Iowa State has sold only 11,000 tickets

JustRedman

Jul 10, 2009
Gilbert
It's a reality though. There has been little to no "advantage" to playing at home the last few years. IMO "home field advantage" would have closed that game out against Kansas last year, and would have made that final come back against A&M.

Chizik's only 5 wins were at home.
We are 16-13 since '05 at home vs. 3-19 on the road. :wideeyed:
I don't think it's fair to take a terribly coached team like our '07/'08 squads and say that it is on the fans to pull out wins vs. Kansas and A&M. I don't know how many times I was yelling my @ss off on 3rd and 12, only to see our sub-par defense give up 15 yards and suck the life out of the stadium.
How is that the responsibility of the fans/stadium to tackle in the open field? Or how is it our fault we didn't get the onside kick against A&M?

I would view it as a HUGE home field advantage, because if not for the fans, those games wouldn't even be close. Don't believe me? Take that 16-13 record and imagine them all as road or neutral games. Guarantee we don't win the majority of the 29.

CyBobby

Oct 18, 2006
Central Iowa
All of my friends that I know are going have not purchased tickets yet. And they are for sure going into the game. There is probably a decent number of ISU fans in the same boat.

Yeah, it may be a bummer to give up a home game, but I'll sure be glad next year when we don't have to go to Manhattan.

Amen Bro...the first trip I made to Manhattan KS...I topped the hill coming out of Topeka KS and I thought that I had left civilization!!!!

K-State is an even tougher place to recruit than Iowa State imho....

Just think Bros....next year you can make the nice drive to KCity and watch us play the Milddies and wont have to worry about that 2 hour trip across the prairie to Manhattan!!!!

Hope you guys have a great time tailgating and at the game...& have a brew for me!!!!!

Go Cyclones RIP the Mildcats!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:yes:

Latest posts

Help Support Us

Become a patron