purchased at the box office or through Ticketmaster. :confused::confused::confused:

Maybe next thread. There should be one tomorrow morning, along with the same ******** and moaning we've heard since the day the game was announced.

Wesley

Apr 12, 2006
Omaha
://www.kstatecollegian.com/sports/k-state-football-team-ready-to-showcase-talent-against-iowa-state-at-arrowhead-stadium-1.1932491

JustRedman

Jul 10, 2009
Gilbert
How much are they getting paid vs what they would if they had a home game?

I was wondering the same thing. Is it better to sell 11,000 tickets to a neutral game, or 45,000+ for a true home?
I would guess that the powers that be would have estimated more than 11,000 ISU fans going, but at what point would "not enough fans=not enough money?"

CycloneErik

Jan 31, 2008
Jamerica
rememberingdoria.wordpress.com
Do you really not understand that some people have more important things in their lives than ISU football? It's not just about driving an extra 3 hours to the game.

Some fans have the ability to travel anywhere, anytime to watch an ISU game. Good for them. Some of us don't have that luxury, and we don't need the fan police coming on here telling us how we should be supporting our alma mater.

Dead on. Sometimes other things in life have to be a higher financial priority.

Latest posts

Help Support Us

Become a patron